H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daytime Running Lights changed ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1
I'm the troll here? Obviously, when you have HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of light bulbs burning, it is going to use up a lot of energy (that is if you can multiply). In this case, it is for no reason. But even if there was a reason, the fact a couple of people here fail to acknowlege the magnitude of the energy consumption makes THEM the TROLLS.

Of course, you won't get these trolls to make any distinction of the effectiveness of DRLs in different climates. Funny how these studies all seem to take place in the far northern reaches of the globe, where ambient light levels are a lot lower during much of the year compared to the lower 48 of the U.S. You'll never hear any of that perspective from the DRL trolls.

Of course, the DRL trolls won't tell you that most of these studies were performed with a percentage of cars with DRLs, and a percentage without. They leave out the results of what happens with ALL vehicles have DRLs.

The DRL trolls don't tell you when the flawed data shows improved results that have nothing to do with DRLs, such as single vehicle collisions, like someone running off the road.

Even if I went to the trouble to dig up the data from NHTSA (which it is all there), because we have trolls here, it wouldn't do a bit of good. These people are the type who just have nothing better to do than sit on their keyboards and arses all day, and argue based on what happens to pop into their heads at the moment ("Duh, I can see better with the lights" mentality), while ignoring all other data, a bit like conspiracy theorists.

Oh, and guess what else have failed for all you trolls? Antilock brakes. Sorry no reduction in accidents over the long term. Chew on that bone for a while.

So if and when this discussion returns with a shred of intellectual dialog, let me know, and I will present some of the findings to the non-trolls. The trolls can just close their eyes and ears, which shouldn't be too hard, since that's their modus operandi.

Michael

"The world is still flat for some people. They'll point to the horizon as proof."