H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-06-2008, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brush guard Lights???

You can get an oem switch that fits in one of the two holes in your center console. In most states it is illegal to drive on the road with off road lights on, so you would probably want a separate switch.

Part # 88963884 H3 Off-Road Lamps Switch

You can get this from
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
for about 25 bucks.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 03-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmintmi
Ah man thanks guys, I really like this forum becuase there is tons of info, pics, and people with brains here. We had some pretty bad storms here yesterday so I couldnt check back in and didnt know if I had banished myself or not for telling a guy my feelings there. But I did notice wpage didnt add a link to a previous post that answered my question (i just thought that was interesting myself). But anyways, he can talk trash all he wants on to what this thread is about, why beat a dead horse?
Thanks for the back up and thanks for the pics and post. I just levelled my H3 yesterday (waiting on tires, just cant make myself throw away the still good set thats on there) and feel the brush guard lights and some bigger tires would really set the look off. I build golf courses which requires long hours and lots of fun wheeling but nothing too hardcore(mainly mud recently cleared areas etc.). The only bad part is that the the only time I get to really work on stuff is if rains becuase of the hours. Hopefully someone will post more pics like the one with covers on the stock fogs (I spent about two hours last night trying to find some cheap online). Awsome idea and very creative, kinda makes me feel bad for wanting to steal it, thats the stuff Im talking about.

One more related question. I think the stock fogs work pretty well and Im mainly off wheeling in the woods and on the beach so I think the best bet would be a driving light to get the light farther ou in front of me. I was curious to know how some of you had yours wired up and what do you feel is the best way? On with headlights, on with fog lamps, on with high beams, seperate switch. I kind of like the idea of using the on with fog lamps or high beams so that way I dont even have to put and extra switch on my dash and wouldnt blind anyone while on the highway. What you think?

well thanks again keep it coming

IMO, go with a seperate switch and also go with an extreme white light. try out the PIAA 520's in their DRIVE style.
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...7&postcount=19
Old 03-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road

thinking about the new 520 ATP with the Xtra Xtreme White. get two for now and then if a roof rack appears later maybe a few more up top?

How hard is it to install the new button under the climate control knobs??
Old 03-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmintmi
thinking about the new 520 ATP with the Xtra Xtreme White. get two for now and then if a roof rack appears later maybe a few more up top?

How hard is it to install the new button under the climate control knobs??

The button is very easy, you remove the center console by pulling up by the cig lighters and the blank pops right off and the button pops back on in its place.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 03-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

bennersj is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you posted this topic because I have been trying to decide on lights for awhile now. I am considering the same ones you posted, the ATP's post what you get and if you like them when you make your decision.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road

ok went with the PIAA 520 ATP's for the brush gaurd. On back order, Might be three weeks before they get here but ill post some pics of it when i get them on. Also got em to through in two 540 covers to try that trick on the stock foggers. ill post how they work with the pics
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it