H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jersey Guy:
Hey First and Boulder called my dealer today (Scotts)told them that i cant go on much longer with the marker light noise he told me hes calling GM to find the right fix if there is one and is not going to put 3m or something without their permisson so I will let you guys know what happens if they tell me live with it I will want a name to talk to GM or Hummer and get to the bottom of this Thanks for the info First I would have thought the foam would work. the windshield is so flat when driving the wind justs goes right under the lip. I cant believe this is happening and these dealers dont have a clue you would think that they gave these lights a dam wind test before releasing them to be installed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good Jersey Guy.The funny part is after they did the fix the service guy said to me well hopefully that will take care of the problem.Which means they didnt even drive it after to see if it fixed noise.You would think they would do a before and after test WTF is wrong with these people.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:37 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

My noise was always on the highway. they also taped the inside cable wires and used silicone on the bolts nuts.

Let us know, so far my noise is 100% gone. It drove me nuts on the HWY.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:10 AM

boulderhummer is off the scale

thats not what i wanted to hear Jersey and First!! why can't these dealers fix the problem with their own knowledge and tools without clearing it with HUMMER,,there is obviously a flaw in the design or install process. they will have to make it right guys. i'll post as soon as i pick my truck up,,,i'm going to test drive on highway before i sign the papers. looks like H3Lady has her problem fixed. I printed her post how they fixed hers and will be showing Scotts!!!
bret
Old 08-06-2005, 06:10 PM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

Nice Boulder this is f@@@@@ bull we will get to the bottom of this looks like Lady solved her problem the noise comes and goes sometimes i can drive 30 miles nothing then there is days when all day long like cross winds or something I'm running out of patience Scotts hasn't called me yet I will be calling them Monday I think they are avoiding me soon when enough people complain they will have to do something theses dealers dont know about the H3 yet unbelievable
Old 08-06-2005, 06:19 PM

boulderhummer is off the scale

sounds good my man,,,First Hummer installed his own stripping. be waiting to find out how he made out....
Old 08-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
sounds good my man,,,First Hummer installed his own stripping. be waiting to find out how he made out.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Boulder,the edge molding helps alot.The molding fits nice an snugg so no wind should get under it.I dont have that wind noise directly over roof anymore.Just to throw monkey wrench in works,try driving with just back windows rolled down on the highway.It is unbareable and hurts my ears.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:48 PM

BeerDog is off the scale

My dealer cracked the bottom left corner of my windshield during Marker Light isntallation. I fiqured it would take a day or so to get new windshield?? I was wrong... Dealer told me that they are having tough time getting windshield?? I was able to get my H3 back.. but after a week I complained. 2 days later the dealer called and said windshield was in. Dealer was nice enough to send driver to pick up my H3 and lend me an Impala. My H3 went in shop Thursday Afternoon... I called Friday.. still not ready??? Complained again... Dealer is stating that they needed to remove marker lights to install windshield??? Has anyone heard of this??? I would not have installed them if I knew Marker Lights would be so much trouble. Anyway..I'm hoping that I get H3 back Monday sometime... Will keep you posted..
Old 08-07-2005, 04:15 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

They just have to removee the two side A-pillar pieces only - 2 screws each. the top is beyond the glass point..

ask to speak the the area gm rep and set up an urgent meeting...once he/she gets involved..it much faster getting things done right.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:57 PM

BeerDog is off the scale

Thanks H3 Lady,
I guess what concerns me, is does this have to be done each time a windshield needs to be replaced? If so then it eliminates the mobile glass guy????
Old 08-07-2005, 05:56 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

Yes, my husband just checked ours out and they do have to be remove each time. they come off in 3 mintutes.

If you dealer has problems fixing yours, I can get the number of my dealer. they are a direct GM dealer and ask for the person that install these. He will tell you how to do it.

good luck - I feel for you
Old 08-07-2005, 07:12 PM

BeerDog is off the scale

Thanks... By the way... being that my Hummer is in the shop... Does anyone have the Toll Free GM number is case I need call..or if I can't reach the local GM Rep.. I'm going to give them until close of business on Monday... I'm really kind of torn.. they have been going the extra step.. problem is the Service Dept isn't explaining why things are taking so long???
Old 08-08-2005, 08:18 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

I will see if I can get that later today