H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale
Default Love my Magnason supercharger

Ill tell you guys, the Magnason supercharger on my truck works so well. After about a two months I am very happy with it, the truck runs as smooth as stock but with tons of more usable power.

I have been running 87 octane fuel with no pinging, maybe its because of the low altitude of Long Island, but it definatly does not detinate! Which is great.

I know if i was to chane the pully for more boost it proboly would start pinging, so im not going to, but im curious if anyone has tried a smaller pully...

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Love my Magnason supercharger

Hey John, Do you get that beautiful Maggie whine? My Dad has a maggie on his GTO. Just curious if it sounds the same on the H2. Love that sound.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Should whine like a bit*h. watch temps and I am not familier with that charger but keep it maintained. they lock up on you and it's a problem.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
I know if i was to chane the pully for more boost it proboly would start pinging, so im not going to, but im curious if anyone has tried a smaller pully...

--John
Yes and I used 93 octane at sea level. You can also change your program by contacting Nelson, as TAZ has recommended him often and is an expert at that stuff.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

Bet it makes you smile when it wines. that will improve your throttle response 100% . most times a good dose of $$$$ can improve anything. they should have had a SC from the factory .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

I changed the pulley on my mag charger and brought it up to 8lbs of boost. So far so good with my mag, truck runs as reliably as stock but with tons more power. BTW, I don't find that the mag charger wines very much at all, if it wasn't for the power I don't know if I would know it was there at all.

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Yea, doesnt whine that much, but under hard accelleration it makes a electric golf cart whine.

There really is no maintnance, I called mag and they dont recomend changing the oil till 100,000 miles. I checked the oil in mine anyways and it was fresh out of the bottle clean (And thats after 30K miles)...

-John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

need some video......
Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Grizzy is on a distinguished road

Just installed my magnacharger this past friday night. All I can say is, WOW! I did happen to take video of my SUT going 0-60mph before the upgrade. I will get a new video now that everything is installed and post them both to my web site. I also have a couple condenser mics and will soon get a good quality audio recording of the new magnaflow exhaust combined with under-the-hood sound, such as the magnacharger winding up.

Grizzy
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Any of you guys having tranny problems? I've read several people that have blown trannys due to superchargers.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 08-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Not sure about everyone else, but I plan on upgrading the torque converter in mine. Perhaps put corvet servos in as well. Did the same thing to my tahoe and the transmission lasted until I sold it which was well over 100k miles.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ok I just threw together a little video showing 0-60mph before the supercharger, showing underneath the hood the morning I finished installing the supercharger, and a video showing 0-60mph with the supercharger. The first run took approx. 14secs, the second run took approx. 8 secs, and this was with the factory set 6psi boost.

http://www.atvparkvideo.com/videos/hummer.wmv

Sorry the file size is so big on the video, I'll compress it to a lower resolution tomorrow for those of you without broadband.

Grizzy

Last edited by Grizzy : 08-28-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

wow that really has a loud supercharger whine. Do you love it or do you think it will get annoying? Does it not do it under light to med acceleration?
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzy
Ok I just threw together a little video showing 0-60mph before the supercharger, showing underneath the hood the morning I finished installing the supercharger, and a video showing 0-60mph with the supercharger. The first run took approx. 14secs, the second run took approx. 8 secs, and this was with the factory set 6psi boost.

http://www.atvparkvideo.com/hummer/hummer.wmv

Sorry the file size is so big on the video, I'll compress it to a lower resolution tomorrow for those of you without broadband.

Grizzy
Link is not working.

Here's our first H2 gettin' it:
http://www.lingenfelter.com/0-60_000.mpeg

Tons more HP left under the hood we could have tuned in, but it was reliable and useable offroad. Though we did blow a TC in Moab.

Last edited by KenP : 08-28-2007 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

I've noticed that the supercharger whine really depends on how much throttle you give it. When I increase speed/rpm's slowly, you never really hear it, even up to 3-5k rpm's, BUT, if you're really putting the pedal down, you hear it almost immediately throughout the entire rpm range. It actually seemed louder on the video clip than it did to me when I was actually doing the test. When I drive normally, I hardly hear it at all. So its really nice.

Notice that long delay between shifting from 1st to 2nd gear? This is why I will be upgrading to corvette servos in the very near future. Make the transmission last a hell of alot longer.

Grizzy
Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Link is not working.

Sorry about that, I was trying to upload a different version of the video, better compression/lower file size. My server was giving me an error message when I tried to delete the original file on server, so I just changed the path to it. I updated my post to show the new link. Here it is again, and with a much lower file size.

http://www.atvparkvideo.com/videos/hummer.wmv

Grizzy
Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

OK. link is working.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I can't imagine myself not loving the supercharger whine or ever getting use to the rise in blood pressure. Whine will be matched to rpm supplied at any given time. You can insulate the firewall and inside of hood more and it will cut back on sound more. Type of air cleaner system in the rig can make a difference also. Even before my SC was installed I had rig tuned well and a aftermarket intake system trying to pull in as much air as I could. The passenger up front could hear the roar of the suction the intake system allowed. Power needs more fuel and air so when you go with power you get more noise and smaller wallet.

You can do anything with any ride it just takes desire and money. If it gets broke it only takes money to get you going again. I do not mean this directed to anyone just in general if you get to playing with high end rides and then boosting performance money really does not need to be a consideration. So it means maybe you do not buy any given high end ride and mess with it if you do not want to start spending extra cash. You most likely can buy one and leave it stock then not get into extra cash outlays, though not likely just due to the nature of any high priced ride.

I like the story most have heard in one form or another. A guy goes to a JAG dealer and after some looking with test driving the shopper asked the salesman well what is MPG, tuneup, and regular maintanence cost on this ride? The salesman replied (yes you know the answer already) Sir if you are looking at paying 100 grand and you are concerned with these small items I suggest you are looking at the wrong brand of automobile. You should go down the street and look at the Yugo dealership.

Oh well, Taz's occasional soap box talk for what it's worth.
Happy driving gang whether off road or show and shine crowd. The best thing we all found was a common interest, NO rather LOVE of Hummer's no matter which model and how we use them.

WE JUST LOVE THE RIG'S

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

nice!! I think that more importantly, if you want to work on the shift extension, then get an aftermarket torque converter.

On average, with a good, efficient torque converter and a decent STR (stall torque ratio) you'll be able to cut off a few tenths of your 0-60, 60ft., 1320 times and mph.

Im a f-body, you can gain anywhere from .3-.6 tenths off your 14mile time. So, going from a 13.5 to atleast a 13.0 or a 12.9, if you have a good tire under it.

So, a corvette servo set will feel as if the shifts are "hitting" harder, however, if you want the trans to be more productive: I would suggest a Torque Converter with a higher STR and Stall (maybe for a rig like ours, with a SC, something like a 2500-3000 with a 2.3-2.5str), trans clutch,pump vane, kevlar bands, etc... and those servos.

good luck and your truck rocks!! Love the vid, need more of those around here.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Link is not working.

Here's our first H2 gettin' it:
http://www.lingenfelter.com/0-60_000.mpeg

Tons more HP left under the hood we could have tuned in, but it was reliable and useable offroad. Though we did blow a TC in Moab.

Ken, did the lingenfelter kit come with a stall converter? Seems as if your revs climbed way to fast and a specific point when you smashed the pedal to be a stock converter. I'm guessing a 3500rpm stall by the looks of it.