H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: Love my Magnason supercharger

Ken may correct me but, his 03 was basicly the prototype SC kit by LPE for H2's and I'm almost 100% sure it had a aftermarket converter on it. Not sure of RPM but, thought it was 2500 RPM. Ken is modest about his rig being built as a test type setup as they had to do several tuning changes etc. I think it was his Moab trip in 2006 that he had to pass Dragon's shop on I-40 east in Arkansas to drop PARAGON off in Mississippi but, I was going to work on his tune for a whole day if they came through during the day which did not work out. I had gotten software from my HPTUNERS sponsor to tune 03/04 rigs and my 05 kit and software for my "99" 5.3 Silverado. The 05 was different from the 2 earlier years. I was not going to be able to wideband tune but, I was going to hook my laptop up and get him another 75HP give or take plus more torque. LPE had his rig tuned down allot with his Keene Bell boost a pump dialed in rich and I understand their position as they furnished a warranty so they protect themselves just as any of the handheld tuners do as well. They are leaving easily another 35 to 50 HP plus torgue on the table because they do not want problems so they know some people are buying these things not knowing what to do really but, you have to start someplace so do not be afraid there are people here that will answer questions if possible. I know I sure will when I'm feeling good enough to check the forum. If i have not answered yet PM me or try rlove@HummerCustoms.com.

While on handhelds I have ran Hypertech far back into the 90's on Chevy trucks and I always ran my settings on full performance but, on lowest octane. Why, because I have talked with a guy in Memphis at Hypertech a programer and how the tolerance is so huge in their tunes. Now the guy would never have admitted it but, I know what I heard and I heard it from the programer of the Power Programer also by Specialty Performance in North Little Rock, AR just 20 minutes from my house. I feel these guys near my area may be the best GM product performance developement guys I know not counting HPTUNERS of course. Yet these guys later are going to work with me doing some head and cam swaps trying ideas they have for the 6.0L using HPTUNERS software.

They both said we have to protect the consumer. I ran the most volitale fuel which is 87, 89 octane and it will give you more bang for the buck and you will not get a check engine light due to the knock retard kicking in. Before the SC I ran my H2 that way also. I do not recommend this I'm just sharing my experience over a long period. If you do it and are a little nervous just drop down to a cooler set of plugs and it will give you some cushion of which I was not worried about. My advice always comes at the risk of the reader but, i will be honest about my real world testing you do what you want. I really do normally mess around on the edge of boom allot in one area or another.

My advice is if you go with handheld go with the Superchips as HPTUNERS started providing the tunes that are in these tuners back sometime during spring of 2006 and may have been winter of 05 as the HP guys signed the deal with MSD which owns Superchips after SEMA of 2005. I met with them then and they would not come out and say so but, they had grins so big you could not have wiped them off. HP guys made the Superchips the most vercital at that time of any on the market. Just compare and read to see how much alterations one handheld will allow versus another brand. You can read that on the box or instructions. The 3 young, at the time 20 something, owners and developers of HPTUNERS have been really good guys and actual still moderate their own forum with help from others. If you read something by Keith, Ken, or Chris you will be getting info from owners. I know as they are growing so fast they have asked successful users of the product to help them since one of them does all the program writing, one does all the testing on the strip as far as development, and I forget what the 3rd guy does. I think sales etc. which is very important!!!

Well all the wise old sage can come up with to say this morning not sure though. I still have some more threads to read yet. I will hang in on the forum as long as health allows. My 3 year GI bleeding problem stopped with exploretory surgery 10/2003 has the Neuro's concerned about heart damage because it had to work extra hard for over 3 years trying to pump blood that was not there. Now I'm having real low blood pressure and slow heart rate so I have know idea where it will head next. The Neuro's are going to put me in hospital for at least a week if not more as they plan to take all anti-convultants away, well all meds in hope that seizure etc. will show itself since the Docs feel they cannot find where the neuropathy is occuring with it being masked by the meds. It has to be under supervision since some can cause stroke and other bad things if you stop them abruptly.
The great thing though is I will be hooked to real long leads hooked to my skull and heart but, the really cool thing is I get to take my laptop, cell phone, and other things I want. PRIVATE room which is so cool.

Docs hope they find area damaged by oxygen deprivation I was constantly under due to bad blood levels without many breaks. So I will have a busy rest of Sept. and most of Oct. 07. It will be nice though that I get to have my laptop with me and I can still unintentionally irrate all the Buds on the forum.
Prayers and well wishs will be much appreciated as I'm just sick and tired of being sick fighting one thing that then caused another problem then caused another one. I'm ready to get on with life and charge goals that I have but, been delayed.

Thanks for being patient with me and allowing me to blow steam and hopefully share something that is helpful.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges