H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-10-2005, 01:20 AM

Georgemarc is off the scale

and you will be so pleased when they are installed
Old 08-10-2005, 08:50 PM

Lucci is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:
Awesome! Thanks Lucci. I will have to make an point to drive to Madison to get this done. Any points of contacts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had them installed prior to delivery; they had to dealer trade to get the Vehicle and it did not have them. The Salesman, Rick Lammers arranged it for me.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:57 PM

Lucci is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucci:
"like bee's buzzing at top of windshield. When it's very windy, or around semi truck turbulance, it gets more pronounced. Dealer states they will fix on Wednesday by inserting foam tape and resealing;" I will let you know after they are "fixed" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok- I can't update you on this; apparently as they were putting things back together the windshield cracked so my H3 is still in the shop. But, they are having the Windshield overnighted from somewhere in Michigan I think, so can't be too upset about that. If something goes wrong, I don't get too upset if they remedy it in an excellent fashion. And I think they are. Plus, the loaner car they gave me is an 06 STS, pretty nice car even though a basic one. I liked the opportunity to keep it for a day and a half.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 AM

BeerDog is off the scale

Ok- I can't update you on this; apparently as they were putting things back together the windshield cracked so my H3 is still in the shop. But, they are having the Windshield overnighted from somewhere in Michigan I think, so can't be too upset about that. If something goes wrong, I don't get too upset if they remedy it in an excellent fashion. And I think they are. Plus, the loaner car they gave me is an 06 STS, pretty nice car even though a basic one. I liked the opportunity to keep it for a day and a half.[/quote]

I feel your pain... The dealership cracked my windshield during my Marker Light installation.
Took them about a week to get windshield.. In a way it worked out though, because tech had a chance to go over original marker light installation...and tighten things up...It looks alot better now...
Old 08-13-2005, 12:26 AM

Lucci is off the scale

Finally got the H3 back and all looks good. surprisingly, the cabin is much quieter at speed. I did not realize that there was wind noise associated with the marker lights, I just thought that was normal for the vehicle. The more annoying buzzing, and worse, at high speeds drove me nuts. now the whole cabin is quieter even at mid-level speeds. Still, I feel that adding a bunch of foam tape under the light trim can't really last that long. I guess we'll find out. Fortunately the warranty lasts awhile.

Interesting point for those thinking about adding them after the original vehicle purchase: I believe that accessories added during the purchase are covered by the original 4yr. 50000 mile warranty but if added after delivery they are only covered for 1yr. or 12000 miles.