H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-25-2005, 12:29 PM

CustomCruiser is off the scale

First time post, have a quick question.

I drive all across the country in a 04 H2. I pull a 4300 lb trailer for my company, driving from city to city showing off our products.

My company, EATON, is one of the largest suppliers of supercharges in the world.

Question is this: If we add a supercharger, will it help with pulling a trailer? Will it improve gas mileage, and will I still be able to run 87 pump gas.

I appreciate the help.

See attached pic of the Custom Cruiser. My job is to drive around all day in an H2, doesnt get much better than that!
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2005, 12:29 PM

First time post, have a quick question.

I drive all across the country in a 04 H2. I pull a 4300 lb trailer for my company, driving from city to city showing off our products.

My company, EATON, is one of the largest suppliers of supercharges in the world.

Question is this: If we add a supercharger, will it help with pulling a trailer? Will it improve gas mileage, and will I still be able to run 87 pump gas.

I appreciate the help.

See attached pic of the Custom Cruiser. My job is to drive around all day in an H2, doesnt get much better than that!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My company, EATON, is one of the largest suppliers of supercharges in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is Eaton's answer?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:38 PM

Kahloq is off the scale

EATON would know better then anyone here about their own superchargers and they affect any aprticular behicle. But, I can't imagine any supercharger is going to give you better gas mileage as a supercharger is meant to force more air and compress it into the fuel mixture in the engine for more power.
It will help with pulling the trailer, but mostly if your hauling up hills alot. You'll get faster take off with it and a trailer connected.
If your looking for better fuel mileage, add headers aas well as cold air induction and cat back exhaust. You'll get a bit more power too cuz the engine doesn't have to work quite as hard cuz it can breath easier.
Doesn't EATON pay for the gas?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

I smell a troll-Why not ask the manufacturer/employer that question instead of folks who don't own the product?

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 04-25-2005, 01:13 PM

Eaton makes the supercharger, but not the complete kit, intercooler, reprogramming of the computer, intake, etc.

I am not a troll, just trying to get some input as to whether or not this is a good idea or not. I am trying to sell the idea to my boss and upper level management.

Companies like Magna relabel the supercharger, case in point is the Magna 112 kit is the built around the EATON 112 supercharger.

Like I said, first time post, didnt mean to offend anyone, just a newbie looking to learn more from guys with experience on these modifications.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

To be frank, if you are driving around a vehicle that represents a product and that product is not on the vehicle, just doesn't look very good from a perception standpoint.

Regardless of how it helps you pulling the trailer, the fact that it is an Eaton vehicle with a big Eaton sign on the side of it with no Eaton supercharger under the hood just doesn't look right. Just my perspective.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:04 PM

To clarify for everyone, EATON makes many products, specifically this vehicle pulls around electrical products: Breakers, Loadcenters, transformers, etc. I work for the electrical division of EATON.

A little more about EATON: We make 90% of the Over Highway Truck transmissions, 75% of the axles, 90% of the golf grips in the world, and chances are if you fly commercial or military planes, the fluid power and hydraulics are made by EATON.

It was my idea to put an EATON Supercharger on the vehicle, to show customers all the different products we make.

I was just asking on this forum to see if anyone else has used a supercharger on an H2 for pulling a trailer. Pros and Cons. I know the supercharger is a good product, thats why we want to put one on it.

I was asking to make sure that the H2 platform will be able to make good use of the supercharger in this application.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

trashguy is off the scale

my last 2 trucks, 01 lightning and 03 f150 harley both had ford factory eaton superchargers
and i towed my fathers street rod all over with those trucks ,never had a problem.they were intercooled though.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

You may want to read through these threads

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=search&reqWords=Supercharger&use_forum_sc ope=on&forum_scope=6706011751

Hope this helps..
Old 04-25-2005, 03:02 PM

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the help. Will be in Houston TX next week. Hope to have a little bit of fun down there.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:02 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

"Physician, heal thyself"

Shakespeare
Old 04-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

We don't make condom,we make it stronger!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

I would strongly recommend that you consider a centrifugal superchrger if you are planning to tow.

I love the Mag. roots style SC--they are better off the line----quick throttle response, etc. They also generate a lot of heat under load. If you are pulling up hill, etc. and do not monitor exhaust temp, you can easily cause engine damage. I have friend who found this out the hard way.

If you do pull with a roots SC vrs. a centifuga;, you must install ehaust temp guages and watch them closely--anything over 1500 degrees plus, you muts let the engine cool down while running. Otherwise engine damage---usually valves may occur.

The trailer you show looks light so maybe all of this warning is for nothing. Heavy loads though could be a problem.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

As long as this is serious, here goes: The Eaton unit is a viable power sorce for the H2 6.0. The kit needs to be intercooled and have a tuning suppliment added. Upside to eaton is the low expense of purchase, heavy factory support and interchangeability because several american autos already roll into showrooms with Eatons. Downside is lower power potential than Kenne Bell/Magnacharger ubits, limited boost/low CFM building ceiling [The standard 1.5L unit is capped at 15'ish lbs, while optimal boost is at a 8-10 psi level], and the high heat delivery at near capacity boost.

If you follow these ideals, keep the price under 4K, then the kit would be a viable player for public consumption, not to mention a damned fun kit to have on a factory effort.

Good luck-keep us posted. And if you want to sell a unit at cost, Id be happy to mock up the kit...but please make it the 2L unit.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5