Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feds Probe Yamaha Rhino Deaths

FOX News reports Federal regulators are looking into the Yamaha Rhino after reports of 30 deaths involving the vehicle.

Quote:

The Yamaha Rhino, a hit in the off-road-vehicle market, promises to go "almost anywhere" with an "amazingly high level of comfort and ease." Now, federal safety regulators are investigating the vehicle following reports of some 30 deaths involving it, including those of two young girls last month.

The Rhino also has drawn keen interest from the plaintiffs' bar: Yamaha faces more than 200 lawsuits in state and federal courts, many alleging the Rhino's design is unsafe. Yamaha has settled some but recently beefed up its defense and says it may start to fight rather than settle.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feds Probe Yamaha Rhino Deaths

Just like happened with the 3 wheelers, and the AtV's. I wonder what they'd regulate?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Hummer Expert

brad_p is on a distinguished road

They are a bit dangerous and flip over pretty easy. My step dad had a kawasaki mule a few years back and it ran about 30 to 35 and wasnt top heavy at all and never even came near fliping. Recently he go a rhino, its alot faster and as soon as he got it my brother hauled ass and turned and ended up almost turning it over. I think that the issue is that its got more ground clearence and is faster so it wants to flip. Another issue is that people buy these things as an upgrade from a golfcart, you know camper people. Then they turn there children loose on them thinking that they will be safe, but they have to much power for children and they end up getting hurt.
[---\-|-----[ -OIIIIIIIO-]
"(O) ) ---- (O) )/"H2"\) )
Old 11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

I agree with you on this Brad. I hate UTV's. I have an ATV and would never get a UTV. The mule is more of a worker for towing a hauling. It no doubt sits lower etc.... The rhino is made to go places with Ground clearance etc... But you hit the nail on the head. not only do the roll easyier its soo much easyer to get ejected from it than riding a quad.

Not to mention they are not comfortable to ride in at all.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how the politicians will propose to regulate stupidity?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
I wonder how the politicians will propose to regulate stupidity?

I'm sure they'll find a way. Top speed of 5mph.

It's too bad people are getting hurt/ killed in these, but gawd damn, they nee to get clue and be a little more mature/smarter about driving these things.

I flipped mine on it's side. I was messing around though.

...but modify it, widen the stance, put a cage on with 5 point harness with doors, waaaaaayyyyy safer and more capable.

I would take a UTV over any quad out there today. Safety (as mine was set up) over a quad that can flip over on you or throw you off!!!!!

You can get hurt/ killed in anything. but buy the proper gear, helmet, classes/ training when people/esp. kids start out is key to safety. People are more pat to put the blam on Yamaha for this one.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the first lawyer ad for accidents on Rhinos. Some guy named Goldwater out of Scottsdale.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Hummer Expert

brad_p is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
I'm sure they'll find a way. Top speed of 5mph.

It's too bad people are getting hurt/ killed in these, but gawd damn, they nee to get clue and be a little more mature/smarter about driving these things.

I flipped mine on it's side. I was messing around though.

...but modify it, widen the stance, put a cage on with 5 point harness with doors, waaaaaayyyyy safer and more capable.

I would take a UTV over any quad out there today. Safety (as mine was set up) over a quad that can flip over on you or throw you off!!!!!

You can get hurt/ killed in anything. but buy the proper gear, helmet, classes/ training when people/esp. kids start out is key to safety. People are more pat to put the blam on Yamaha for this one.

I agree a rhino can be safe if you are wearing your seat belt and have the side doors, but i think overall a quad is safer simply because if it goes to flip or roll you can usually hop off of it, not so much with a rhino. Also if a quad lands on you they are usually light and wont do much damage but with the rhino its like a small car rolling over on you.
[---\-|-----[ -OIIIIIIIO-]
"(O) ) ---- (O) )/"H2"\) )
Old 03-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: After the war

Quote:
Originally Posted by qisolu034o
You may know by a handful the whole sack.After the war, a GI ticket of reformers headed by Sid McMath broke McLaughlins power in a move that, soon after, made the thirty-five-year-old McMath the nations youngest governor. Notwithstanding the GI reformers, however, gambling continued to operate, with payoffs to state and local politicians and law-enforcement officials, well into the 1960s. Owney Madden lived in Hot Springs as a respectable citizen for the rest of his life. Mother once put him to sleep for surgery. She came home afterward and laughingly told me that looking at his X-ray was like visiting a planetarium: the twelve bullets still in his body reminded her of shooting stars.Ironically, because it was illegal, the Mafia never took over gambling in Hot Springs; instead, we had our own local bosses. Sometimes the competing interests fought, but in my time, the violence was always controlled. For example, the garages of two houses were bombed, but at a time when no one was home. Come and buy world of warcraft power leveling, cheap wow leveling, free wow power leveling web . warcraft gold webpage!For the last three decades of the nineteenth century and the first five of the twentieth, gambling drew an amazing array of characters to town: outlaws, mobsters, military heroes, actors, and a host of baseball greats. FFXI Gil The legendary pool shark Minnesota Fats came often. In 1977, as attorney general, I shot pool with him for a charity in Hot Springs. He killed me in the game but made up for it by regaling me with stories of long-ago visits, when he played the horses by day, then ate and gambled up and down Central Avenue all night, adding to his pocketbook and his famous waistline.

Why waste so much space?? Just put your stupid wow crappy links in and be gone.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 06-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

The problem in my mind is they new there was a problem since 04 and instead of recalling them and Putting a six inch lip on the entry to keep legs they ignored it until 08. Its the only machine that does it. You call the riders stupid and some are. But I have seen them roll just by catching a rut. Safety should have been considered when the first report came out. In a regular auto, they recall if there is a hint of a design flaw that may result in injury. Yamaha was stubborn and A LOT of people got hurt. I find it to be bull **** they did that. Lots of kids got hurt. It crushed lots of legs. If the Ranger, Prowler, Teryx, Mule, Razr, EZ GO, or RTV had a rollover issue, you could blame the drivers. None of those 6+ have the issue. So why the Rhino? Why was nothing done when it was discovered in 04? If it was my kid, I would kick someones ass.