H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Hummer Novice

NIK1 is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Carpet Wet Question

I made a post a few days back about my 09 H2 drivers side floor carpet is wet under the floor mat after a rain.Someone posted to check the front marker lights that the seal might be gone.I sprayed soapy water on the front and with the winshield defroster fan on high I got no bubbles.I sprayed the soapy water on the back middle 3 marker lights and got bubbles on all 3.Since the seals are gone on all back middle 3 marker lights,would that cause the water to make my front drivers side carpet wet.No other spots are wet in the entire truck other than the drivers side carpet under the floor mat.Any help appreciated.If I can not fix at home I will have to go to the dealer to fix er up.Im gettin water logged.....Thanks...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

smileynialley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Carpet Wet Question

You have to take the marker lights off and look into the bulb holder for dampness...mine was so subtly letting water seep in you wouldn't notice with a test but after heavy rainfall the interior would be drenched.
the water would come in through the roof lights and travel down the windscreen pillar to the floor menaing the carpet would be damp.
try taking the windscreen pillar surround off (unclip the handle and the whole thing will come off) and feel the metal work for water marks.
If not, try taking up the carpet and looking for any holes etc in the body work.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Did you run a wire down your sunroof water vent hoses and see if they were clogged? That is the most common cause of water on the carpet. Some models had issues with the windshields leaking around the side plastic pieces.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Egan is on a distinguished road

I've got the same problem - driver's side soaked to the point there is standing water in the sill. The water stretches from the very front of the sill where it starts to curve up back to the B pillar. Sometimes it will even go all the way to the back seat. Over the weekend, I sealed the gaskets for every marker light with black silicone and confirmed the sunroof drains both work.

It rained Sunday night and when I went to work there was no water and when I got to work after a 15 minute drive there was no water either. It rained most of Monday morning and when I got back in the truck to go home that night, the driver's carpet was soaked and there was standing water in the sill all the way to the B pillar.

The only thing different between Sunday night and Monday morning is that my truck faces forward in my driveway (very slight incline from garage to street) and I back in to my spot at work (slight incline in the other direction). I just can't find where the water is getting in or how it is getting down to the floor.

What else can I look at? Satellite antenna? Grommet in firewall (I gooped that up on both sides really good)?
Cognito UCA's
Kryptonite Tie Rods
Kryptonite Swaybar End Links
Traxda Keys
Traxda Rear Coil Spacers
Bilstein Shocks
TruCool Tranny Cooler
Corvette Servo
Gobi Ranger Roof Rack
Gobi Bed Rack
Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT: Nav, Bluetooth, iPOD, Backup Camera
Valentine 1 w/ Blend Mount
ATX Artillery 17x9 Teflon
Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.5x17
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

glennf1 is on a distinguished road

Egan - I have a SUT too and I finally found that water drips around the midgate sides and it runs down into the door sills and runs all the way forward and the carpet soaks it up. Next time it rains lower the midgate and look or shine a flashlight inside around the edges. I added weatherstripping but if I go through a carwash or if it's raining real hard I still get water intrusion.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

There are 3 different water leak problems with the H2s and you all have covered 2 of them, marker lights and sunroof drains.

if you are still having water problems then you should reseal your rubber bushings that protect your wires coming from the front doors to the cabin. Water POURS down the B pillar and down the inside of the door and out the buttom of the doors (front side) by those big rubber seals. I tried everything until finally found that putting some siliconing around those rubber parts fixed the water issue. Hope that works for you guys.
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.

Last edited by ROUSHDEMON : 12-19-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennf1
Egan - I have a SUT too and I finally found that water drips around the midgate sides and it runs down into the door sills and runs all the way forward and the carpet soaks it up. Next time it rains lower the midgate and look or shine a flashlight inside around the edges. I added weatherstripping but if I go through a carwash or if it's raining real hard I still get water intrusion.

Ya, I added weatherstripping there too, but it didn't solve the problem. I stripped the sides and the bottom of the gate which then smashed into the existing weatherstrip. I'll check it with the flashlight to see if I missed a spot.
Cognito UCA's
Kryptonite Tie Rods
Traxda Keys
Traxda Rear Coil Spacers
Bilstein Shocks
TruCool Tranny Cooler
Corvette Servo
Gobi Ranger Roof Rack
Gobi Bed Rack
ATX Artillery 17x9 Teflon
Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.5x17
Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
There are 3 different water leak problems with the H2s and you all have covered 2 of them, marker lights and sunroof drains.

if you are still having water problems then you should reseal your rubber bushings that protect your wires coming from the front doors to the cabin. Water POURS down the B pillar and down the inside of the door and out the buttom of the doors (front side) by those big rubber seals. I tried everything until finally found that putting some water proof sealant around those rubber parts fixed the water issue. Hope that works for you guys.

Thanks Roush! I checked for water around those bushings and they felt okay, although there was sitting water around the hinge bolts. I'll try siliconing some of those areas when I get some time and daylight.
Cognito UCA's
Kryptonite Tie Rods
Traxda Keys
Traxda Rear Coil Spacers
Bilstein Shocks
TruCool Tranny Cooler
Corvette Servo
Gobi Ranger Roof Rack
Gobi Bed Rack