H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Hummer Novice

dougie is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Passenger door

Please help.
I have a 2003 H2 Hummer. Suddenly without any warning all the electric stopped working on the front passenger door. The window, the wing mirror and door switches stopped working. The remote door opener does not work either. All other 3 doors including rear door work okay. I have looked at the fuses under the dash & engine compartment but cannot find anything wrong.
Has anyone any suggestions what I could try?
Thanks,
Dougie
Old 06-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Passenger door

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie
Please help.
I have a 2003 H2 Hummer. Suddenly without any warning all the electric stopped working on the front passenger door. The window, the wing mirror and door switches stopped working. The remote door opener does not work either. All other 3 doors including rear door work okay. I have looked at the fuses under the dash & engine compartment but cannot find anything wrong.
Has anyone any suggestions what I could try?
Thanks,
Dougie

Get a new set of electrical door switches for it. That was my problem with an 02 dodge ram. Replaced the switch and everything went back to normal. Good luck, hope it's nothing major.

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)
Old 06-13-2013, 12:05 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

dougie,
I think a few weeks back, if not a little more than a month back, there was a post on here by someone having the same issues.
I think I remember it was something more than just a switch or a fuse, but was still one of the Hummer Gremlins.
I dont remember what was said about the fix - so hopefully you find the thread and can post a link. (I would look myself but I am getting ready for work)
Good luck
Old 06-13-2013, 02:11 PM

fyr145 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to suggest you come at it from a different approach here.......

When I have any electrical issue, it has been my experience to always try and start from the simplest issue and work back to the more involved. This is a more systematic approach to the problem. So, with that being said, why not start at the easiest solution and double check all the fuses again with a meter.

Fuses may "look" fine, but depending on where they break sometimes they can fool you. Its not often they break in the edges as they tend to break in the middle of them so you can see it easier. But a simple meter confirmation will definitely rule out fuses for you.

Next, I'd go with taking the door panel off (its not difficult to get apart) and check your connections of the wires to the switches. The OEM connectors usually have a clip on them that keeps them from falling out of their sockets but its always good to get in there and physically use your fingers and give a little wiggle or push just to make sure one of them didn't pop out some how.

You also could use your meter to test the continuity on each of the switches as well since your there. Use/add clips instead of probes on your test leads to help aid your process.

After that, look for loose ground wires. H2's have several grounding places that are used to secure/complete their circuits to grounding spots. Trace the door wires all the way through the door and also into where the wires go into the door from the lower kick panel. Pop off that kick panel and follow the wiring up into and behind the dash panel.

Hope this helps, let us know how things go. If this doesn't work, we can go further into it from there. At this point your basically looking for these issues:

*loose connections
*poor ground
*defective switch panels
*short circuit/pinched/exposed wiring

Good luck
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyr145
start from the simplest issue and work back to the more involved. This is a more systematic approach to the problem.

I am going to completely agree with FYR here. This is actually how I approach my patients when it comes to working them up in the ER. I always remember one of my precepting physicians state "always think horses when you hear hoof beats".
Everyone wants to think that its the worst it can be, figuring that if you fix it the hardest way possible you will fix it good.... not always true. Sometimes it is the easy solution that fixes the best. (ie. chest pain in the ER doesnt always mean heart attack... could just mean indigestion - why crack a chest open for something an antacid will curse)

- Side note:
FYR - do you have a break down on how to take the door panel apart?
I am thinking I want to try to fix the sticky handle I have for my rear door
Thanks