H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Hummer Novice

NIK1 is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Remote Start Question

I have a 2009 H2 and with the factory remote start you can start it twice for 2 10 min run times. After starting it twice with the remote you have to use the key to start it.My question is how do you make it run for 20 min straight instead of the 2 10 min ones. I read somewhere maybe in the manual that it can be done by pressing certain buttons on the remote. Does anyone know the sequence.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

ryaleon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Remote Start Question

I'll look in my manual when I get off work.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

The remote vehicle start (RVS) function allows engine starting while not in the vehicle. It also allows the vehicle HVAC system and other vehicle systems to enable, providing a comfortable vehicle upon entry. RVS functions have an operating range of up to 195 feet, depending on conditions. The RVS sequence begins by pressing and releasing the lock button and then pressing and holding the RVS buttons on the keyless entry transmitter. The turn signal lamps will illuminate to indicate the vehicle has received the remote start request. Each time an RVS is performed, the vehicle doors are locked, however they may then be unlocked/locked with the transmitter or vehicle key at any time. Once activated, the engine is allowed to run for 10 minutes. The RVS time may be extended by an additional 10 minutes by again pressing and releasing the lock button and then pressing and holding the RVS buttons on the transmitter. This feature is called a RVS continue and allows a maximum of 20 minutes of engine running. If the RVS continue is performed at 7 minutes into the initial 10 minute time-out, a total of 17 minutes of engine running would occur. The RVS event may be suspended at any time by pressing only the RVS button on the transmitter or by entering the vehicle and turning ON the hazard lamps.

In between ignition cycles, only 2 RVS events may occur or be attempted. Once 2 events or attempts have been made, future RVS events will be suspended until the vehicle is started using the ignition. The LCD display on the 2 Way Advance Remote Start transmitter will count down the remaining minutes in the RVS sequence. If an RVS attempt is not allowed, the LCD will flash all dashes when pressing the remote start button on the transmitter.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Hummer Novice

Thanks for the info..
Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Hummer Novice

I just tried the extended start by pressing the door lock button then holding the start button on the remote till the headlights flashed and it still shut off after 10 minutes.Maybe the 09 H2 does not have extended auto start. Anyone else with a H2 get it to work.Maybe I am doing it wrong.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

It wont work like that. Read this section more closely.
The RVS time may be extended by an additional 10 minutes by again pressing and releasing the lock button and then pressing and holding the RVS buttons on the transmitter. This feature is called a RVS continue and allows a maximum of 20 minutes of engine running. If the RVS continue is performed at 7 minutes into the initial 10 minute time-out, a total of 17 minutes of engine running would occur.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Hummer Novice

This is how I tried to get it to work. I started the truck with the remote,truck started, then I pressed the door lock button, and then I pressed the remote start button. Still it shut off at 10 min.I'm stumped. You mentioned pressing and holding the RVS buttons, my grey H2 key chain has three buttons, unlock doors, lock doors, and the remote start button.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Hummer Novice

I will try it again today, start truck with remote. After it starts hit the lock button again, now how long do I hold the start button before I let go, maybe I am not holding it long enough.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Hummer Authority

No. Once you start the truck you can start again for an additional 10 minutes. If you do that procedure before the 10 minute initial start up it will actually shorten the total run time. You can not do a 20 min runtime. You can only extend the run time by 10 minutes if you wait the full 10 minutes and restart. If you do this procedure 5 min into initial startup it will run for 10 minutes more than the original 5 minutes for a total of 15 minutes. There is no way to do a 20 min runtime right from the first start
Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Hummer Novice

Ok.That's the way I have been doing it.I thought it could do a 20 min run right off the start. Thanks for all the info and help. Stay warm she's dam cold out.