H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

(((echo))) is on a distinguished road
Default GOT ROCKS?

ok...let the flaming begin
Im usually a mudder/snowmobile but the local jeep club has invited me on their next "rock run"
they asure me that the trails arnt too difficult for they run without spotters (they even run stock jeeps)

so any pointers i should be aware of?(allready know that i gotta take off the side steps)
help a bruddah out
Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOT ROCKS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((echo)))
Im usually a mudder/snowmobile but the local jeep club has invited me on their next "rock run"
they asure me that the trails arnt too difficult for they run without spotters (they even run stock jeeps)

so any pointers i should be aware of?(allready know that i gotta take off the side steps)
help a bruddah out

Where abouts do you live?

If this is westcoast wheelin, just be careful of narrow areas like in between the trees. Be prepared for pinstripping and a few bumps. Always be aware of your surrounding enviroment and your H2's dimensions. Other than that, you should be fine.

But if you're wheelin with a club whose rigs are all mashed to hell, chances are you might be in for a setup. Knowing your enemies is half the battle.

Don't get pressured or taunted to do anything you're not comfortable with.

I wheel with all sorts of modded rigs just to keep my senses sharp. They're a rough but good bunch of peeps. And we love great mountain views.
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

HUH??????????????????????????????

"Don't get pressured or taunted to do anything you're not comfortable with."

Dennis what the hell has come over you???? I am utterly confused That statement is not spoken like a true motorboatin SOB.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 11-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

help a bruddah out
Keep us updated on how it goes. I am very interested on this and will watch the thread for the next couple of weeks. Best of luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

(((echo))) is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Where abouts do you live?

If this is westcoast wheelin, just be careful of narrow areas like in between the trees. Be prepared for pinstripping and a few bumps. Always be aware of your surrounding enviroment and your H2's dimensions. Other than that, you should be fine.

But if you're wheelin with a club whose rigs are all mashed to hell, chances are you might be in for a setup. Knowing your enemies is half the battle.

Don't get pressured or taunted to do anything you're not comfortable with.

I wheel with all sorts of modded rigs just to keep my senses sharp. They're a rough but good bunch of peeps. And we love great mountain views.
it's an east coast trail (im in Maryland)
it's prolly gonna be somewhere in Va or Pa
A friend of mine runs her jeep with them all the time and it's stock except for tires. she just put graphics on the side so im fairly confident that rubs and scrapes should be at a minimum.

I doubt seriously that i'll need to adjust tire pressure, although it would be nice to "pop the collar" and let some air out knowing i can air myself along the way (she allways gripes that she needs to find someone with an air tank)
as i said...the is a first for me< if i remember correctly their next run is in december so snow....mixed with a lil mud....mixed with a few logs....mixed with rocks. I have my hands full
Old 11-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHummerGuy
HUH??????????????????????????????

"Don't get pressured or taunted to do anything you're not comfortable with."

Dennis what the hell has come over you???? I am utterly confused That statement is not spoken like a true motorboatin SOB.

Maybe I should rephrase that,

"Don't get pressured or taunted by guys like me to do anything you're not comfortable with."

Actually, on one run I did with a fellow Elcovian, dna (He has a white H2) at Whipsaw, he asked me to navigate his H2 up Falcon Hill and a few technical obstacles. Being a novice, he didn't let his ego get him into trouble and did the right thing by asking for help. I've seen alot of guys out there mask this and find themselves in deeper trouble and become a bigger burden to the group.

And try not to be a "Point & Shoot" type of wheeler. There's no skill in that. You might end up being the star of a broken tie-rod video and get so frustrated with your ability, you end up trading down to a Jeep.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
it's an east coast trail (im in Maryland)
it's prolly gonna be somewhere in Va or Pa
A friend of mine runs her jeep with them all the time and it's stock except for tires. she just put graphics on the side so im fairly confident that rubs and scrapes should be at a minimum.

I doubt seriously that i'll need to adjust tire pressure, although it would be nice to "pop the collar" and let some air out knowing i can air myself along the way (she allways gripes that she needs to find someone with an air tank)
as i said...the is a first for me< if i remember correctly their next run is in december so snow....mixed with a lil mud....mixed with a few logs....mixed with rocks. I have my hands full

Snow runs are so much fun but in some cases, more difficult. Depending on the trail rating, it's almost imposible to pic the right line on the first try being the snow covers everything. I'm going on a snow run up to Whistler in two weeks. Nothing technical, mostly logging roads and pure white scenery.

Good luck and be careful. Don't forget your emergency gear.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Bish that\'s not cottage cheese!!! You have a yeast infection!!!
Walter_Cronkite is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
Airing down is good...you get better grip and you can "feel" the obstacle under you better. 20psi is not too low but does the job. Dont force steering when your tires are bound(wedged between rocks making it very hard to steer)....this is a good way to break a tie rod.

You should have no problem following a stock jeep no matter what tires they put on(unless you are talking about a rubi with an experience driver). You will have to take different lines than them but your truck handles side slopes like a champ. BTM is your friend and will allow you to tackle obstacles much smoother.

Great input there Hoss. I've edited the link for you.

Here's the info you needed ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO.....

You'll find the basics here.http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30914
Old 11-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Be sure to know how the different 4wd buttons work and how to BTM.

Have fun.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
And try not to be a "Point & Shoot" type of wheeler. There's no skill in that. You might end up being the star of a broken tie-rod video and get so frustrated with your ability, you end up trading down to a Jeep.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Aich Tew is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I doubt seriously that i'll need to adjust tire pressure, although it would be nice to "pop the collar" and let some air out knowing i can air myself along the way

ALWAYS air down for off-road.