H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale
Default Re: 2 TRAFFIC TICKETS THIS MORNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Didnt you get a police report from the cop ?

Indeed I did. The cop seriously thought I was screwing around with him when I told him about it/showed him the report. He said "he had to call it in" to confirm. He still gave me a ticket though.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3less is off the scale

Quote:
I dont know if your aware of this but...

I NY those tickets are equipment violations if you put the front plate on and remover the plastic cover within 24 to 48 hours you go to the desk sargent at the precinct that issued the ticket they will inspect your rig and the tickets will be disregarded .No charge

Many people dont know this I deal with many young drivers with a drivers ed program and tell them this.Many I seen months later and said it worked for lights/tint/front plate/bald tire/cracked windshield ect.

Go to precinct Do now !

Yes I have heard this too knew some one who needed to change plates but had them in the car (it was Feb. sub zero) and the cop followed him to a garage so he could watch him put them on.
Make the change and show them that you did it you may get a break, sans the smart remarks !
Bye the way the guy got the ticket anyway!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

treat nice, get treated nice....
Old 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Sorry bout those tic's. Do a search using your favorite search engine for beating traffic offenses...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

That's a drag. I personally hate the front license plate rule. Some states don't have it, others do. They're pointless in front!

Besides, where do I put my novelty plate if I have TWO state plates?!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Hummer Novice

LittleBear is on a distinguished road

Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Indeed I did. The cop seriously thought I was screwing around with him when I told him about it/showed him the report. He said "he had to call it in" to confirm. He still gave me a ticket though.

Maybe because you came from another state ? He should have let you go
Cops give me a brake,I usually give a funny comment ,Im sure my fathers NYC family badge helps though.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pennsylvania has fix it tix too. Pursue it.

I have never been questioned on only having one plate in NY or anywhere else. I think PA is one fo the last states to only require the rear plate.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3less is off the scale

Quote:
Maybe because you came from another state ? He should have let you go
Cops give me a brake,I usually give a funny comment ,Im sure my fathers NYC family badge helps though.
Do you need a brother? could use a father who has a badge!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks. When I was getting a lift on my truck a few years ago, the local police came inside to ask who owned the truck parked out front. The owners of the shop told them that it was someone who dropped it off to have work done on it, and the police told them that when they return that the shop should tell them they were advised to remove their license plate covers unless they wanted a ticket. I didn't realize it was illegal until then, though I guess it makes sense.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007

I have never been questioned on only having one plate in NY or anywhere else. I think PA is one fo the last states to only require the rear plate.

Nope, try the whole southeast region as well
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMOYELLO
Maybe you should have said-------2 see my 35" tires sir...This is real life.U BACKNBLACK R AN IDIOT...

Big talk from a boy
Old 07-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
That's a drag. I personally hate the front license plate rule. Some states don't have it, others do. They're pointless in front!

I keep the front plate in a safe place (in the compartment with the jack).
Old 07-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Elcova Rookie

Bampei is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007

From NCLS.ORG

Two License Plates Required

Approximately 30 states require that automobiles have a license plate on both the front and back of the vehicle. Proponents of two license plates argue that it increases safety and helps law enforcement officials. For example, supporters have suggested that two license plates help photo radar enforcement, because the photo is taken from the front of the car.

Opponents, however, suggest that two-plate systems increase the likelihood of fraud because a vehicle owner might put the second tag on another unregistered vehicle, thus evading registration taxes and fees. Another concern is the expense of issuing twice as many plates and storage of the plates. The price of manufacturing a license plate varies from state to state, and sometimes the price differs for specialty plates or personalized plates versus regular plates. For example, Missouri manufactures its plates at an estimated cost of 84 cents per plate, while the estimated price in Connecticut ranges from $2.85 to $8.

As reported in The Fast Track to Vehicle Services Facts: 1999 Edition, a total of eight jurisdictions responded to the question of whether they currently were considering changing the number of license plates required on a vehicle. Almost all the responding jurisdictions that currently require two plates have considered cutting back to one, but efforts have almost always failed. For example, the debate over one versus two plates has been ongoing in California for several years. Currently, law enforcement officials in California and other supporters have prevailed in maintaining the two-plate requirement, but proponents of one plate continue to emphasize fiscal concerns. On the other hand, the Indiana legislature has considered changing its requirement from one plate to two, but the move has been defeated because the advantages of two plates have not been shown to outweigh the costs.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Elcova Rookie

Bampei is on a distinguished road

More on the one vs. two plate rules....

From Wikipedia:

In the United States, 20 states do not require an official front license plate, these states being Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington, and West Virginia; U.S. territories Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam also do not require an official front license plate. In Nevada, front plates are optional if the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate. [8] Antique auto collectors may use novelty replicas of period license plates to give their show cars a dated look.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

DAM! I was upstate Ny this weekend and got a ticket from the Sydney local town police for 45 in a 30.I was leaving a Kmart center and going down the road about 3/4 of a mile and right at the 30 sign he got me.
No other sign before that and i thought I was driving slow .
The PO slithered all stelth like up to my open window(tint )Said did you know its 30 on village roads, I said I didnt realize it till I seen you and most of the roads up here outside the village are 40 to 50 mph roads.
I said I thought I was doing 40.
He did ask me if I had factory tires I told him my dads a cop and showed him my badge,he said thats nice .
When he came back with the ticket He also slithered up in stelth mode learing his head up (maybe he was realy short or thought I would pop him ?
My wife asked If that was the only 30 sign on that part of the road Because it was at the end of the road, he said stop getting
argumentative and explained the ticket.WTF

County and Ny state cops always cut me some slack, this Hick Ahuh AhuH Just collecting funds for the town.

Then Im told By my mother in law and sister in law that they each got one in the same spot and never gave me the heads up ?.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT

Well, here in mexico you have the front plate, the rear plate
the front interior window sticker, the rear interior window sticker and the "circulation hologram"

it is hard to even see out the windows with all that sh!t!
what a nightmare

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen vehicles from Texas with bigassed stickers in the window. They suck worse than front plates!!!

I hate front plates. On my H3, I just bent it to fit the bumper (by slamming it into the sand dunes at Pismo) Look at some of the vehicles they're mounted on, they cover some of the most important part of the cooling area!

I hate those photo revenue generators, get the deflection spray, it works.

I didn't even have front plates on, but at airports, they've become anal about it because they record every single vehicle with cameras now and will ticket you if you don't have it. I seriously wished that they'd at least make the front plate Euro style so that it wasn't so obtrusive, ugly, and air blocking.

About the cost of plates? Here in Cal, believe me, you pay for your plates, and pay, and pay, and pay, and pay, and pay..............