H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

RippSpeed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
If it doesnt have options to disable Torque Managment like the Predator, then it's junk in comparison
please explain what torque management is
Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Sorry to be late. The responce that you got so far is correct. You can use the tuner on only one ride at a time. Pull the handheld tune out then put factory tune back in your ride then you can use it on another ride.

There is a new wrinkle to be added to the handheld tuners later. I have not talked to anyone that has gotten a tuner with this new feature but, I heard it will be in 2008 or 2009 from a reliable source. Once a tuner has been used with your vin# and handheld has associated itself with your vin# that even after removing the tune putting factory tune back in the handheld will not be able to be used with any other vin# car. The computer on your rig contains your vin#. Even now the handheld checks a list of vin's it has to be sure that your rig is one that will work with the tuner you bought. It is just a short step for the companies to have the tuner to mate up with the rig it is first used on then only allowed to be used with that truck or car only. It will just bring them more sales which I cannot blame them but, I think at least 1 extra use should be allowed.

Anyway everyone can put 2 & 2 together and see that this was coming sooner or later.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

OffRoadin is on a distinguished road

OK, so I upgraded the software on my '05 H2 w/ the Hypertech Max Energy. I did:
Premium tune
6200 Rev limit
+400 on all shifts
+50% shift firmness
Stock tires and gears
Top speed of 149mph

And even activated the tow/haul feature on the console (read a couple posts on that)...

My initial impressions are that yes it shifts firmer which I definately like, and yes it does seem a little quicker, but I expected a bit more... I know that the H2 is built like a tank and maybe I'm just used to sports cars and motorcycles, but I expected a bit more.

One question... A few other programmers claim anywhere between 25-37hp. Does hypertech claim any specific HP number gains? On their website it gives alot of numbers for the turbo deisels, but nothing for the 6.0L NA engines.

I will have to change the programming once I get my new wheels and tires on but until then... I'll leave it as it is and burn through this tank and report back unless some one has better perameters to test out.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34096
Old 11-08-2007, 02:21 AM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
...Some companies will allow a few times to send back the handheld and will put their tune back in it so you can start over. It is best even though a mess to unload put factory in and reload.

Just to clarify, this used to be the case. Hypertech is in Memphis, and I have a very good friend that's an engineer for them. I talked to him about this new system. If you happy to lose your tune, the Max Energy looks over your system and "fills in the gaps". So no detuning and retuning.

As far as performance goes, Taz is right that you can't tune with this. HP Tuners or an ECU piggyback system of some sort is better. BUT you will NOT need to tune unless you have forced induction! Hypertech has their own dyno and spends hours upon hours to make your motor as effecient as can be from factory. This improves both gas mileage or power, depending on how you drive.

IN ADDITION, the Max Energy is updatable. Really cool. For example, if GM decided to change something halfway through the year, which is typical, you just hook the system to the USB port and download the right one. If it's something they haven't seen before, just download your stock info and send it to them. It'll be back to you in a day or two. Saves on shipping and time!

For anyone that wants to get this, it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee! Hypertech will reinburse the company you buy from for the purchase, so absolutely NO companies should have any problems taking care of it for you.