H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

RippSpeed is on a distinguished road
Default Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Well, I got it in friday night. I downloaded the program into my 2005 H2 and man its a totally different beast ... Its just has alot more power on just the regular tune. I set my tune to regular, rev limit 6200rpm, 1-2 shift +400rpm, 2-3 shift +400rpm, 3-4 shift +400rpm, 25%shift firmness, top speed of 149mph...

I tried the premuiem program and I felt it was just too much for the rig especially when tooling around town with the family soo I set it to the regular tune... Over all 2 thumbs up and very very happy with the programmer... Only thing is I have to see it Hypertech has any new updates for this programmer...
Old 10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Hummer Professional

Hucky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

When You say Download,

How does the process work, start to finish?

Post up your gas mileage without it and now with it, please

Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucky
When You say Download,

well, I plugged it into the OBDII plug in the Hummer just below the dash in the driver side.

Quote:
How does the process work, start to finish?

step by step:
1) plug in into obdII plug (in driver side right below steering wheel)
2) turn key to the on position ( make sure you turn off the headlights)
3) the programmer will check for trouble codes
3a) programmer will read out trouble codes if you have any...
3b) programmer will ask you if you want to clear trouble codes before continuing the programming
4) enter into hyper programming mode
4a) programmer will ask you wether you want to tune for regular (87 octane ) or premiuem (91 or 92 which ever you guys have) tune
4b) programmer will ask to set rev limiter
4c) programmer will ask you if you want to change top speed limiter to match your tires
4d) if you have after market tires
4e) if you have change the rear axle gear ratio
4f) if you have automatic transmission
4f.1) if you want to change the shift points
4f.2) if you want to change shift firmness
4f.3) if you installed a after market shift kit
5) programmer will tell you what you selected...
6) programmer will read and store the factory program
7) programmer will reset the ecu and write the program with the selected parimeters you selected
8) programmer will tell you prgramming is done. turn key off for 30second and press y to unplug programmer...
9) your done!!!

Quote:
Post up your gas mileage without it and now with it, please

Thanks

by the way it looks I may have gain like 30+miles to the tank...nothing big but thats been me driving with my lead foot... I'll post up how it really consume gas when I head to san francisco with the family this November 16th...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Hummer Professional

Very Nice Post of Info.
Thanks much

Lead Foot
Old 10-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Hey, if I buy a used programer is there anything you have to do different with it? I mean is there old codes in it from the last vehicle or is it still just like new where I plug it in and it knows my vehicle. I mean crap you can buy used ones for half the price as new, but I don't want a used one if I have to recalibrate it or something. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by working Hummer
Hey, if I buy a used programer is there anything you have to do different with it? I mean is there old codes in it from the last vehicle or is it still just like new where I plug it in and it knows my vehicle. I mean crap you can buy used ones for half the price as new, but I don't want a used one if I have to recalibrate it or something. Thanks for any info.
just make sure the unit has been reset...

all programmers are locked to one vehicle ( one vin number )... Unless the last owner didnt reset his programming back to stock ... The programmer will only work for his rig not yours...

And the only other thing is you would have to maybe go online to see if they have any new updated tunning programs for your rig ...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

So Ripp, what made you go with the "max Energy" over the Hypertech III?

Last edited by working Hummer : 10-28-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by working Hummer
So Ripp, what made you go with the "max Energy" over the Hypertech III?
the max energy is a newer unit which supersedes the hypertech III ... I could have gone with the predator which has a tone more tuning point but lets get it striaght this is a Hummer not a sports car... Plus its a lot smaller and more compact than the hypertech III unit...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

SUPERCHIPS

Please check this out as i know who writes the tunes used in this programer.
They are a sponsors of the SUPERCHIPS Racing team and vice versa a formality. They cut a long time marketing deal with MSD who owns SUPERCHIPS and the racing team. In the deal MSD gave the propietary tuning for Dodge and Ford which I undestand MSD had that market sowed up. It would have taken another 5 years at least more for the team i know to have gotten their own Dodge and Ford tuning progams wrote. It was a win win situation for both companies. I do not mention who i know is a beneficiary and very small company back in the SEMA late in 2005 and Spring SEMA 2006. I will do so and if searched will find the small company.

I have allot of confidience in this programing/tuning team until proven wrong. When or if I find anything wrong I will go through this forum like Paul Revere. I have been happy with them for 2 years but, no one is perfect.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippSpeed
Well, I got it in friday night. I downloaded the program into my 2005 H2 and man its a totally different beast ... Its just has alot more power on just the regular tune. I set my tune to regular, rev limit 6200rpm, 1-2 shift +400rpm, 2-3 shift +400rpm, 3-4 shift +400rpm, 25%shift firmness, top speed of 149mph...

I tried the premuiem program and I felt it was just too much for the rig especially when tooling around town with the family soo I set it to the regular tune... Over all 2 thumbs up and very very happy with the programmer... Only thing is I have to see it Hypertech has any new updates for this programmer...
Does it have an economy setting too?
dk
Old 10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippSpeed
step by step:

Sounds like it works almost identically to the Superchips programmer that I have, and am quite pleased with. The only pain is having to un-program it before going into the dealership, then reprogramming when you get the truck back.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
Does it have an economy setting too?
dk
regular tune is the economy tune
Old 10-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

Can you set custom shift points?
dk
Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Sounds like it works almost identically to the Superchips programmer that I have, and am quite pleased with. The only pain is having to un-program it before going into the dealership, then reprogramming when you get the truck back.

Do you do this cause your under warrranty?

Sounds like a pain in the ass, but worth it for the warranty work.

Thanks

When you "unprogram" what is involved with that?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

sort of off topic but not... Is it possible for me and another H2 buddy to buy a programmer and share it? Or are they designed for one car at a time only?

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Handheld programmers will work with only one rig. You remove factory program and install new program which then identifies itself with your vin number.

You have to remove any tuning you have installed because if not when dealer hooks up computer it sees wrong une and over-writes it and you loose the custom tune. Some companies will allow a few times to send back the handheld and will put their tune back in it so you can start over. It is best even though a mess to unload put factory in and reload.

While in dealer they are also always doing upgrades to other computer systems and the factory tune needs to be there for many reasons.

To address sharing a tuning system, you cannot with handhelds. If you go to a laptop tuning program yes you can share a program with a little extra cost if it is still being done. I know my programs for 2003 and 2005 H2's i can tune any vin as I can with any 1999 Silverado's. I think HPTUNERS you can still do this with as that is what I use gotten from them as a sponsorship deal in early 2006. I have one goal left to reach for them and I get a full dealership to tune anything as much a I want. So later mid 2008 if within reasonable distance of Little Rock, AR. I will be able to tune for less than buying programmer but, downside is you do not have the box. I have other ideas but, have to work on a way so that you can pull my tune out and install factory for dealer trips. That will come. I could tune a completely factory bax so you could just unplug and swap them out.

The other option would be Nelson Performance who writes his owns tunes but, you send in your ecu and he ships it back so no better than I could except have 2 boxs.

You can tell tech at dealer and most will make sue not to mess up your tune. They are good guys and understand what you are doing.

Good Luck but, look at SUPERCHIPS programed by HPTUNERS. These guys are very very picky.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
Can you set custom shift points?
dk
yes you can
Old 10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Handheld programmers will work with only one rig. ... To address sharing a tuning system, you cannot with handhelds.

Taz, regarding my handheld Superchips programmer, I was under the impression that if I returned my vehicle to stock mode with the programmer, the unit could then be used to program a different vehicle. People here have said that, my mechanic has said that, the company I bought my (new) programmer has said that, and gobs of e-bayers make the same claim....but your comments read differently. Do you mean "will work with only one rig"...at a time?

-Pete
Old 10-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Taz, regarding my handheld Superchips programmer, I was under the impression that if I returned my vehicle to stock mode with the programmer, the unit could then be used to program a different vehicle. People here have said that, my mechanic has said that, the company I bought my (new) programmer has said that, and gobs of e-bayers make the same claim....but your comments read differently. Do you mean "will work with only one rig"...at a time?

-Pete

Pete..... you got it right, if you have the tuning from the programmer in your vehicle you cannot program another until you have returned the stock tune back into your vehicle from the programmer therefore the handheld programmer can only be used on one vehicle at a time. When Taz stated "only works on one rig at a time" this is what I assumed he also meant.

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 10-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

If it doesnt have options to disable Torque Managment like the Predator, then it's junk in comparison