H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

looks great BABHUMV!, I have the same CB radio like yours.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

FROGGY69ER is off the scale

The shop ran the wire to the passanger kick plate, and tapped into a power source. I think it is for the ignition, which, if I understand correctly, is not a good source to use. Anyway, when I get the new UII, I am going to use the cig. lighter. I think this is what you did? What do you think? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by FROGGY69ER:
The shop ran the wire to the passanger kick plate, and tapped into a power source. I think it is for the ignition, which, if I understand correctly, is not a good source to use. Anyway, when I get the new UII, I am going to use the cig. lighter. I think this is what you did? What do you think? Thanks!

I used the power outlet for the yellow wire, I am looking for a source for the red wire which is the one that charges the ipod and should be connected to a source that switches off after 20 minutes or so. Hoping someone can clue me in as to where this wire is, and its color code.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by The Green Lantern:
looks great BABHUMV!, I have the same CB radio like yours.

I seems to be popular because of size. Works great for runs like this, but not the best on the highway.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

BABHUMV,

Question, is your IPOD charging? Mine was not, and I called Logjam about it. They sent me a new one, but it still does not charge. I used your suggestion, and wired it to the accessory port, and double checked everything, but still no charge. Any suggestions!!! Thanks for our help.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

Quote:
BABHUMV,

Question, is your IPOD charging? Mine was not, and I called Logjam about it. They sent me a new one, but it still does not charge. I used your suggestion, and wired it to the accessory port, and double checked everything, but still no charge. Any suggestions!!! Thanks for our help.

It charges great. I assumed you connected both the yellow and red wires to positive sources. Does your Ipod charge in the cradle at home? You might try a reset on the ipod, I have had them lock up before. Not sure what else to offer.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks BABHUMV!! Problem solved, but only after 4 hours of dicking with it. I was ready to pull it all out and send it back. Then I decided to pull apart the UII and see if there was a visable short. Eureka, a friggen 3amp fuse, which was blown. So I replace the fuse, and good to go. Thanks for all your advice...By the way, for those of us that doubt our DIY skills, don't. I am more and more convinced that know one does quality work anymore. The cause of the short, two loose wires that the HIGH-END Radio shop installed. I ended up spendind many more hours, and $75.00,fixing there problem.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Quote:
Thanks BABHUMV!! Problem solved, but only after 4 hours of dicking with it. I was ready to pull it all out and send it back. Then I decided to pull apart the UII and see if there was a visable short. Eureka, a friggen 3amp fuse, which was blown. So I replace the fuse, and good to go. Thanks for all your advice...By the way, for those of us that doubt our DIY skills, don't. I am more and more convinced that know one does quality work anymore. The cause of the short, two loose wires that the HIGH-END Radio shop installed. I ended up spendind many more hours, and $75.00,fixing there problem.

I'm very glad you fixed it! I agree, I decided that I am going to attempt this install myself as soon as i get the equipment. With the help of you guys and what I already know, I should be able to do this no problem!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mike,

Yeah, definately DIY. Remember, "SEE ONE...DO ONE...TEACH ONE." If you need any help, just drop us a line, and we will get it done.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Thank you. I hope to order very soon and work on it.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:36 AM

tvatz is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by BABHUMV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FROGGY69ER:

I used the power outlet for the yellow wire, I am looking for a source for the red wire which is the one that charges the ipod and should be connected to a source that switches off after 20 minutes or so. Hoping someone can clue me in as to where this wire is, and its color code. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone ever determined if there was a wire that is switched and turns off after 20 minutes or when the door is opened after the ignition has been turned off. Any luck?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by tvatz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BABHUMV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FROGGY69ER:

I used the power outlet for the yellow wire, I am looking for a source for the red wire which is the one that charges the ipod and should be connected to a source that switches off after 20 minutes or so. Hoping someone can clue me in as to where this wire is, and its color code. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone ever determined if there was a wire that is switched and turns off after 20 minutes or when the door is opened after the ignition has been turned off. Any luck? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went with f5fstop's info and used the sunroof wire (since I have the sunroof). It is in the driver's side pillar. Do a search on RAP (Retained Accessory Power) and that should give you all the info you need.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

That might be the wire I used for my radar detector. It is a yellow wire in the a-pillar. You can check out this thread for pics.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/1681043071

I would think there is something closer though.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 PM

tvatz is off the scale

Thanks for all the help!