H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-14-2014, 11:16 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default A/C repair questions

Hey all,
Well it turns out that my repair person last year screwed me when he "fixed" my a/c. Knowing it had a leak in it he basically said "here take your truck back". Of course, I was a little upset with him since 1) it wasnt right, 2) he worked on all the cars for the Corvette club, 3) he charged me at least 150-200 more then what he said it would cost and 3) he made me pay him up front. But I figured he had to be a good guy..... yeah well

Anyways, so I am back to my A/C and it turns out the one he put in had a leak in it, so of course I am trying to get him to fix it. Good luck.
But thats ok, I will make sure that others know what he did

So I am in a dilemma. The A/C parts are warrantied by NAPA and I can just get them swapped. But of course I dont have the money for the labor, and I can work on a vehicle and wanted to know how hard the a/c compressor and such is to swap out.
Like I said I am able to work on vehicles, I havent built and engine or a tranny but I can pretty much do the rest.

Any help would be great
Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A/C repair questions

It may just be the o-ring on it, I had mine replaced a couple of times until they noticed the o-ring was messed up. After they made sure it was good, no more probs with the compressor.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 05-31-2014, 12:34 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A/C repair questions

Yeah they wanted to replace the whole system.
Even with me getting the parts warrantied, it was still 400 in labor and I was like screw that. I paid 900 a year ago and another 400 this year.

So far since they checked it, it has held steady until yesterday.
Both my daughter and I heard like a pop I think and suddenly the a/c went from frigged cold (steady at 42 degrees according to my mechanical A/C temp probe in the vent) to blowing warm.... then a few seconds later it started to drop down again. It took about a minute to start cooling down but this time it only got to about 46-48, maybe 50. Since then though it has been steady ever since.... just havent been able to get it to the 42 degree mark unless I am driving (and even then it isnt actually getting to 42 completely and all the time).

Any ideas.
I ran some leak stop in there and charged the system... which it didnt appear to need charging (seemed like it was completely full according to the gauge).
So any idea what the pop was and any ideas on why it will cold steady to 46-50 but not to 42 like it did before.
(I dont feel any warm spots in the a/c while it is blowing either)

Last edited by jsbihn : 05-31-2014 at 12:42 PM.