H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's the deal with the survey you get after purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
They gave me the excuse that I couldn't return the H3 as they'd already sold my trade.

I know people that this has happened to and it is really the dealerships problem if they have sold your trade-in. As I understand it, they can not legally sell your trade until you purchase is complete. So based on the fact that they sold the trade, you should be under the understanding the deal was complete at the time of signing at the lower rate.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubs
So Hummer Customer Assistance probably won't be able to help you because of the whole seperate finance department thing.

Never sign your trade over until the deal is done with the vehicle you're purchasing. They can shop it around, but you should only sign it over once you have completed all the paperwork for your new vehicle. If you didn't sign it over to them, then they pulled the wool over your eyes...

The deal WAS done. Or so we thought when we signed the paperwork on it back in April. We signed all the contracts, odometer statements....everything.

And Hummer customer service said they couldn't help me because my problem involves a sales contract and customer service has nothing to do with how their representatives (dealerships) do business.

Last edited by Dani : 06-19-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

FutureBeachBum is on a distinguished road

I had no problems with the dealer (Lynch) everything was very smooth.
However this was the first time I had my financing ready to go before I walked in to make my final deal. It worked out great, I will never finance from the dealer unless they have some type of factory sponsored interest rate.
I do give Lynch credit for not trying to sell any unwanted add ons or application or prep fees.

Before buying my H3 I snooped around several Jeep dealers in town. One had an "environmental protection package" added to every vehicle for the bargain price of $900, the salesman told me it was worth every penny and no I couldn't buy a vehicle without it. 12 miles down the road was a dealer that had no paint/fabric sealant mumbo jumbo add ons.
Why would anyone buy from the first dealer?

www.cafepress.com/shirtspot funniest shirts on the net!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBeachBum
Why would anyone buy from the first dealer?

If you're referring to me- I did buy from the first dealer. BUT not before shopping at 3 other HUMMER dealerships in my area. Just didn't like the people as well as I did at Ed Schmidt Hummer.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

FutureBeachBum is on a distinguished road

Dani,
Wasn't referring to you at all.
It was purely a rhetorical question and I was referring to the Jeep dealers I mentioned.

www.cafepress.com/shirtspot funniest shirts on the net!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

As a evil former car sales person I could tell you stories that would make your head spin. Alot of good info. posted here so I will sum it up. If you do not do your homework you will fail the test. I made a ton of money on people who did no homework or were just plain willing to do whatever it took to get their car. I hate financeing people and that is wehre most of the money is made. Re-fi the car on your own and drop the rate if you think you were ripped. Hummer places alot of cash out for the dealers on survey scores. Make nice with service and sales people and bring them in every time you get one. Get your tank of gas or oil change and play ball. Be a dick and see how fast they come to your rescue? I have pulled people out of ditches, picked them up from the airport. droped off thier drycleaning. and had the service Mgr. pull parts off of stock trucks for my v.i.p.'s
Old 06-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
As a evil former car sales person I could tell you stories that would make your head spin. Alot of good info. posted here so I will sum it up. If you do not do your homework you will fail the test. I made a ton of money on people who did no homework or were just plain willing to do whatever it took to get their car. I hate financeing people and that is wehre most of the money is made. Re-fi the car on your own and drop the rate if you think you were ripped. Hummer places alot of cash out for the dealers on survey scores. Make nice with service and sales people and bring them in every time you get one. Get your tank of gas or oil change and play ball. Be a dick and see how fast they come to your rescue? I have pulled people out of ditches, picked them up from the airport. droped off thier drycleaning. and had the service Mgr. pull parts off of stock trucks for my v.i.p.'s

it will be a cold day in hell before I'll ever kiss someone's ass. If there's one thing I've learned in life- it's to be independant. I'll never rely on anyone else for anything.

I went to the dealership today and they tried to offer me tons of crap just to make their "mistake" go away. No thanks. Piss me off and I hate you for life. You know the situation's pretty bad when your salesman gets teary eyed over they way you're getting treated. I've become pretty good friends with my salesman and after the crap I've had to put up with- I won't go back. Not even for service. I'll gladly drive the hour and a half up to Jim Riehls or Detroit Hummer.

On another note- It's kinda interesting to see the **** that happens when you call Hummer corporate. I've had 3 other Hummer dealerships in my area call me and offer their services. One dealership even offered to help me get my title from Ed Schmidt's (not exactly sure how they'd go about that but whatever).