H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 06-13-2004, 08:21 PM

Detonate is off the scale

This had to have been my best trip ever to Katemcy. It was really a shame that not very many people showed up. Supposedly there were over 15 people registered, out of the 30 rigs we had hoped to have. Out of those 15, we only had 8 rigs show up, and only 3 H2's.

But maybe that is why it was such a great trip. Everyone there had wheeled there before and we didn't have to really baby anyone over any of the obstacles. We did the trails at a pretty moderate pace, only stopping for pictures and a couple breakages, nothing major.

The terrain out there is incredible, as is the scenery, not to mention the people that run the place are just kick ass people to be around.

A couple of us had rented a barn that was converted into a party room/hotel room. As you pull onto the land you drive up to a very large barn structure. The bottom 1/2 of the barn is an open area with table and chairs, a bar, 2 bathrooms a kitchen and an office.

Upstairs is a living room, a bed room that sleeps 8, and master bedroom. We threw one hell of a party there Saturday night. Was a blast.

Unlike the way I played poker on Saturday night, I decided to quit while I was ahead Sunday morning and decided not to wheel the Waterfall, which is a trail I've been wanting to do for some time now. Unfortunatley, I was hung over, short on time, had a long drive home, and not to mention we had no spare parts left. Next time I'm doing that ****!

So enough with the talk here are the pictures. As usual, my rig is going to be the star of the show, because that's just the way my wife takes pictures. There were several other cameras out there snapping, so maybe more pictures will show up later!

This had to have been my best trip ever to Katemcy. It was really a shame that not very many people showed up. Supposedly there were over 15 people registered, out of the 30 rigs we had hoped to have. Out of those 15, we only had 8 rigs show up, and only 3 H2's.

But maybe that is why it was such a great trip. Everyone there had wheeled there before and we didn't have to really baby anyone over any of the obstacles. We did the trails at a pretty moderate pace, only stopping for pictures and a couple breakages, nothing major.

The terrain out there is incredible, as is the scenery, not to mention the people that run the place are just kick ass people to be around.

A couple of us had rented a barn that was converted into a party room/hotel room. As you pull onto the land you drive up to a very large barn structure. The bottom 1/2 of the barn is an open area with table and chairs, a bar, 2 bathrooms a kitchen and an office.

Upstairs is a living room, a bed room that sleeps 8, and master bedroom. We threw one hell of a party there Saturday night. Was a blast.

Unlike the way I played poker on Saturday night, I decided to quit while I was ahead Sunday morning and decided not to wheel the Waterfall, which is a trail I've been wanting to do for some time now. Unfortunatley, I was hung over, short on time, had a long drive home, and not to mention we had no spare parts left. Next time I'm doing that ****!

So enough with the talk here are the pictures. As usual, my rig is going to be the star of the show, because that's just the way my wife takes pictures. There were several other cameras out there snapping, so maybe more pictures will show up later!

Old 06-14-2004, 01:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Those rocks look like the perfect playground for off-roading. I'm very jealous.

In the last pic did the H1 escape without damage? It looks like rim scuffage.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:41 AM

BAMFH2 is off the scale

Jim,

Some awesome pics - where is Katemcy located in Tx?

Really torn on the look of the Road Armor - the front looks really cool, but not too sure about the rear - looks a bit over the top...but that aside, what is your opinion on the performance? Do you have any clearance issues on the rear?

When did you get the Gobi rack? Looks great - but I thought you had a different rack?

Member of the Denver Chapter of the S&B since 2003
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim,

Awesome pics! Definitely looked like fun.

I think a lot more people could have made it (myself included) if we didn't have that Tarpley run the weekend before.

Stacy
Old 06-14-2004, 11:43 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
In the last pic did the H1 escape without damage? It looks like rim scuffage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We don't consider Rim scuffs as damage, but I don't think he did hit his rims.

And there was not a single scrath on his paint.

However, he wedged himself in there on purpuse to see if his rock sliders would hold up.

He pushed it through that crack with the full weight of his vehicle being driven into the wall.

The sliders that were once round tubes are now almost flat, they did push into the body a little bit in the back, but nothing on the body of the vehicle was touched. It was pretty sweet!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Some awesome pics - where is Katemcy located in Tx? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess it's kind of central texas. Located in between Brady and Mason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Really torn on the look of the Road Armor - the front looks really cool, but not too sure about the rear - looks a bit over the top...but that aside, what is your opinion on the performance? Do you have any clearance issues on the rear? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I really like it. It maintains the stock front approach angle, and it holds up really well to abuse. I whacked it many times on the rocks out there. No dents or any signs of it caving in. Just looses it's powder coat.

There is a slight issue since adding the brushguard. The 2 shackle mounts in the front are also the mounting point for the brushguard. When you install it, you also put on some plastic bumepr that bolt over that mount. This is to act as a stop when you lower the brush guard. Work great, except that when you bash those on the rock, they get chewed up. No big deal really, I'll just take them off if it becomes an issue, because they aren't really needed. The brush guard fits like a glove, so when you lower it, it will actually stop wherever you let go of it.

In the rear, the approach is actually improved quite a bit. To the point where you'll have to trim some of the fender out. You'd have to get into something pretty nasty for that to really show it's usefulness, but I also like the look of being able to see more of the articulation and tire in the rear. The corner guards, while over the top for sure, are awesome. So far everyone that has seen them in person has liked the look of them, despite having their reservations about them when seeing just pictures. They also make a good steps!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When did you get the Gobi rack? Looks great - but I thought you had a different rack? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Right around the same time I got my tax refund.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:37 PM

ATHummer is off the scale

Great pics Jim!! Hope to have some more uploaded by tomorrow.

Hopefully, we can grow this event each year. Great way to intermingle rigs and learn from each other. We had a great mix of folks and Shain and Randy from K-Rocks were pleased with how everyone worked well together.

Sam