H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-02-2005, 03:07 PM

oma is off the scale

I think they should have already deployed all the volenteers at this point so they can be on their way and start to go in. There are enough areas where the water has resided and any Hummer could get through. Regardless if you are a HOPE member or not, there is enough for everyone to help with and they should not turn away anyone!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

That'll be a strange event... with all those blingbling H2s rolling through the mud with their 26" chrom-spinner-rims.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

To All Club Members:

An advance team (headed by Mike Morris)for the HOPE program deployment will be arriving in Baton Rouge, LA on Wednesday, Sept. 7th. They will be located at Gerry Lane HUMMER in Baton Rouge who have offered their new facility to the Club for a staging area during the relief efforts. There will be a HOPE program training session on Saturday, Sept. 10th and 11th at the new facilities at Gerry Lane HUMMER. We have over 200 members in the area and invite any members in the area to finish their HOPE program training at this time so they may be deployed during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Official deployment of HOPE program volunteers will not be made for several weeks in the New Orleans area due to high water levels. Deployment to other areas surrounding New Orleans and in the states of Mississippi and Alabama is anticipated in two weeks time. We expect to deploy teams of volunteers over the next three months or more. Your help will be needed throughout this time.

Please remember that the HOPE program was started because we were NOT able to help during the West Virginia floods as we were NOT registered with a disaster relief organization. If you would like to volunteer your help WITH YOUR HUMMER, you need to be a member of the HOPE program. The $55 charge to become a HOPE volunteer goes to the Red Cross for indentification materials (T-shirt, door magnets, first aid kit, etc.)and admin. charges. It doesn't go to the Club.

Here is what you can do NOW:
1. If you are not registered as a HOPE volunteer, call the St. Joe Chapter of ARC at 574-234-0191 and ask for the HOPE program. This will get your name in the system! Extra personnel have been added to assist you. You may also enter the system by sending an email to: hope@stjoe-redcross.org

2. If you ARE a member of HOPE, CALL 574-234-0191 and tell them you are available for deployment and give them the dates you are available. We are basically a transportation unit. If you have extended medical training (such as a licensed physician, EMT, fire fighter, nurse, etc.) give them this information and let them know if you are willing to work in that capacity in addition to your transportation capacity. The Red Cross will take it from there.

3. Michael Read, a member from the NW, asked if he could donate money to the HOPE program to off set some of the expenses of our volunteers who will be assisting in the LA, Mississippi and Alabama areas. If you are 'like-minded', our volunteers and our Club will be incurring huge expenses in our efforts to assist. We are currently looking for a satelite phone and service subscription to aid in communication. If you know of an available phone or system that the HOPE program could use for the next several months, please contact Mike Morris at mike@thehummerclubinc.com. If you would like to donate to the HOPE program and its volunteers, you may send a check to

David Smee, CFO
The HUMMER Club Inc.
2761 Johnson Ave.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

4. Please note that deployment will be ongoing for many months. There are no sleeping facilities at the dealership but there will be water and toilet facilities and a place to camp. You will need to be 'self contained'. If you have a camp trailer, etc. expect to bring it with you or sleep in your truck. You will need to bring enough fuel to get you 'out of the area' on your return trip home. Our advance team will be taking fuel with them but it can only stretch so far and will be used for the relief efforts.

5. Our annual meeting will be held at the Durango Moab event starting on Sept. 17th. We will be asking for donations for the relief efforts and these monies will be sent to the American Red Cross to assist their efforts. Again, if you wish to help our Club volunteers OR the American Red Cross, please send your donations to our CFO, David Smee. Please attach a note to let David know where you want your donation sent.

Again, if you have any questions or need further information, do not hesitate to call or email any of the directors. Mike will be without email coverage starting Sunday. I have received over 100 emails in the last couple of days. Many thanks to all of you who have opened your hearts and wallets and cleared your schedules to help with this effort.

Thanks, Linda North
Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oma:
Which classes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The driving...I am in VT baby!
Old 09-11-2005, 02:49 AM

rodster is off the scale

Stumbled across this here . Fourteen trucks from across the country . . .

Hummer group helps out

Mike Morris, of South Bend, is leading a group of Hummer owners who are providing transportation for the relief efforts.

He founded Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies, or HOPE, one year ago. This is their first deployment, says Mike's wife, Belinda Morris.

The group has about 14 Hummers down there from across the country along with members of the German Township Fire Department.

All of them have to be certified in disaster response with the American Red Cross.

Their first full day in Louisiana was Wednesday. They've helped to look for people, deliver supplies and set up a tent-based clinic along an interstate, Belinda Morris said.

Most folks are staying for a week or two, but what about her husband? "That's a good question," Belinda Morris said.

For information on HOPE, go to the Web site http://www.hummerclub.com or call the local Red Cross at (574) 234-0191.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

That is pretty cool!

I got a response from mike about a week ago saying they were headed out. I would have thought more than 14 would have gone...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

pohlease is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HUMMER "HOPE"

What ever happened to this program? I see the web site is still up but do owners still belong to it?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohlease
What ever happened to this program? I see the web site is still up but do owners still belong to it?

Yes we do and fully active in our local redcross chapters. You should join :-)

My private H2:
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

I am strongly considering it. Looks like the hardest thing would be finding an event to get my off road certification. How much do you pay a year then? so much for the hummer club membership then another fee to the red cross? I am from Minnesota.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

We are planning an event in the north this year (2010) in your area that you could attend and get your trail cert. Also You will need to get Red Cross Certified in First Aid and CPR. Once you have that you join the club $65/yr. and pay a one time fee of $55 to become a HOPE member. This cost gives you a HOPE shirt, Door magnets and a Full on Red Cross first aid kit. That is where your money goes.

If you have any further questions contact glen@thehummerclubinc.com

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

HOPE has probably done more to better the image of Hummers than anything. My hat's off to all of you HOPE members.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohlease
I am strongly considering it. Looks like the hardest thing would be finding an event to get my off road certification. How much do you pay a year then? so much for the hummer club membership then another fee to the red cross? I am from Minnesota.

if you decide to do this, and want a buddy to go along with you, let me know.
i live down in Burnsville, and came across this post and sounds interesting.

even if you dont, ill look into it for myself too.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hey hells i am dealing with Glen through email on it. I'll pm you some details a little later
Old 10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

KT2T is on a distinguished road

I am also working with Glen on this via email and if anyone else in central Florida is interested, please PM me and we can sync up.

2000 HUMMER HMCS, kevlar flat black, Rubber Duck lift, Predator stage 3 kit, Predator (Wilwood) Big Brake kit, a work in progress...

2008 H2, graystone, air suspension (DELETED), U-steps, SMA brushguard w/valance (DRLs replaced by PIAA 520s), black taillight guards/locking fuel door/roof crossbars (x4), Cognito UCA/pitman-idler, Bilstein shocks, Rancho steering stabilizer, Kryptonite tie rods, green keys, Fuel D525 20" Revolver, 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Glen... during a call out I would assume the hummer owner pays for all gas used and lodging also then? From what i can tell from the red cross web site that is how it works unless hope has something different set up?