H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Hummer Novice

DanF is on a distinguished road
Default Adding a few inches?

How do i go about adding a few inches to my Hummer H2? I would like to add 2-3" but i am not sure where to start, do I buy a certain product and bring it to body shop or do they have the necessary material there to give it the few inches?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adding a few inches?

Welcome to the forum. Do a search for (2 inch lift) you will find a nice long thread on this with lots of great info.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

truxx is a good brand and make a front and rear kit for coil sprung H2's.

Or you can add the Chevy Green Keys and Daystar rear coil spacer.

If you have rear bags, you will have to go custom.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

DuckTruck is on a distinguished road

Check out the Cognito 2-3" kit made for H2's and GM 8 lugs.

I have the kit. Gives the stated lift height increase and still rides great.

DUCK
2003 H2, Lux & Adv Packages, Cognito 3" front suspension lift, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ Ladder, Navigation, twin Optima battery setup, AirRaid Intake, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Flowmaster Big Block II Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Programmer,Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Kit, Fabtech Tie Rods, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, Warn bumper and 9.5x winch, Warn light bar, PIAA's everywhere (14), everything blacked out, and rollin' on 39.5" Super Swamper IROKs on black powdercoated stock wheels.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 AM
Hummer Novice

octavio3522 is on a distinguished road

hey there,

Duck, i was reading you forum. How did everything turn out for your h2?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

transam95 is on a distinguished road

Not to hijack the thread but do yall think this is a good deal or do I need the shock brackets versus the shock spacers??? Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

DuckTruck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavio3522
hey there,

Duck, i was reading you forum. How did everything turn out for your h2?

The lift is on....I love it. Extremely well made and install went very well. It definitely gives 2-3" of lift....in fact my front end sits about level with my rig WHEN I have the rear height control "engaged".

As for fitting 39.5" tires.....haven't worn my 37" MTR's out yet, but I am still toying with the idea of going that big. I truly think a set of 38"s on the stock wheels would be ideal, but I can't find any that are the right size (most are too wide).

Thanks,

DUCK
2003 H2, Lux & Adv Packages, Cognito 3" front suspension lift, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ Ladder, Navigation, twin Optima battery setup, AirRaid Intake, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Flowmaster Big Block II Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Programmer,Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Kit, Fabtech Tie Rods, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, Warn bumper and 9.5x winch, Warn light bar, PIAA's everywhere (14), everything blacked out, and rollin' on 39.5" Super Swamper IROKs on black powdercoated stock wheels.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Hummer Novice

octavio3522 is on a distinguished road

I own a h2 with rear air suspension, I want to do a 3" but don't know what to do with the rear?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

HMH2SUT is on a distinguished road

Hey guys new to the forum here... I read the other posts about " 2 inch lift" theres talk about a body lifted SUT is there any more pics of that rig??
Ive helped a friend 3" body lift his avalanche it wasnt hard at all. I plan on making new bumpers anyway so dont need to worry about gaps...im not affraid to do some cutting and welding.

Duck... good luck waiting on the MTRs i got 70K on mine they wont die!!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

to lift the rear with bags you need to make some spacers. Make your spacers about 1 5/8" thick. Reason being is that you will have to buy longer bolts and the way it all lines up it you end up needing an 1 5/8" spacer.

Your spacers will be made from:

Fender washers if I recall they were 1 1/4" diameter You are going to need ALOT of them. Like 30 something if I remember correctly.

Longer bolts. I cannot recall the size. (Remove your air spring, You will see that it sits over a plastic nipple that has a bolt through the center pinning it to the axle. Remove this bolt. And be sure to get a longer one that is rougly 1 5/8" longer. They are metric and make sure you get grade 10.9

PVC pipe- you need to get some 2" pipe and 4" pipe. If you can just buy a foot that will be MORE than enough.

Flat black paint or undercoat in a spray can.

Now INSTALLATION:

Cut 1 5/8" sections from these pipes. The 2" inch pipe will go under the plastic nipple you removed from your axle. The 4" will go under the outer rim of the air spring that is perched directly on the axel

Ok now you need to stack washers on the axle neatly. Stack them to 1 5/8" high. Then slide your 2" pvc over the washers, set your factory plactic nipple on top and run your longer bolt down the center and tighten the bolt untill everything compresses nicley.

Then take your 4" PVC set it on the axel and install your air spring

Should look like this after you paint it.

The Ride height sensors.

Also you will need to use a die grinder to elongate the holes in the bracket that bolts the sensor to the frame. Essentially you want to be able to rotate the sensor body 1/4" towards the back of the truck. This does take some trial and error to get it right.

Then loosen the bolts that hold the the sensor arms to the rear controll arm and slide that bracket just to the front of the nubs on the bottom of the controll arm. I think there are 2 nubs and the bracket sits between them. You basically want to move that brack just in front of them.

fire the truck up and close the doors and see what it does. I think I ended up geting about 2 1/2" more height out of the back end.

Shoud look like this after your sensors are adjusted

Now what ever you do DO NOT USE your Height extension button unless its an emergency. It will continually run the compressor and the back end will max out. The air springs, shocks, sway bar etc....will max out. And it takes forever to come back down. I am talking like 20 minutes of idleing and not moveing to come back down. Or if you can get it up to 45mph it will come down right away. However on the trail it can be hard to hit 45mph. Also it will not flex at all and ride terrible. I learned this the hard way on the trail.

Last edited by HumminNBoatin' : 08-31-2009 at 02:19 AM.