H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road
Default Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

I saw on the news that Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police.

I was kind of surprised by that.

What is everyone's experience on this? Have you gotten pulled over more since owning a Hummer?

I just bought a 08 H2 & I love it...other than getting adjusted to parking the
H2 within the parking spaces.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

wow.... No clue, but my wife did get a speeding ticket driving my lifted Excursion... how? I have no idea... but the only time I got pulled over in the Hummer was when I was doing some sweet jumps on Rail-Road crossing flying it about 2-3 feet off the ground..haha, it was a sunny Saturday and I got bored.. he didn't gimmie a ticket tho, he was just like..."stop doing that"
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it true Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl57
I saw on the news that Hummers are the #1 vehicles to be ticketed by the police.

I was kind of surprised by that.

What is everyone's experience on this? Have you gotten pulled over more since owning a Hummer?

I just bought a 08 H2 & I love it...other than getting adjusted to parking the
H2 within the parking spaces.

Talking about parking, I have the logest drive in the neighborhood, however it is for one car width. Well this ass-hat next door neighbor always parks his car on the edge if not a little over in my drive. I have asked for him to move it, but he continues. SO, now I just run over the front bumper everytime I arrive and leave the house. He has these huge black marks across his bumper....and I almost dare him to say something.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about parking...........Everytime I go somewhere, I park it in two places. I park at a angle so no one can park next to me. When eating at a place, I normally request a window seat to where I can keep a watch on it. both of my Hummers have a lot of chrome and accessories on it so I tend to be a little picky on where I park, and how I park.

I have never had any problems except for one lady who parked next to me at Cracker Barrel, she left me a note saying I am no better than her or anyone else, and I need to learn how to park in one spot.

I wrote her a note back and put it on her car and wrote I park in two places to prevent my doors from getting scratched or beat up. Its not all about being better than anyone, cause I am down to earth and I am not better than anyone else. Its just a Hummer is a bit wider than your normal car, and when you put it in a parking place, its VERY HARD trying to get in and out without beating up your doors. I am not saying people do this on purpose cause accidents do happen. And for me, I never go up to the front of a parking lot and take up to spaces, I go out toward the middle, or end to where it dont inconvience anyone else.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno about you guys but I have been lucky. no tickets in the last 23-24 years. I got pulled over for a headlight out on my Maverick.

by the way as for parking...

I have a handicap plate for my bad knee.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Try parking over here in Belgium, where all the cars are ALOT smaller than my hummer Wherever I park, it sticks out in every way possible...

Frenzy
Belgium

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

Me to frenzy1 here in Germany easy to find the Hummer in a parking lot thats for sure and with the spare on the back sticks out big time.

as for tickets zero todate in the Hummer now I get asked now and then about my tires and rims at cars shows often by Polize 22" on a Hummer stand out.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Hummer Professional

Lucky1 is off the scale

I would definitely say that they target hummers. I have had soo many tickets in my truck and I,m always traveling in a pack of cars but somehow they always pull me over. I think it's the most noticable vehicle on the road when the cops radar goes off. I,m soo tired of paying speeding tickets.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Hummer Professional

H2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

The H2 and H3 are #4

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ts.aspx?page=1