Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > HUMMER Dealers

Old 11-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cant say enough about Sewell in Dallas

I took my H3 in today for the first time 15k miles after I bought it. It never needed anything so I never needed to take it.

I was feeling lazy and needed an oil change and tire rotation and decided just to pay someone. In addition, i had one of the first H3s out so I had that infamous belt squeak when humidity was high and cold. So I took it in to Sewell for a lil tlc.

While giving it to Andy and detailing my list of todos he mentioned some other GM things that needed to be fixed - even though they werent a problem on mine they fixed them during my oil change and rotation which was nice.

And to my surprise - they gave me another new H3 as a loaner for the day. I dont know what other dealers typically do but i was surprised. I have had 3 new C5 vettes in the past and even a Z06 and not once was i ever offered a free loaner from those 3 dealerships when my vettes were in for service. I always had to ask and the best I ever got was a rental voucher that wouldnt even cover the cost of a Geo Metro. So I always had to upgrade to a better rental and have out of pocket expense. The same was true for my girlfriends Tahoe. They never "gave" her a loaner, only a rental voucher.

So, I know Sewell isnt a huge "discounter" and I know they dont want to be known as one. They strive on service as they told me when I bought my H3 and I can now say since I had never needed to try out "thier service", I can say now that they will take care of you and they make you feel like you made the right descision buying from them even after 1.5 yrs later. I was treated like I was there about to order 5 new ones.

So, if you are in TX and or around the Dallas area. Give them a chance, they have earned mine again already when the V8 comes out.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

Storm Chaser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cant say enough about Sewell in Dallas

I am impressed with their other office in San Antonio (Ken Batchelor Cadillac-HUMMER) and they also mentioned the H3 loner program, free courtesy car washes for the life of the vehicle and a bunch of other benefits as well. They do thrive on service. The sales team was very personable during my purchase and the corporate office in Dallas called and interviewed me on my experience with them afterwards. They seem to have a way to make you feel part of the family. If Sewell is anything like Ken Batchelor, I know you had a great experience.

Last edited by Storm Chaser : 11-28-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

The day I bought my H3, Mark in sales sent me off in a brand new white H3 while they detailed mine.

When I went back for service at a later date, there was a wait, so Byron sent me off in a blue H3.

Never once have I been asked to drive off with anything less than what I drove in with.

BTW - I'm attending the Sewell Holiday function at Sewell Dallas 9:30-11:30 Dec 9th... Hope to see some of you peeps there! (I'll have RIVETHEAD's new album in my truck (about 30 of them))
Old 11-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

funkzilla is on a distinguished road

I am planning on bringing the young'n to the holiday gathering. Who is Rivethead?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkzilla
I am planning on bringing the young'n to the holiday gathering. Who is Rivethead?

That's my band. If you listen to 102.1 in the mornings, you've heard us. If you've been to a Stars game in the past 5 years you've heard us...

www.RIVETHEADonline.com
www.myspace.com/RIVETHEAD
www.cdbaby.com/RIVETHEAD4
Itunes link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=61546603&forceArtistPage=1
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road

I'll give Sewell HUMMER two thumbs up as well. My salesperson--Justin Thompson--was and continues to be a big help.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

funkzilla is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRH
That's my band. If you listen to 102.1 in the mornings, you've heard us. If you've been to a Stars game in the past 5 years you've heard us...

Cool...just checked out your stuff..pretty cool. Is that a warlock your sling'n there?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkzilla
Cool...just checked out your stuff..pretty cool. Is that a warlock your sling'n there?

Thanks man. It is indeed a Warlock. I had an endorsement from B.C.Rich for about 3.5 years.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3ster is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Cant say enough about Sewell in Dallas

Sewell knows how to treat their customers, from the free washes, Top notch service and loaner cars.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish Wright of Wexford PA would call ad take some pointers

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 11-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Hummer Novice

Texasbeachbum is on a distinguished road

Ron Carter Hummer in Houston is the same way. I took my H3 in for front end alignment 3 days after I bought it, they put me in a new Escalade. I think that is what its called. Its the Caddy SUV. Treated me like I was a movie star.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ken06H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

The folks at Frank Kent Hummer in Ft Worth have been great. Over a year of ownership. I highly recommend their sales and service.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Horror stories are a dime a dozen about dealerships and its really nice to hear from others that bought from Sewell, as well as other Hummer dealers are stepping up to go the extra mile for us.

If you think about it our trucks are special but by all means not "that expensive" and it is warming to hear that overall the brand is being taken care of because after the papers are signed the honeymoon is over as far as most dealers are concerned and unfortunatley some dealerships remind you of this as soon as you need them to support your car/suv/truck whatever.

No where in my papers does it state that Sewell must take such good care of me and my H3 as this is totally done by choice. Its nice to have picked a winner to deal with as I have had some real loosers in the past.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:48 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

I am treated well, very well at Wright. What is I do not like is the fact they take for ever to correctly diagnosis problems and fix them. They have great services, hummer pick up, GMC Envoy to drive, drop off, follow up calls. Just should not take two trips to replace the recalled jack. Forgetting to reset the oil change button, not rotating the spare in on a tire rotation.... ordering all left side roof rails (their story).... AND TAKING 8 MONTHs TO FIX MY ROOFRAILS, and the constant turn over in the service department

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 11-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3HUMMER is on a distinguished road

Wait till the send you off in a pink one.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbiker
I'll give Sewell HUMMER two thumbs up as well. My salesperson--Justin Thompson--was and continues to be a big help.
Sewell's Parts Department on the other hand maybe a different story. I had an installer break the panel that goes around the rear door's window. It (with clips) is $289.74 without shipping at Sewell, $217 at most other places without shipping, and $168.26 with shipping from gmpartsdirect.com. The $217 is the GM MSRP, so I am confused why Sewell would be charging so much more. Maybe they didn't get enough from me when they sold me the H3.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Elcova Rookie

Mike0295 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Chaser
I am impressed with their other office in San Antonio (Ken Batchelor Cadillac-HUMMER) and they also mentioned the H3 loner program, free courtesy car washes for the life of the vehicle and a bunch of other benefits as well. They do thrive on service. The sales team was very personable during my purchase and the corporate office in Dallas called and interviewed me on my experience with them afterwards. They seem to have a way to make you feel part of the family. If Sewell is anything like Ken Batchelor, I know you had a great experience.

I hate to bust other's threads so I will give KB cad-hum another go around first. The wife and I are looking for a '08 H2 and they are the only dealer around here. This will be our 3rd H2 in three years if they fix their problems that we have had with them in the past. the wife sure does want an 08. For some reason we don't get the invites to the Hummer outtings?

As far as getting a call from the corporate office, I guess they have to know I purchased a new Hummer from them in the first place.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Hummer Novice

NORM02 is on a distinguished road

I would have to agree that the service at Sewell is top notch. Those guys try really hard to make everyone happy...
Old 12-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Elcova Rookie

Mike0295 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0295
I hate to bust other's threads so I will give KB cad-hum another go around first. The wife and I are looking for a '08 H2 and they are the only dealer around here. This will be our 3rd H2 in three years if they fix their problems that we have had with them in the past. the wife sure does want an 08. For some reason we don't get the invites to the Hummer outtings?

As far as getting a call from the corporate office, I guess they have to know I purchased a new Hummer from them in the first place.

Originally Posted by Storm Chaser

they are still but they are the only Hummer dealer in town.
we are still waiting on a call from the corporate office to see how our 2nd H2 purchase went. but that will never happen because they listed our vehicle in their system as belonging to somebody else, nor will i get the map updates or invites to the HH events. the spare tire would pop open all the time so they replaced the latch twice with used latches which i have pictures of. they told my wife she got a used h2. I will not go into how many times i called and NEVER got a call back about they way i was treated. I buy new vehicles all the time but have never been treated this bad. funny thing is that we where just on their lot last night looking at a red XLR v that we can get at another dealer. the only thing i see them thriving on is my money, not service.

Last edited by Mike0295 : 12-16-2007 at 07:34 AM.