H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 06-18-2005, 09:12 PM

monkey is off the scale

Hi-
I ordered a basic package H3, which comes with standard 32' tires. I didn't order adventure package because I know I'm not gonna go offroad. BUT! I want 33' tires because they might look cool. Is 33' tires noticebly larger than 32'? or is it negligible? When my car arrives, can the dealer remove 33' tires from another H3 on the lot and install them on my H3 if I pay extra? Thank you~~
Old 06-18-2005, 09:12 PM

monkey is off the scale

Hi-
I ordered a basic package H3, which comes with standard 32' tires. I didn't order adventure package because I know I'm not gonna go offroad. BUT! I want 33' tires because they might look cool. Is 33' tires noticebly larger than 32'? or is it negligible? When my car arrives, can the dealer remove 33' tires from another H3 on the lot and install them on my H3 if I pay extra? Thank you~~
Old 06-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't pay the difference. Just get yourself a set of good aftermarket 33's, ie. BFG A/T's. Instead of the adequate tires that they come with. Then sell the OEM tires you've got for a couple of bucks.

IMO-

Ric-H2
Old 06-19-2005, 01:57 AM

H3mainer is off the scale

they can but like ric says buy em yourself the dealer will most likely rape you.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkey:
Hi-
I ordered a basic package H3, which comes with standard 32' tires. I didn't order adventure package because I know I'm not gonna go offroad. BUT! I want 33' tires because they might look cool. Is 33' tires noticebly larger than 32'? or is it negligible? When my car arrives, can the dealer remove 33' tires from another H3 on the lot and install them on my H3 if I pay extra? Thank you~~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monkey I just put 33inch BFG A/T on mine and they look awesome plus the tread is much more aggressive looking than the stock tire.I did sell my old tires for $300 bucks to my brother inlaw.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:31 PM

monkey is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
Monkey I just put 33inch BFG A/T on mine and they look awesome plus the tread is much more aggressive looking than the stock tire.I did sell my old tires for $300 bucks to my brother inlaw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First hummer, would you sell your new BFG A/T to me for $300? I'll give you my stock 32" tires. Deal?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
Monkey I just put 33inch BFG A/T on mine and they look awesome plus the tread is much more aggressive looking than the stock tire.I did sell my old tires for $300 bucks to my brother inlaw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First hummer, would you sell your new BFG A/T to me for $300? I'll give you my stock 32" tires. Deal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me think,ah no.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

Wow 33' (feet) tires.

My are only 33'' (inches).

A lot of the 32'' tires at the dealership I saw were not very aggressive tread pattern. Maybe made for a softer quieter ride.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
Wow 33' (feet) tires.

My are only 33'' (inches).

A lot of the 32'' tires at the dealership I saw were not very aggressive tread pattern. Maybe made for a softer quieter ride. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He has a GIANT lift!

The tires from the factory are a poor excuse for off-road tires. They really need to be changed out if you're going off road. Otherwise, the first mud hole is going to "stick" you.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:26 AM

boulderhummer is off the scale

does anyone know if the clearance from the tire to the fender is the same with the basic package and the adventure, meaning would the 33's on the basic package look good. Is the up graded suspension higher up??
thanks guys
dealer told me 5 weeks for my h3 loaded, chrome pack,,,,
Old 06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you would want the 4.56:1 axle gears (Adventure Packacke) with 33" tires!

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 06-27-2005, 05:54 PM

thanks dan,,,figured as much,, i may buy a more aggressive 32" tire for mine..the ones it comes with are definetely geared for mostly street driving..
Old 06-27-2005, 10:43 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

Hello guys and gals, can I replace factory 32's with a aggressive 33 with using the same rims, Thanks jk1165...
Old 06-28-2005, 02:29 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

YES
Old 07-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jk1165:
Hello guys and gals, can I replace factory 32's with a aggressive 33 with using the same rims, Thanks jk1165... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jk I did just that replaced 32 with 33 on stock rims.Just remmember you will not get the same ride with aggressive tread tire.I have BFG A/T and they are loud on highway.There is also a chance that the computer in the H3 might go off because of the difference.Mine hasnt so far and its been over 600 miles since I changed them.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:21 PM

ANY PICS OF 33'S ON THE BASIC PACKAGE,,,FIRST HUMMER OR JK1165 ANY PICS OF YOUR 33'S??
THANKS GUYS
STILL WAITING
Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
ANY PICS OF 33'S ON THE BASIC PACKAGE,,,FIRST HUMMER OR JK1165 ANY PICS OF YOUR 33'S??
THANKS GUYS
STILL WAITING </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go to general discussion on page about half way down you will see 33inch tires couldnt resist pictures there.