H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 PM

boulderhummer is off the scale

I've read some of you guys have put 33's {First hummer and JK1165} on your basic package H3's..really want to see some pictures,,i'm thinking about it , but I don't want the truck to not look right with not enough clearance between the rubber and fender.
thanks guys for any info
bret from PA
waiting on boulder with lux, chrome pack and wheels
I'm so excited, I stopped an identical H3 the other day at work (i'm police officer suburb of philly) I wanted to look at the truck up close because my local dealer did not have a boulder with lux pack,,,the driver was really flatered,,it was great,,
Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 PM

I've read some of you guys have put 33's {First hummer and JK1165} on your basic package H3's..really want to see some pictures,,i'm thinking about it , but I don't want the truck to not look right with not enough clearance between the rubber and fender.
thanks guys for any info
bret from PA
I'm so excited, I stopped an identical H3 the other day at work (i'm police officer suburb of philly) I wanted to look at the truck up close because my local dealer did not have a boulder with lux pack,,,the driver was really flatered,,it was great,,
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
thanks guys for any info
bret from PA
I'm so excited, I stopped an identical H3 the other day at work (i'm police officer suburb of philly) I wanted to look at the truck up close because my local dealer did not have a boulder with lux pack,,,the driver was really flatered,,it was great,, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did install 33inch ,but I also had them removed and went back to 32.The dealer told me that its not a good idea to replace 32 with 33 because the computer in the H3 is reading for 32 not 33.Plus I didnt like the road noise of the BFG A/T.There is a picture of my H3 with the 33 inch tires,under general it was called 33inch tires couldnt resist.Page 3 about half way down.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:36 AM

thanks alot for the info,,your truck looked good with the 33's but i can understand why you wanted the 32's back on..i too want the truck's computer to work right..not so concerned about the noise..
thanks again
Old 07-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
thanks alot for the info,,your truck looked good with the 33's but i can understand why you wanted the 32's back on..i too want the truck's computer to work right..not so concerned about the noise..
thanks again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am looking into Michelin LTX M/S 33inch.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

You All will still wish you had 4.56:1 axle gears with the 33" tires especially with the 5cyl engine!

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 PM

could you explain why dan?? forgive me, but i am not very knowledgeable about motors, transfer cases...ect..
thanks man
bret
Old 07-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Hummer Expert

could you explain why dan?? forgive me, but i am not very knowledgeable about motors, transfer cases...ect..
thanks man
bret </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spoke to my mechanic and he told me that I shouldnt have any problems with the 33 inch tires.If I was to go bigger than 33 ,then he told me I might have issues.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Boulder Hummer..... with lareger tires say 33" you would want the 4.56:1 axle ratio to keep performance, acceleration and mileage similar to stock. That is why the adventure package has 4.56 gears inaddition to providing more low end grunt when off road

as I had posted earlier...under Off road Suspension Tire and rims
Posted 06-16-05 08:22 AM
2.64:1 is the gear ratio of the transfer case reduction. This means that for every 2.64 turns of the input shaft of the t-case the output shaft turns only once.. That is why when in low range the engine is revving up and you are moving very slowly.

The Adventure package includes a 4.03:1 low-range transfer case.

As in axle gears too, the higher the number like 4.56:1 (numerically) means a lower gear ratio.

Lower gears are for power and torque and higher gears for top speed and or gas mileage

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 07-06-2005, 04:09 PM

thanks again dan for the info..i understand now. thing is 99% of my driving will not be offroad. i'm still regretting it a bit reading other posts about the adventure pack and i didn't even get my h3 yet...i know im gonna luv the truck though,,
thanks again
Old 07-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Boulder , I just wanted you to know that they just put Michelin LTX M/S 33 inch tires on my H3.I am more of an highway driver than off roader so I think these tires will suit me well.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2005, 09:23 PM

LOOK GREAT MAN!! DO YOU THINK YOUR TRUCK SITS HIGH ENOUGH BEING IT DOESN'T HAVE THE SUS PACKAGE..IT LOOKS LIKE THE TIRES GO WELL LOOKING AT YOUR PICTURE. I MAY JUST ORDER ME A SET OF NITTO 285'S 33 IN...
Old 07-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Hummer Expert

LOOK GREAT MAN!! DO YOU THINK YOUR TRUCK SITS HIGH ENOUGH BEING IT DOESN'T HAVE THE SUS PACKAGE..IT LOOKS LIKE THE TIRES GO WELL LOOKING AT YOUR PICTURE. I MAY JUST ORDER ME A SET OF NITTO 285'S 33 IN... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it sits just fine the way it is.Like I said I do alot of highway driving with mine and this set up works for me.Besides I dont think there is a big diff in ground clearance between the the adv sus and base sus.