H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-12-2005, 04:16 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Im killin ya i know...

if i run 1 side of the 2 channel amp to the rears can i use the other side of the amp(2channels) to run the frint doors and tweets? if yes will I have to put a capacitor in to lessen the power to the tweets to keep from blowing them?

plus it seems like the factory speakers can handle a good ammount of power do you think I can run them for a while then upgrade? or do you think the addition of the amp will blow them or make them see to much power, also will the fact that they run at 2ohms and the amp will probably be a 4ohm will it even work to keep the factory speakers?

I would like to keep them for a while then swap them out later if I can..

thanks

I just ordered the black basslink 204.97 to my door... : > )
Old 11-12-2005, 04:19 AM

I guess I will also need to find out from someone which wires are what on the back of the head as far as which ones to cut to tie in the LOC4.4 R&L front and rear speaker leads...does anyone know which they are on the 6 disc monsoon head?

also what happens to the power the factory head puts out through those leads? will it hurt the LOC4.4? what happens to that power?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Yes, you will need to slpice. But that is not really a big deal if you do it correctly. Get the black basslink as it will show very little in the way of wear or dirt. With a 4 channel amp, you will use 2 for the front which will run to passive crossovers that come with the mid/tweet sets (no need to worry about caps), and the other 2 channels to the rear 2-way speakers (no need to spend too much $$ on components for the rear). The oem speakers will actually do better with more power than with the oem head as you are hitting them with a good deal of distortion as the oem head is failing to achieve the desired sound level without cranking it up all the way.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 AM

Ok sounds great I found the Loc4.4 for 56 bucks.

I still need to know what size the speakers are in the H3??

I get ya on the front set, I can run new speak wires to the passive crossovers from the tweets and I might run new ones from the front doors as the stock speaker wires look real weak as far as the guage of wiring used..

I might go infinity reference on the front spearates and in the rear doors and I might get a good infinity 4 channel amp to keep the system all Infinity..

what 4 channel amp wpoulf you suggest as far as the infinitys go and what power output?

so to sum it up I ned the dimenbsions of the sprahers in the H3 tweets front doors and rear doors....

plus I need a suggestion for the Infinity amp as far as a model and the power you would suggest...also it would need a pass through..I see the basslink has a crossover built in which is adjustable...yeah I got the black it will blend in with the H3 better and like you say keep the dirt/dust to a minimum.

I was thinking of how nice it would be to mount it behind the drivers rear panel similar to where the monsoon amp/sub is located ( i didnt get the monsoon system), I know bass is undirectional, if it would fit back there do you think it would sound ok there? I know on the monsoon equipped H3's the rear drivers panel has a grille in it that the monsoon sub fires through? what are your thoughts on this? It would free up the back and actuall probably sound bettter than the monsoon with the integration fo the basslink and a real nice 4 channel amp and the speakers upgraded...

I am getting stoked on the upgrade, once I get all the parts I will knock out the install.

DO you know if there is a remote turn on in the factory molex plug (non-monsoon)???

If not what do I need to do to turn the amp and basslink on?

remember I have the monsoon head but have the in car wiring for the bass stereo system. I have studied the wiring diagrams for both systems and it appears the monsoon equipped systems have low level outs/and raditionalk speaker leads to the rear amp(in the factory wiring) The base (non-monsooon system does not) it has only the traditional speaker wires off the molex..

Thanks Man, let me know on the speaker sizes and Infinity amp and speaker choice, perhaps the reference speakers would be nice?

Thanka again for all the help
UNOMYFLO