H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

I tried to replace the H3 wimpy horn yesterday.Once you remove bolt that holds it in place,then you have to remove bottom plastic grill to get it out.I hooked up new horn,was louder but had that Toyota twang.I decided to put old horn back in ,but now it doesnt work at all.Any IDEAS.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Hummer Expert

I tried to replace the H3 wimpy horn yesterday.Once you remove bolt that holds it in place,then you have to remove bottom plastic grill to get it out.I hooked up new horn,was louder but had that Toyota twang.I decided to put old horn back in ,but now it doesnt work at all.Any IDEAS.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
I tried to replace the H3 wimpy horn yesterday.Once you remove bolt that holds it in place,then you have to remove bottom plastic grill to get it out.I hooked up new horn,was louder but had that Toyota twang.I decided to put old horn back in ,but now it doesnt work at all.Any IDEAS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the screw/bolt giving a good ground for the horn? Maybe the twanging horn blew the fuse, and now the wimpy horn won't work.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Air Horn.

Go see Dan. He'll point you in the right direction.

Oh yeah, check the fuse too.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 10-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
I tried to replace the H3 wimpy horn yesterday.Once you remove bolt that holds it in place,then you have to remove bottom plastic grill to get it out.I hooked up new horn,was louder but had that Toyota twang.I decided to put old horn back in ,but now it doesnt work at all.Any IDEAS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the screw/bolt giving a good ground for the horn? Maybe the twanging horn blew the fuse, and now the wimpy horn won't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for info,gonna have dealer look at it Friday while getting my first Oil change at 4,000 miles.Oh by the way I am going to switch to Synthetic.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:21 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

What horn did you try?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
What horn did you try? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought a Wolo Horn and didnt like the sound.The Dealer replaced factory horn with a much better sounding one than it came with.Turns out I must have shorted out the original one oopsy.Glad I did not ashamed to push horn button now.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

I bought a Wolo Horn and didnt like the sound.The Dealer replaced factory horn with a much better sounding one than it came with.Turns out I must have shorted out the original one oopsy.Glad I did not ashamed to push horn button now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100%. It needs a diff. horn.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you remove lower grill ?.

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,600+ miles
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
How do you remove lower grill ?.

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,600+ miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are some clips you need to push in on those clips.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:14 AM

gchurchill is off the scale

i have a model A original ooga horn I am throwing in mine. adding a second button for it though. people love that that horn, I used to have it in my lifted tahoe.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Firsthummer thanks for the tip.

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,600+ miles
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Hummer Guru

Does anybodt know were you can get a horn button that fits in dash left of aux outlets ?. I ordered cheap 12 volt chrome airhorn from harbor freight (on sale in current catalog for $11.99)If sound is week i will put it on my tractor.I will have it in a few weeks i beleve its 135 dec.Im going to try mounting it with L bracket off original horn mounting bolt and keep original horn working.
H3 gray adventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,600+ miles
Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Radio shack?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:12 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

I bought a Wolo Horn and didnt like the sound.The Dealer replaced factory horn with a much better sounding one than it came with.Turns out I must have shorted out the original one oopsy.Glad I did not ashamed to push horn button now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the name/make of the new horn that the dealer installed for you? I've been searching for a deeper sounding and louder horn that will still fit under the H3 hood or behind the grille.

Thanks

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 10-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4ophenia:

What's the name/make of the new horn that the dealer installed for you? I've been searching for a deeper sounding and louder horn that will still fit under the H3 hood or behind the grille.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they just used a H2 horn sound the same has H2.