H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Vandakeg is off the scale

To save time, I won't get into the details of my current situation, but I need help on a decision.

Basically it boils down to this. I ordered my H3 tonight, and b/c of the specifics of the deal I am getting, I won't take delivery of it until late January.. which WAS fine with me.

I put a lot of effort and research into the options I wanted, and this is what I chose:

Boulder Grey
Ebony Cloth Interior
Adventure Package
Roof Rack
Side Steps
Sunroof
Towing Package

However, I just learned that for about $2,000 more I can have a:

Boulder Grey
Tan w/ Black Piping Leather
Lux Package
Monsoon Stereo
Chrome Appearance Package
Chrome Rims
Chrome Roof Rack
Brush Bar
Chrome Side Steps

The catch is, I could have the lux package H3 by the end of October, and not have to wait until January.

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is: Is it worth it to wait 4 months for the Adventure Package. I have never been off roading, but I was kinda hopin to try w/ my new H3.

I'm torn.. I've been setting myself up to wait 4 months for the H3 I put together, but now that I find out I can get one A LOT sooner... I just don't know what to do!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

To save time, I won't get into the details of my current situation, but I need help on a decision.

Basically it boils down to this. I ordered my H3 tonight, and b/c of the specifics of the deal I am getting, I won't take delivery of it until late January.. which WAS fine with me.

I put a lot of effort and research into the options I wanted, and this is what I chose:

Boulder Grey
Ebony Cloth Interior
Adventure Package
Roof Rack
Side Steps
Sunroof
Towing Package

However, I just learned that for about $2,000 more I can have a:

Boulder Grey
Tan w/ Black Piping Leather
Lux Package
Monsoon Stereo
Chrome Appearance Package
Chrome Rims
Chrome Roof Rack
Brush Bar
Chrome Side Steps

The catch is, I could have the lux package H3 by the end of October, and not have to wait until January.

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is: Is it worth it to wait 4 months for the Adventure Package. I have never been off roading, but I was kinda hopin to try w/ my new H3.

I'm torn.. I've been setting myself up to wait 4 months for the H3 I put together, but now that I find out I can get one A LOT sooner... I just don't know what to do!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:44 AM

Game Over is off the scale

personally I'd pay 2K more just to be able to drive one right away...but hey, that's just me
Old 09-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

I got the LUX package with the Off Road package. Get the LUX, you'll regret not doing it. Our first H2 was an Adventure and then we ended up with a yellow LUX down the road.

Also, the two tone tan interior is hot! Even the dash is two tone and IMO it looks a lot better.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 09-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Just my 2 cents, some from my experience and a lot from the other informed folks on this forum:

If you've never been into offroading, you probably won't miss the adventure package. I know the serious offroaders would insist on getting it, but the truck is very capable offroad without it. You can always upgrade to 33" tires and improve performance a bit.

Monsoon stereo is great, and power/heated seats with lux package are nice (and somewhat required for height-challenged drivers).

All of the chrome stuff isn't my thing, but there are some pictures of a boulder grey on the forum with about the same package, it looks very nice. Would stand out more than the base/adventure model (if standing out is important to you).

And, to agree with fliggah, paying a bit more to have it sooner was worth it to me, that's why I paid MSRP instead of waiting for my dealer to take GMID.

After 2 weeks and about 1300 miles, it is worth every penny.

Good luck!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:40 PM

tacocat is off the scale

Go for the lux if you aren't going to do serious off roading. If you are going to take it on any rocky trails, wait for the Adventure. The Adv. has better axle gearing and transfer case gearing.

Get the vehicle that you WANT. Four months is nothing compared to driving around saying I should have.... for a few years.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Wow, great points. I really appreciate all of your input. After thinking about it all day today, I think I'm with the majority, I'm gonna go w/ the lux package, and get the truck sooner.

Thanks to all for your input.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tacocat:
Go for the lux if you aren't going to do serious off roading. If you are going to take it on any rocky trails, wait for the Adventure. The Adv. has better axle gearing and transfer case gearing.

Get the vehicle that you WANT. Four months is nothing compared to driving around saying I should have.... for a few years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You won't have the rear locker either. But if you are not going to get into off roading, I would get the lux. Most dealers have a bunch on the lots now, so you should be able to get what you want without ordering by now.. at least that's how it is at my dealer now.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:46 PM

4churchill is off the scale

You should't have to order.....

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 09-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vandakeg:
Wow, great points. I really appreciate all of your input. After thinking about it all day today, I think I'm with the majority, I'm gonna go w/ the lux package, and get the truck sooner.

Thanks to all for your input. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get the LUX but also get it with the "off Raod" package (which is essentually the adventure package). This way you'll get the locking rear differential as well. Get it all and roll it into a small payment. Trust me, you'll end up getting it all afterward (or wish you would have).
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)