H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black 05 is off the scale

looks like this
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

ChuckE no problem. I do not get upset to much about some things. Some things I fire off like a Win 300 Mag. but, as I get older less and less. Usually only if friends are attacked and not myself. Thanks for Your Kindness and You also tower. Thing is if You make me a friend I'm a friend for life and can be trusted without exception until You break that trust. I Love to take time and drive or fly to see people who are My friends and maybe never layed eyes on them. I have several trips planned this year if the people i have in mind would want me to fly to see them and spend just a day or 2 not to wear out My welcome. I;m hoping to go to MOAB this fall with a grup that is going. i want to go and ride with someone so i can learn as by sprning I will have a offroader to take to MOAB. As many have learned here I'm a character and as a very good friend on this site said to Me when We first began to email each other "Well to be successful you have to have a presence and Rick you certainly have that." I Love Him like a brother and have never laid eyes on him because of all the private emails We have. If a person wants to become My friend, share in My Faith or tolerate it and ask for My email in a PM. I have never met a person i consider a stranger. Usually those who get to know me figure out I'm much smarter than I let on and I Love to learn whether it is from a 80 year old or a 15 year old. Learning is finding out about something You have not heard and not about Who it came from.
If a friend needs Me I will stop everything I'm doing and if within My power will come to help and not to stand around looking and wishing you the best or scratching My head saying wish there was something i could do. I will have already figured out if there is something or what i could do. Again thanks ChuckE and tower.

I spent alot of time today with what is considered the 2nd best Corvette guy in Arkansas and He had Me call the best. I left a message and His secretary told Me to keep calling as he moves around to the different Dealers looking after all the service dept.
BlownZ06 has made allot of head way and waiting on me to decide which way to go. I owe Him an email. I did find out today from a guy waiting to get His Vette out of service that he knows of a real nice HUD that will fit anything and He is going to email the name. He is into road racing and seemed quite knowledgeable.
But BlOWNZ06 has really jumped ahead in progress much faster than i thought could be done. He ahs raised My respect level for this guy and i recommend You get to now Him.
I did talk to the head Hummer tech and He is very respected and does all custom work and is working on My rig doing some one of stuff the dealer offered to do. There is an understanding that he works on My rig or I'll wait and schedule when he can. He as well as dealer understand the step I'm taking as well as the risk of putting on the SC but, it is needed for show, They agree. He says He is fairly sure that a scantool cable with the class 2 serial feed to projector should work with a switch in line so i can turn it off but, he is not sure because he has not ever done it or thought about it until I asked. He said he will give it more thought. The Vette tech thinks the same but, that it may have to tie into the PCM with a cable to the projector. If someone could help with finding the feed wires fomr diagnostic port or PCM it wuld be greatly appreciated. This info could speed it up more. i want to read all i can not just tach, speed but, water temp, oil pressure, fuel, charging, well youget the idea. Projector is 2" deep and about 8" square so he said it could be cut into dash. I have a guy that builds custom dash and console all the time and he said he could build something above the dash that would look good and not get in the view. BLOWNZ06 thinks he can come up with something more seemless so that is the way i may go. We have projector lined up and cluster but, waiting on the Dealer Rep to call Me with info before We decide which way to go. Depending on what happens the cluster and projector may be for sell at a price you will be shocked as i have no ententions fo reseling it for a profit so, again speak up with a PM if You want to be considered for that very good deal. First come first severe on the equip. I did talk to a Vette guy who has a complete HUD retofit write up for Vette's 97 to 98 and another for 99 and up. I have seen them and in great detail with pics and He does not sell the equip. You would have to find that Yourself and BLOWNZ06 has found a place that He saved Me $250 and it is from a local guy he knows so, he could be Your source to get cluster and projector. The guy in Tampa furnishes the conversion info for free and i have the web address where it can be found free. What he did do is build a cable that GM does not sell to make it work and gets $45 for it or I think he has in there how to build it. I saw the cable and it looks to be more trouble than worth it so, if i were You i'd buy the cable. It seems he is just a Vette guy helping Vette guys and not interested in making money, He has other business. He may have stuff to sell but, did not mentioned to me when i asked if He had just a projector to sell. It is worth that just for the install direction. You would be amazed the detail of install. Looks like something Jonahs would do and We all know how indepth He gets. If anyone wants it I will go back and find the contact and get it to You for Your Vette. Well as usually I got off track but, i felt this important for the Vette owners who would like to retofit their rides .
He said that the projector can display straight onto any window with no gimicks. it is a very little bit lighter in daylight nothing to worry about but, at night normal. He said there are some products You can use for day help but, He feels it is not needed. He is in Tampa FL.
Well let Me know if You want info before i go back and dig it up but, would be more than happy to do it.
GMAIL is riclove@gmail.com let Me know if You want it or have questions I'll try and answer.
Thanks everyine for putting up with My novels and tolerating Me. i Love this forum and tell everyone i come across about it. If someone does not have an answer the wll dig untill they find and answer.
Thanks to all who contribute info regulaly!!!!!
TAZ (Rick)
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 05-04-2005, 03:51 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black 05:
looks like this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, I know what the image looks like, what I am asking about is, that if the image is a reflection off the window, then the display unit must be at an equal angle of reflection from that point as your line of eyesight is.

With the windshield so vertical, it would seem to me that the display unit would almost have to be at nearly the top lip of the dash.

When I go out to my H2 later, I am going to place a small light on the top of the dash to see where the reflection is.

Good luck for anybody who tries this modification. My hat is off to anybody who gets this to work.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Actually Chuck, while that is sound thinking, it is not entirely accurate. First, many HUD type displays use a mirror reflection. So the projector is actually pointing to the rear of the vehicle and is then reflected off of a mirror onto the windscreen.

As in an A/V situation, keystone correction is all that would have to be accomplished and the HUD unit itself might have keystone correction built in. By adjusting the projector and the mirror (think of the mirror of like a curved trapezoid) one might be able to easily adjust it to fit into the H2.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You have to think more along the lines of a movie screen than your reflection in a mirror.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Hummer Authority

PARAGON You are correct as usuall. I have visited with a guy in Tampa that has conversions for Vettes as old as 1997.
He said You do not have to have window laminate it shows up fine just a little lighter but, great at night. he said there is a laminate you can put on if You want.
As You mentined the projector has adjustment to change how far up or down the windshiled it displays. You would just adjust it down to get it to hit H2 window and show up better. Not sure how muc`h adjustmentbut, if needed the laminate goes on and is not seen he said.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 05-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so it can be done. correct? So when and who is doing this first?
Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Tim
It has not been determied for sure that it will work. BLOWNZ06, Myself, and a couple of other guys are trying to figure it out.
I first thought it would take the Vette cluster hooked to projector to translate the feed for the projector.
What I'm justing scratching the surface on is after talking to a few Chevy Vette techs there is the possiblity that the HUD controls on the left of Vette cluster is a microprocessor that decodes feed for projector. so right now I'm running down that lead to see if it correct. There seems to be an agreement between Hummer tech and Vette tech that the previuosly mentioned HUD controller translating deal may be the only way to do it.
BLOWNZ06 has located a full cluster and projector with the HUD controls. Before We start tearing into that I'm trying to confirm that we do not need the cluster. If We do not need cluster We will have to get with Hummer tech after We find out where the feed to processor has to come from and it is possible that it has to come from several areas at once. Waiting on email replies from 2 guys. I plan on having it on if it can be done.
We will keep updates posted as We progress but, right now nothing to really report.
Anyone who would like talk to a Vette tech and find out where the feeds come from for the Vette then We may be bale to find those feeds in H2 but, could just come from a different VCM/ECM/PCM source etc.
TAZ
Old 05-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black 05:
looks like this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that looks great! Taz, thanks for all your diligence on this. If this comes off, you will be quite the hero! If not, your efforts are really appreciated.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Hummer Authority

tower
Besides BLOWNZ06 helping I have 2 other people trying to help Me run this down and 2 Vette tech's and 1 Hummer tech. If it is possible will find out. It is getting narrowed down though.
We are getting fairly sure it will work but, trying to find the easiest and most cost effective way to do it. It does appear We can tap into H2 and get info but, could have to go to sevral spaots instead of like vette it coming to a one point location to tie into. BLOWNZ06 is trying to look into also finding a way to make a seamless install without cutting holes in dash. I have a buddy that works in carbon fiber and glass making audio and video boxes and consoles that is looking into how to mount the system once We figure what parts of the Vette We actually need. Trying to go from needing the whole cluster and projector to just projector which is roughly 8" square and 2" deep and the HUD controls on the left of dash. We have been studying the schematics and there is a processor that takes the class 2 serial feed and translates it for the projector. That brain seems to be behind and part of the HUD controls. Just trying to minaturize it as much as possible. Hoping to actually get it to a point that i can tell everyone what they need and give you material and deminsions of console once made or have buddy make consaole and let everyone just buy one from Him. he is a great young Christian family man and would not do it to make much money just to cover cost and some time.
I'm sort of like an old logger head turtle, been told I resemble one also' just do not give up or I should say let go easily.
if it is possible it will get done. I was hoping to have it by next weekend for a 2000 to 3000 car show I'm in but, have so much to install waiting on stuff from sponsor's do not know if I will make it in time for show.
Working all weekend and every night next week.
Spending this weekend chroming engine compartment out and building Jonahs SC info center. Should have SC on no later than next Wensday.
Let everyone know as soon as i can. if anyone can come up with info let me know.
I need help running doen a projector and HUD controls with the brain in it. the projector does hook to cluster but, it looks like it is a pass through connection and does not draw any info from cluster. It is like You have 2 seperatecluster units just mounted in the same space. I have been using the 2004 GM techlins software to study shcematics but, they are not the easiest thing to look at and read without a unit in Yours hands to refer to as you study them. Any help appreciated. I have also been told there is a very good aftermarket unit but, waiting on info for that. I have seen it and really does not look good to
Me and I think will cost way more than if We all can go out and find Vette parts to do this and still have GM stuff in rigs.
TAZ
Old 05-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black 05 is off the scale

Keep up the good work. If I could help I would. If this is possible to do, I am sure you will figured it out. I am very interested in installing this in my H2
Old 05-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Hummer Authority

What will be allot of help is for anyone who is interested start asking questions of Hummer Tech's, Vette tech's and try to help find a HUD projector and HUD control panel that may not end up in anybodys rig but, We need something to experiment on and like to get something fairly priced so if We mess it up We can get another and not repeat the same mistake. My contact says it should not be hard as long as We do not want to add all the message center and warning lights. He said to keep factory cluster running and the HUD will be completely functional on it's own. Ask anybody in the automotive businsess what they know or can find out etc. Right now We have got to have HUD controller and projector to bench test on. The controller is a set of swithces on the left side of cluster built into vette dash. As I mentioned it has the prossesor that translates so projector can perform the ask. BLOWNZ06 has volunteered to do the bench testing.
We have just got to get Him some info for a jumping off point.
I think this is something that offroaders could use as well as us show blinged out Mall Queens.

Please PM Me or send info to riclove@gmail.com.
Thanks
TAZ

Keep up the good work. If I could help I would. If this is possible to do, I am sure you will figured it out. I am very interested in installing this in my H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Banned

Taz,

You rock! Good luck on everything with the show. I am swamped with work next week and then off to Oceano Dunes (OHRVA) for some low key wheeling. Then my baby is going in for some beauty work. Some 5150 homeless guy decided to take a running start with his shopping cart and shove it into my passenger door while the truck was parked. It's just as well that I didn't catch him. If I had, I'd probably be posting from jail.

So it will be a while before can get a face to face with any techs, but when I do, I'll pursue this.

Taz, I have caught through bits of posts on this site that you had some health issues. I hope you are doing well. You are too nice a guy to have bad fortune.

All my best!
Old 05-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Hummer Authority

tower
spent last 3 1/2 years with a GI bleed that no one could find it. Nearly died several times but, would get to hospital in time to get transfusions. Would lose as much as5 to 7 points in 24 hours. Have had Hemaglobin as low as 6.5 many times. Usually give blood when most folks go below 11 but, I was below so much they set My threshold at 9. many times I would get to there and come back. then some time I would blow right through it to 7. I'd get to the hospital and they would do there job and get Me stopped but, before the GI could come and run test. The Gi and hospital had a running fight for a few years. Finally Gi gave Me his personal cell # and told Me to call Him before anybody so He could be there. Well finally it could not be stopped anymore months 8 and 9 of 2003 I was not going to last amymore and Gi kept trying to find surgeon to operate and explore. None would do it because blood to low and worried I would die on them. finally he found a hot shot young surgeon and He walked up to Me and said Hey You will not sue Me if you die on the table will Ya. I told doc if that happened I do not think I'd be around for You to worry about being sued. He said that is what the Hell I thought why wouldn't any of these other painsies do it. I said I guess they were afraid im would die on them, looks bad on Your record You know. He said what record I'm barely out of school it will not make any difference to My record this early I do not have one. I told Him I like You are You going to do this. He responded I would not be up hear missing diner if i wasn't now would I. He laughed, I guess i tickled because i just kept firing back. Before He walked out to get ready He said alrigt let's stop all the butt slaps and go figure this out. I was fairly drugged up but, my girls said i kept laughing and repeating the let's stop the Butt slaps and get it figured out. I do not remember. It turned out to be a blood vessel malformation and had to remove about 8' small intestines and 80% of My stomach. I have a relapse every now and then like the one that kept Me from going to MOAB this spring. They really do not know if it is over or not. I go in every Wed. and have a blood panel done to see what blood level is. I have to get vitamins and iron through a titanium port i my upper left chest close to My heart every few months. The strange thing that has happened a few times last month is dizziness and blackouts. But,I can feel them coming and pull off the road. Neurologist thinks it is a neurapathy caused by constant oxygen deprivation to My brain. I learned that Your body will rob blood everywhere even Your head to pool at the organs to protect them. We knew it had already triggered restless leg syndrome but, i adapt to that to some degree. Sometimes it hurts real bad but, it is mini seizures in the legs and most of the time i feel like something is crawling on Me but it is just very fine tremors You can not see. The blackouts are another story. Well I'm glad You asked as I have had quite a few people lately ask me to explain sort of what had happend. So now I guess anyone can look it up in a search if they get wind of it and are curious.
Thanks for asking tower it allowed me to explain a little more to many.
TAZ
Old 05-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Banned

Wow! A normal hemoglobin is around 14.4 for a healthy male. We have had people die below 8.5. You really have had a run of tough luck. I'm glad they found the AVM and repaired it. 8 feet of small bowel is no small deal, but 80% of your stomach must keep you grazing constantly and battling to keep weight on. I'm glad you're still with us, brother.

Thank you for being so open about your history. I'm sure it will ultimately help others. If you are considering a Moab run with us, but don't want to risk a syncopal episode behind the wheel, you are welcome in my co-pilot seat anytime.

All my best to you and your family.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:38 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

Head Up Displays For Cars

By Lars Weinand

October 12, 2004 - 06:15 EST

Futuba Japan has announced a Heads-Up Display (HUD) for cars. It consists of a 128x64 LCD projector that displays such information as speed and itinerary (if hooked up to GPS) directly on the vehicle's windshield. The projector has a record luminance of 40,000 nits in order to guarantee legibility even in full sunlight.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Cool Jonahs have You been able to find anymore info or if it will be available here soon?

tower
I'm hear at The Lord's will and for only that reason. He has things He wants Me to do and people to talk to or help.

tower during the illness I kept a weight of around 185 to 195. I went into the surgery at 5'11" 195 lb. on 10/7/03. By 2/04 I was at 135 and Doc was telling Me I was anerexic (SP?) and if I did not put on 15 lbs. by end of the month He would have to hospitalize Me. He is a great guy and I told Him I had spent almost 3 years in hospitals starting with first trip 3/17/2001 at 6.3 hemoglobin. I was not going in for starving. He said well just great all that work and worry all these people have put into You will end up just being thrown away after all. So I felt about an inch high. But, He had learned over the years of seeing Me every week giving Me vitamins and iron along with getting alot of transfusions through a port, with My veins shot from all the IV's the first year. He did not use any beside manner with Me. He said I have treated You long enough that i know Your mental state and i will have You committed to the hospital. i know that most that came to Him when i started have long gone to better health or hopefully a better world. I did not know if that was true or not so i got bags of baby ruths and ate them constantly and got the 15 on with some extra lbs. of coins, HAHA.

I would go in the beginning 3 times a week and sometimes in the very beginning every day. It was surreal. I hate to say it but, I had it easier than all the cancer patients I would sit in the same room while they got chemo and I'm getting iron, vitamins as well as some other stuff. I felt bad like what am I doing here with these good people and most would come for a 6 months or year and go into remission. Then there were those I would see for 3 to 6 months and find out they had died. I watched a young mother from My Church come to Him because they knew i saw Him. She could not have children and they adopted a baby from China. She was such pretty baby but, while they were waiting just before going to pick Her up they found out that She was expecting, which was a miracle. The Doctors had told them that after 4 years and the test there was no way She could have children. Well they started seeing Doc Baltz right after Her Baby was born they found She had cancer. I would sit with Her as We asked the Doc could We come at the same time. I was good freinds with Her husband. One day She did not come and then another and another so I asked since it was between Church days where She was at. They told Me She had died. Everyone thought She was going to be Ok. But after a year since She had gone to Be with the Lord a lady started to Church and Her husband had died the same. She had 2 children and they started out just being friends considering what both had gone through they understood more than others. Then after another year They said Hey everyone We have decided to have a Brady Bunch Family. I did not know Her Husband was told a very good Man but, knowing My Church friend the way I did I know She was so happy to know He was not raising the Kids alone.

Once Doc Baltz did not come into my room for 2 hours which was odd because he was prompt for check ups but, would spend all the time You needed. He came in having been crying with a family that He told them there was no hope for helping the Mother. First time I had ever had to give a Doc a hug but, they are human too and I had been seeng Him so long I think He felt comfortable moving on to Me, the nurses said that he changed the order he was going in that morning. He did not treat children, He said He could not stand it. It was to hard with adults. He specialised in elderly and when I first met Him and found out I figured He would pass Me on to another Doc but, I found out later the GI had told Him that He had a feeling that this one was going to be a weird case and would He stay with it. They had been in school together, so Doc Baltz hung in there. He could not use kid gloves with Me, so I got things put to Me the way i deserved to have it said and that was pulling no punches.

Sometimes when i weigh before I go if it is lower than I want I add stuff to My pockets so it will look better. I try to eat but, I do not have any appetite now. Everyone always asks Me if i ate or when or what. I will find I forget to eat for 24 hours if I get busy doing things that occupy My mind. But, most everyone does not let Me forget. I can't eat much but I do try hard to remember and drink weight gain stuff. But, as You know it just does not stay anywhere long enough to be absorbed so a permanent malabsorbtion problem. I like to go fishing just off by myself and in that situation I will forget unless I'm in a area where the girls phone can ring Me. In the boonies out here we have lot's of areas that signal is in and out but, it is getting better all the time.

tower about a year before finding out what was wrong, everyone had been telling I had no color or white as a sheet. I knew I could not walk up stairs to balcony at Church without stopping for air. I'm hard headed as most here have found out and just kept going thinking it was age (43) I needed to work out more. I was playing softball 4 nights a week and every Saturday at tourneys which meant 3 different teams. Church, league, and a tourney only team, I think back and do not know how i did it but, really wondered how could i have thought I was going down hill because of lack of exercise. Hindsight is 20/20. I kept asking myself how can I get in better shape? Now I do not know how I played so much ball except I loved it and just will power. I found I was taking Myself out of games more but, again age i thought.
I went for a check up for degenerative vertebrae in neck and disks in Lumbar. Doc asked if I felt well and I said not really but, it would be Ok. He said He needed some blood work, which I thought strange He never asked before, I went down stairs had it drawn but, He had said to come back up. At the time He had a plan I did not understand it. He had Me set out in waiting room and some nurses from the hospital came over to the Med Towers which are connected with a wheel chair. I asked Him what was going on and He said My count was 6.3 and hermaticate was so low I do not even remember it. He said I could die any second You have to go to the hospital. I knew something was bad wrong because My tongue had begun to have splits in it for about 5 months and other things. I learned it was a sign of low or no B vitamins in my body. I was void of iron, anemic. The tongue was scurvy You know like sailors use to get with out vitamins from fruit and vegies. I was blessed and got right from the start a great GI that called in an Oncologist/Hematologist and both have been with Me from day one. GI wanted Hemotologist to give the iron and blood as I was in such a dangerous condition that He just did not feel comfortable ordering it. Dr. Baltz came in joked around which He has been the same from the first day I met Him. Teased me about springing a leak. Both greatest Doctors I have ever had, well throw the surgeon in there also.
But they watched Me like a hawk all those years seeing Me every week and talking in the hospital on rounds trying to figure out what was wrong. GI took My case to a world conference in Seattle fall 2002 I think and brought it up in every round table and finally they just discussed it in open meeting for topic of discussion. They intially thought I had vessels in My stomach that grew to close to the stomach wall and would come through bleed and when pressure went down would retract and that is why all the scoping could not find anything. tower You probably know what it is called. Then there was one other but, can't remember what it was. You pick a name of a test and I can tell You if I had. Meckels scans? I never heard of it much less know there was a test for that.
They had University of AR for Medical Sciences use a really tiny scope to see if they could get into the small intestines from the stomach which is not actually supposed to be possible I understand because of a valve unless You swallow the pill camera. They ruled that out as very low % of finding anything with it. Technology is just to hit and miss with it the way it tumbles and they were thinking if they were looking for something small it would most likely miss it.

When the Surgeon and the GI went in to explore the game plan was to make and incesion in top of small int. and push a scope down and if nothing then cut at the bottom and push up.
It did not happen that way as just before going in My Pastor came with Nurses to check on Me and He said I'm going to Pray Your welcome to stay or leave whatever You prefer. He simply Prayed Lord let there be no confusion and no guessing. Guide their eyes, hands, and most of all Their minds. He then asked God that what ever it is let it stand out like a neon sign. I was of course out but, the Docs came out to talk to the family about what happened in surgery and surgeon said they cut me open and My stomach was glowing like a neon sign it was so red and inflamed. I kid You not that is what He said according to the witness's and Pastor. The GI said they looked at each other and surgeon just started there and found the AVM and followed it down into small intestines and just removed until they felt they had enough or like GI said as far as they felt safe to remove. They had explained in advance they felt it was only a 50/50 chance of finding it and a 50/50 chance I could die because they had not been able to get blood numbers up for the surgery. I imagine You know how picky Docs are about all signs being good and Surgeon had tried to back out about 3 days earlier and to be honest in tears on the phone I begged Him not to because this time I was going to die anyway so what difference does it make if it is at home or at least where there is a chance to help Me. He left on a 2 day trip and told Me He would think about it and call Me Monday the morning of the surgery to tell Me if He would go ahead or not. Worse 2 days of My life I think but, I know it really wasn't i thought it was. I'm not ashamed I cried on that phone begging Him not to change His mind that I'm not worried about dieing but, I'm worried about leaving My Daughters with no parent left to look after them. I told Him as for Me it would be a joy to be done with all this and go to Heaven. I asked Him for My Girls, whom he had met when They would take Me for visits, please do not give up for Their sake. I got off the phone and called GI and told Him Surgeon was getting cold feet and He called which I guess they had words because Surgeon did not seem as friendly to Me after. GI said it was god complex that Surgeon is in charge at surgery and even He had to follow His lead. GI felt We had upset Surgeon by questioning what He felt like should be done. I explained to Surgeon that He has been invovled for 1 week I and My 2 other Docs and Family have been dealing with this for almost 3 years or more. They cannot give Me enough whole blood and shoot Me with enough vitamin K anymore to make Me coagulate. It just would not work anymore, all the little tricks they used before would not work. The day before the surgery I got 4 units to get Me to 12 which is where Surgeon said I needed to be before he could work. They could give only so much, You can get iron poisining from to much I think it was. They kind of danced around those rules some with Me for obvious reasons.

tower right now I'm 145 but, worked on H2 all day getting it ready for show and supercharger install on Tuesday or the next day. It is at painter now painting it Stealth Gray. We are chroming everything in the engine compartment We can get. I'll finish Jonahs's gauge design install Monday. Last week put on dual elecric fans and alot of other stuff. Inside chrome door plates and big chrome door pulls. New gauge face from Nu-Image stainless steel. painted needle hubs blue to match blue in cluster face. Gosh I would just have to go out and make a list while walking around.
I'm having fun though so that's what counts.

Thanks for your good will tower and the many others who have PM'd Me asking and checking on me. Since the blood level drop back in Feb. I have been perfect and Doc thinks it was Me not making blood instead of loss since He had begun to spread the iron and vitamin treatments out. He increased them again and everything seems good. The constant blood loss has caused a neuropathy or 2 due to oxygen shortage to my brain so often. It seems to be neuorological but, not known to what degree. RLS and beginnings of some dizziness and a few blackouts. Not sure what to make of that yet but, does not worry Me just an inconvenience. I can feel when the dizziness starts and learned that if doing something that could endanger someone just pull over or do not leave where I'm at in case it leads to a black out like it did on a few occasions. Learning to watch out. Hopefully it goes away. i do not let these minor problems or at least to me minor not slow Me down to much but, I have met others with RLS and it can be life altering. I for some reason have always had a high pain tolerance threshold. So I hope i can hold it back. It gets very painful sometimes but, the feeling like something is crawling on Your legs sort freaks Me out sometime but, knowing what it is I'm adjusting.

Again thanks tower and many others who have followed this weared illness.
TAZ
Old 05-08-2005, 01:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cool Jonahs have You been able to find anymore info or if it will be available here soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're still working on auto industry acceptance. No marketing date yet.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks Jonahs

TAZ
Old 05-09-2005, 03:28 AM

Here's a link to a complete HUD system. HUD

Defi-Link Head Up Display (HUD) - VSD Concept

This product is a full-scale Head Up Display (HUD).

Primary Functions

*Displays Speedometer (digital display) and

*Displays Tachometer (bar, digital display)

*Adjusts the brightness automatically

*Special display (displays engine speed at the time of idling)

*High visibility display by adopting V.S.D. technology (super high bright VFD)

*The brightness is adjusted automatically. (Sensor is included in the product.)

*Two super high brightness LED indicators are included for configurable warning indicators.

*The structure of the installation allows angled adjustment.

*Optionally displays a range of other data – Oil pressure, Water temp etc (See at bottom for more information)

About the Dim Sensor

Self dimmer control system (Dim sensor is attached).

The brightness of the display is adjusted automatically. The brightness decreases when driving through a tunnel or at night.

About the LED Indicators

Green and red LEDs with super high brightness are provided as indicators. LEDs light according to the value set up for WARNING variables. The WARNING values can be set.

Optional Functions when combined with Defi-link Control Unit II (Sold Separately)

Defi-Link Display VSD CONCEPT and sensors need to be connected to Defi-link Control Unit II to obtain the following functionality.

*Oil pressure(bar, digital display)

*Oil temperature(digital display)

*Water temperature(digital display)

*Fuel pressure(bar, digital display)

*Exhaust temperature(digital display)

*Warning function(LED, digital display)

*Replay function

*Record function

*Indicates warning for not only the displayed information but also the information which is not displayed.

*Warm-up display(for water temperature or oil temperature)

*A terminal to read out the water or oil temperature

*A terminal to connect Defi-Link Meter
Attached Images