H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I have heard defi works good bt, I just do not like the look of box etc. It just would not work for shows. thus began My interest in building one to integrate inot H2 dash.
So will see how it turns out.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
I have heard defi works good bt, I just do not like the look of box etc. It just would not work for shows. thus began My interest in building one to integrate inot H2 dash.
So will see how it turns out.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. I tried to hide the Defi projector, but it was difficult. I'll be keeping an eye on this project.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

Black 05 is off the scale

Hi guys, how is the project going?????
Old 07-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Very very close. Have view in projector BLOWNZ06 said but missing some info and a few other minor problems We hope. I'm expecting a new update soon. He has had to order plugs to add for install and some have not worked well and he has had to try different one. He is very persistent. His business trips is the only thing that slows Him down or I think He would work on it 24 hours a day.
We are at a point to where We may need to tap into some OBD2 wires coming into the port plug and BlOWN had not planned on a unit for His rig just yet so is hesitant to star cutting into His wiring. I do not blame Him so when He gets far enough to where that needs to be done I have asked Him to just send everything to Me with His directions of what He wants to try and let Me cut into My wiring. So that is sort of where We are at right now. Waiting on Him to get to that point and deciding if He is or not going to tap wires. I'm encouraging Him not to do it and just let Me do that. He could wan to trade His and I'm not going to so i do not want that issue to even have to come up for Him if he were to trade.
so waiting for Him to let me know which way to go next.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 09-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

How is it going??? It has been a while since you upgated.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Hummer Authority

We are still progressing. I have the base unit in My hands. I need to hook up to H2 and run some tests for BLOWNZ06 and then send it back so He can decided how to make the unit fit in the H2 dash in a seemless type install.

The H2 is apart and cannot test yet. Just got the complete exhaust back from Jet Coat getting them sterling coated to go with all the chrome and paint underside. We still have allot of the engine bay apart working on chroming but, it is not going well. I'm hoping I do not have to give up on that part. We are doing some unigue things in the engine bay area that I do not think any of the show H2's I have seen have tried or thought of. Not going to give up just yet though. But wearing on My nerves some.

All the electrical is apart with headliner down to mount amps on ceiling and 12" flipdown in the rear for the 3rd row passengers to watch. It will folded down at shows to run sponsor loops on also. Will have 12" touch screen in dash and headrest screens for middle row riders. It is going to be a few more weeks for Us to get all this back together before I can hook up HUD. We are trying to find the most simple way possible to enclose and connect wiring so that it can be done by someone with even just a little ability in the area to install themselves. If not then it can be taken to a sound shop and have them install.
Hoping to come up with a kit so that the rear wheel well cover areas can be removed and new enclosures with subs already mounted along with overhead amps with or without flipdown screen can be installed almost just as a swap out, with running some wires.

Sorry but, it is taking allot longer than We could even have imagined on the HUD. Just having so many projects going on at once It is most likely the last thing We finish. It is working in preleminary tests. I just did not want to slap something half done on My rig and definetly not on someone else's rig. I have to have a great look with install for the shows so hoping in another 30 to 60 days it will be done. I hope.

TAZ
Old 09-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the update. are you going to be at the SEMA show in Vegas in Nov.????
Old 09-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWNZO6 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black 05:
Thanks for the update. are you going to be at the SEMA show in Vegas in Nov.???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Rick is going to be there.. I will be around as well. Going out on Nov 1 and staying until the 5th. Will be nice to meet him finally.

We are working on a few things together, I hope we can get to some sort of solution by the time SEMA is around. A few hurdles to get over as far as packaging goes, but the unit does work. I had a working Corvette cluster sitting on my front seat in my H2. I sent Rick the prototype harness and cluster for a few more connections that need to be tapped into.

Should be neat when it is done.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

How is it going??? Going to have it at the SEMA show?? I am going to be there and would love to see it.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:07 AM
Hummer Authority

No it will not be I do not think. It is all My fault and not Blown. When He finished what He needed it came to Me righ at that time that My rig was stripped inside out from end to end gettiong paint electrical dash out for 12" just on and on . then We had a show and of course My rig gets worked on after hours cause a guy walks in with $10,000 and wants a paint job in a week well You just stop everything and do it or He will just go somewhere else unless He knows of Dragons quality. Honestly rightnow there are 12 custom jobs waiting , 3 engines, We had a Suzuki dealer go buy several motorcycles and wants us to customize them for Him so He can sell them for more. I'm really hoping to do My tests after this week but, right now it is in paint and My dash is in many pieces. We are working as much at night as We are trying to get it ready to take to SEMA. We have 4 companies wanting to use it and possibly as a back up if one does not show that may be cutting it close. So We are hauling it i think and if nothing else having a sharp ride to travel around in and show Our logo. really hope one of the companies use it so We get expenses covered. I had offered someone i knew for just rooms and fuel then He did not need it and others found out so i felt bound to leave it for that. So if they get it it will be a cheap show price for somebody. It will have around $100,000 in it by the time We are through counting labor and puchase etc. It will be SEMA quality and will make the same deal for another company if they need it. i feel it is not right to start jacking up deal when i gave my word up front and know many now abut it.
I hope I can get the HUD to Blown so He can finfish and get it back for us to get it in for SEMA or install it at SEMA since We will be meeting Him there.

TAZ