H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Hummer Novice

Thumper is on a distinguished road
Default A little rear Bumper Light wiring help

Hello, thanks to the search threads I feel pretty good about installing rear bumper tail lights on my 03 H2. However, I could not find where there was any discussion (direction) on how to wire up the new lights. I have a list of wire color to function list. And I plan to tap into the trailer hitch harness.

But here is my issue. The connector I purchased has 3 wires a "Ground" (Black wire), a "Minor" (black with purple stripe), and a "Major" which is a green wire. If the ground is ground then does it matter which of the other 2 wires I hook up to the brake light or to the signal light on the connector so long as it operates as intended? Or is the connector sensitive to the which wire is connected to it. Since the bulb is to 2 filament blub, does it matter which one acts as the brake light and which acts as the signal?

Finally, when the light switch is turned on (for night driving) will the bumper light also turn on if it is connected to the brake light wire?

Obviously my lack of knowledge on wiring issues shows and I would really appreciate your help, just trying to avoid kicking the neighbors dog since I dont have one and blowing fuses left and right

By the way, in order to make the modification, I discovered that you also have to buy a bracket to hold the actual light unit in place from the inside of the bumper corner.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Hummer Novice

Thumper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A little rear Bumper Light wiring help

Ok thanks for all those that responded and provided your insight.

I installed the lights and they look great, now I have a different question regarding operation. and you thought it was just a matter of turning on the lights

If you think you can "add" to the solution visit the new thread under "Project Validation from H2 2005+ owners or newer"