H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road
Default Corsa Sport exhaust with Volant Cold air intake

Just purchased a Corsa Sport exhaust system and have not pulled the trigger yet on the Cold air intake. The Volant 45060 is likely the unit I'll be matching the Corsa with. Do any of you guys have this set-up? And if so how is the throttle response after install?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Corsa Sport exhaust with Volant Cold air intake

Just my bias, but I doubt the intake will do anything, the H2 has probably the largest intake of any GM vehicle with the possible exception of the 8.1.

The filter is massive, the only thing you would probably gain is a little noise, which is done just as easily by removing the H2 cover.

You'd also probably lose the water taking capabilities of the H2 intake, (up to 1 gal), how it's suppose to get out, I'm still yet to figure out... guess it evaporates and is then put through the engine...
Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
You'd also probably lose the water taking capabilities of the H2 intake, (up to 1 gal), how it's suppose to get out, I'm still yet to figure out... guess it evaporates and is then put through the engine...

I didn't even know the H2's would take up to 1 gal.........HA!

I'm going back in the lake
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

It's dirty but here's a pic. I still have the stock tube but will eventually replace with the airaid tube.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
It's dirty but here's a pic. I still have the stock tube but will eventually replace with the airaid tube.

Did you notice any differences when you installed the Volant CAI? It seems that I need to do more research on adding a CAI, I do not want to waste $500 on something that I do not see a difference in when added with the performance.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
Just my bias, but I doubt the intake will do anything, the H2 has probably the largest intake of any GM vehicle with the possible exception of the 8.1.

The filter is massive, the only thing you would probably gain is a little noise, which is done just as easily by removing the H2 cover.

Thanks for your input. Something to think about.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH23H2SUT
Just purchased a Corsa Sport exhaust system and have not pulled the trigger yet on the Cold air intake. The Volant 45060 is likely the unit I'll be matching the Corsa with. Do any of you guys have this set-up? And if so how is the throttle response after install?

How do you like your Corsa Sport?

I had it on my first 08 H2.

It sounded better in the videos vs. in real life.

That's why when I got my 2nd 08 H2, I bought the Billy Boat.

A noticeable difference between the 2 exhausts.

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Hummer Expert

to answer your question, there's no difference with the intake. Honestly most modern vehicles require a tune to make bolt ons worth while.

The main reason I went with the Volant was I wanted something enclosed that brough air in through the stock fender vent. The Volant was it. Also I couldn't stand how difficult and annoying it was to get the factory air box lid off...let alone get the thing back on.

I made my mind up one morning when I litterally had to remove the upper metal brace above the stock airbox to get the lid back on...said the hell with it and ordered the Volant.

If you were gonna go with the volant I wouldn't blow all the money on the full kit. Just get the box/filter for now. You can always add an Airaid or AirDoc tube later on.

Also I would recommend a pre-filter for it also. You'd be surprised the amount of crap that gets in there.

Also the Volant adapter IMO is a pile of crap. I thought at first they sent the wrong one. Sent a replacement for free and still didn't work like it should. This was my fix, silicone adapter with t-bolt clamps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl57
How do you like your Corsa Sport?

I had it on my first 08 H2.

It sounded better in the videos vs. in real life.

That's why when I got my 2nd 08 H2, I bought the Billy Boat.

A noticeable difference between the 2 exhausts.

I actually haven't installed it yet. I will be installing it myself this Friday and hopefully uploading "Before and After" videos to Youtube. I also reviewed many videos as well before making this purchase. I've heard of Billy Boat exhaust but decided with the Corsa system system due to sound of the many "Sport" videos on Youtube. Are you sure you weren't listening to "Touring" videos of the Corsa?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
to answer your question, there's no difference with the intake. Honestly most modern vehicles require a tune to make bolt ons worth while.

The main reason I went with the Volant was I wanted something enclosed that brough air in through the stock fender vent. The Volant was it. Also I couldn't stand how difficult and annoying it was to get the factory air box lid off...let alone get the thing back on.

I made my mind up one morning when I litterally had to remove the upper metal brace above the stock airbox to get the lid back on...said the hell with it and ordered the Volant.

If you were gonna go with the volant I wouldn't blow all the money on the full kit. Just get the box/filter for now. You can always add an Airaid or AirDoc tube later on.

Also I would recommend a pre-filter for it also. You'd be surprised the amount of crap that gets in there.

Also the Volant adapter IMO is a pile of crap. I thought at first they sent the wrong one. Sent a replacement for free and still didn't work like it should. This was my fix, silicone adapter with t-bolt clamps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info. How long did the installation take? And you are right the Lid for the airbox is a b@#%h to get at an reinstall the air filter. I try to look at that situation positive though. As I deal with changing filter I just say to myself "Now that's quality". I would rather it be watertight and solid than some of the flimsy pop-off with a butter knife crap some trucks are equipped with.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Hummer Expert

Installation for me took a couple days waiting for parts to arrive.

As I mentioned Volant sent me a different adapter-the part that bolts to the box and connects to the MAF. I didn't care for their design using hard plastic against hard plastic isn't an airtight seal IMO. That's why I went with the silicone reducer and t-bolt clamps myself.

The lid has a soft material on the back so when you screw it into the box it seals itself shut.

I also used some thick adhesive weatherstriping for a home to completely seal the box against the inside fender.

I can take more pics of anything if you need. However even with the annoyances above I would do it again. I just changed my oil and cleaned the air filter earlier in the week. It is simple to get the filter out compared to that crappy stock box.