H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-05-2006, 06:37 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOT THE ROLA!

Been busy, will post pics asap!

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 12-05-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

ChasH3 is off the scale

I put the defender rack on mine... It has four light taps up front and two on the back... They also carry the Hi-lift & shovel attachments...

Name:  bbbdelete.JPG
Views: 532
Size:  58.6 KB

Last edited by ChasH3 : 12-06-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasH3
I put the defender rack on mine... It has four light taps up front and two on the back... They also carry the Hi-lift & shovel attachments...

Attachment 33742

Not bad!
I like the low profile look and features of the Rola!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

GvilleH3U19 is on a distinguished road

I like the Price of the Rola
2006 H3 standard Factory set of Duelers, SMA guard, Set a chepo lights, and new set of Steelcraft Taillight Guards (just ordered a set of Thule Racks and Hella 500 series for the SMA Merry Christmas to me)

Old 12-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

ChasH3 is off the scale

4wheel parts carries the Defender racks for $450.00 (includes all hardware)...
Old 12-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Hummer Expert

I paid $200.88 for my Rola w/ the 18" extension and shipping.
Now thats a good deal!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

GPan099 is on a distinguished road

It is a great looking rack at a great price.

Can the Rola be mounted directly to the roof rails or are crossbars the only mounting option?

I would like to avoid using the crossbars and prefer the compact installation directly to the rooftop.

Thanks for the insight.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsnBars
Sweet JP Ill tell ya for the cost of this rack you cant go wrong. Very well made and holding up well. Its only a half rack but just the right size for my needs (spare tire) Congrads on your new rack. We almost have twin H3's now fourfourto,,, I have mine mounted on factory crossbows,,no problem,, Heres a couple of pics,, see ya
Could you measure the highest point off the roof to hightest point of basket if you are using the stock Hummer rails. Need to see if I have to cut a groove in the garage header! I saw that rack and wondered how it worked out. Great timing.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 12-14-2006 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:09 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPan099
It is a great looking rack at a great price.

Can the Rola be mounted directly to the roof rails or are crossbars the only mounting option?

I would like to avoid using the crossbars and prefer the compact installation directly to the rooftop.

Thanks for the insight.

No, it can only be mounted to a crossbar set up!
I opted for the Yakima crossbars so i can attach my Yakima bike racks and ski racks.
You could probably weld up some custom mounts. but remember you need some room between the roof and basket so you can dry the roof after washing.

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 12-15-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

I should have asked can it be mounted to the roof rails without crossbars.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPan099
I should have asked can it be mounted to the roof rails without crossbars.

See answer above your last post!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Hummer Professional

I too got the Rola. Tonight at 6:30 CDST. I also got a set of cross rails. Aries which I think are the same as OEM. I had to back up a page when ordering and I failed to see it reset to bright. Oh well, with quality of powder coating on things I have been getting I think the bright anodized will hold up better. Just a little Bling. I refinish aluminum masts and booms for sailboats so I could etch them and put a finish of black later. I have a sunroof and I ordered the Rola extension piece. One piece took a hit where they slide together but I smoothed it out. the powder coat popped off there. I fixed it. I lined it up at the back of the sunroof. It hangs over in the back but I found when the door is open it makes it great to climb up. It would add some drag (like that matters) but a plexiglass piece in back would maybe blow off the rear window in dusty conditions?? Like the old station wagon spoilers, ha ha.
I have two complaints. When attaching the rails to the mounts using the bolts supplied, lock washer and flat washer the threads do not reach. They do with out the lockwashers. I just went ahead and put locktight on them. Nothing like a kid with a new toy with some assembly required! Must be Christmas. The other thing was each mount had two plastic disks that it was to slide on. They had ridges molded on them to fit into the mounts but kept falling out. I put a little silicon sealer on them to make them stay. Its dark here in "Central America" for posed pictures but I have some in the shop. Its also cold. One thing I never got anybody to reply to was how high is it about the roof with oem style rails? Its about, cause its hard to see, 3/4" between roof and bottom of rail. I like the low profile. Overall about 7 1/2" to top of basket rails. My shop has a 10' door because I was thinking. My garage only has 8' cause I was too lazy to move the header when I remodeled. Oh well I have 16" on the 10' and about 4" on the 8'. Thats with my 33.1 tires and 8 turns on the torsions. So most folks should be good to go, unless you have 21 inches of snow like those folks in Colorado and drive like you going in the Batcave!
I tried to answer the questions I had before doing this. I hope I helped and did not get too long. Sorry
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 12-23-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Hummer Professional

second shot
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Hummer Professional

third shot. Another reason I like this rack is the width. The trails I go on most that lean hard makes it real close on the top edge of the roof. This will be no problem. I have to fold my mirrors in when Im shotgun trail guide following Jeeps. To pick up after carnage. See last photo.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hunner : 12-23-2006 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Hummer Professional

fourth?
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Hummer Professional

fiver
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Hummer Professional

Bonus photo
See how safe I was back in the back. I ran up to help and left my camera to be polite. Then when I got up there and they were ok I went back and got my camera. I really parked back there cause I watch a lot of tv and turned over cars in the movies, "always" blow up real good, sometimes more than once. I was not even in 4wd yet!
Attached Images

Last edited by Hunner : 12-23-2006 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Hummer Professional

I guess to be fair I should show this huge ledge he was trying to crawl over. snort snort
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

GvilleH3U19 is on a distinguished road

Jp any luck getting the side picks i really wanna see how high it sits with the yakima rails (i have thule but rise is close)
2006 H3 standard Factory set of Duelers, SMA guard, Set a chepo lights, and new set of Steelcraft Taillight Guards (just ordered a set of Thule Racks and Hella 500 series for the SMA Merry Christmas to me)