H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote start and Nav conflict

hey everyone, this really isnt a problem, more of an inconvenience, but i would like to take care of itif possible.

I currently have the Pioneer avic z1 installed and also a remote start. the inconvenience is that when i remote start the truck everything hooked up as an accesory come on, as it should. However if I turn the truck off by remote, everything turns off except for the readio, which i think will turn off with a delay (dont know if its 20 minutes or whatever), unless a door is opened. So when the radio stays on two things happen. Every minute or so the alarm triggers because of the music playing and causing the audio sensor and if loud enough the shock sensors to trigger. This is a big inconvenience. The other thing is that the display is on and it is really bright and noticable, so im affraid of someone taking it with them.

So would there be a way that i can hook up the z1 differently or put a relay somewhere that i can activate with the remote so that i can remotely turnt the unit off, kind of simulating an open door so that the circuit turn off, but not to really do anything with the door triggers so that the alarm doesnt trrigger. i was thinking of putting a relay on the constant 12, but i want it to shut down through its regular procedure, not just cut power to it.

I wish i could put some info on here of the current hook up so that someone could help, but i don't really have a diagram or anything, im hoping someone that has the z1 or is familiar with the hook up can help.

Apreciate any help, thanks!

PS. sorry for the long essay.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remote start and Nav conflict

A simple solution would be to remember to turn off your Pioneer when you park it. I sort of have a dumb question though. Why would you want to turn the vehicle OFF remotely?
Old 01-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Hummer Authority

the thing with the z1 is that theres no off button, you have to turn the source off and then the screen of separately, but that still keeps the unit on, and drains the battery.

theres no such thing as dumb questions, well at least most of the time. Sometimes i turn the car on thinking im gona leave but something happens and it takes longer to leave so i shut it off, or i forget about it and it shuts off by itself. Also when put on the timer to come on automatically when im away, the same thing happens.

any ideas?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road

Oh....I didn't know the z1 worked that way. Which is why I probably should have minded my own business. Name:  surrender.gif
Views: 159
Size:  1.8 KB

As far as there being no such thing as a dumb question, well......Just last night in the ER, a woman actually pointed to her left breast and said, "The pain is here. Do you think it's my appendix?". I almost sheet myself, trying not to laugh. All I could say was, " No m'am, I'm pretty sure your appendix is in your other breast." She didn't laugh.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Hummer Authority

hahaha , yeah that would be a dumb question.

but does anyone have an idea on how i can do the thing meantioned above, cauze i really done have any idea. thanks!