H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 02-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What $150K Can do to an H2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Surely! Just like Boy George took it as a compliment when I told him how gay he was.
Kettle, Pot. Pot, Kettle.
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Kettle, Pot. Pot, Kettle.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

I have that same outfit...
Old 02-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohead
I have that same outfit...

Really? Do you have this one?
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

I think the exterior of the truck looks sweet with the exception of too much chrome. My personal opinion is chrome is good as long as it is tasteful and not on the truck just because its available. I would do away with the chrome bumpers and corners, and fake air vent covers first and foremost. I dont care for the interior at all, but hey i dont have to drive it.

I know a guy in my town running 24" mazzi hulk style rims with the same kuhmo m/t tires and he loves the tires(it looks SWEET!). He went from 22in rims with toyo/mt's to the 24in with the Kuhmos and says the road noise is significantly less with the Kuhmos. From all the claims about how great the Toyo M/T's are i find it hard to believe but very few are running the Kuhmos so he may be right. If i wanted to dump alot of money on rims/tires and didnt care about rock crawling i would probably running a similar setup. It may not be the best setup for crawling but it is still a very capable vehicle IMO.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 02-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
How about this get-up?
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Htothe2 is on a distinguished road

I like it, i would just put a black grill on it and 20inch helo maxx8 with toyo mts.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
Which is fine, if not a little odd. But the 24's actually make it less capable off-road, but so do the those exhaust tips and all that pretty chrome. Each to their own I guess.
Phil, I think we can agree that chrome doesn't make an H2 less capable off road. Big wheels, maybe, but not chrome itself. To each their own...

I think its unique, in a word.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
Phil, I think we can agree that chrome doesn't make an H2 less capable off road. Big wheels, maybe, but not chrome itself. To each their own...

Well it does make it less capable when it hangs down like THAT!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks

I think its unique, in a word.
Chrome absolutely hinders a vehicles off-roading abilities in that the driver is much less likely to do anything that might scratch the bling. Can you imagine the hissy fit the driver would throw if that front bumper got nicked?
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

this is gettin' scary ! Think I'm gonna sell my hummer and buy this and change forums !!

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Elcova Newbie

up2something is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: What $150K Can do to an H2!!

Thats why this forum sucks ! Your all dicks , and think you know it all.....someone comes on to plug something and you all attack .....
im glad i have life that doesn't envolve wanking off and cutting people up...
its one thing to post your opinion, but to cut someone up for having a much sexy ride then you.... that so
Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2something
Thats why this forum sucks ! Your all dicks , and think you know it all.....someone comes on to plug something and you all attack .....
its one thing to post your opinion, but to cut someone up for having a much sexy ride then you.... that so

Thank you for that insightful bit of information.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Is it wrong that I'm getting aroused?!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

The Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that is what you call a work of art.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Dragon and i tried to make sure even though we built the vehicle for show and sponsor's from light bulb's to Sikken's furnishing paint products with cost of tires and rims including the cost of rig and tax with a full Infinity sound system, 12" touchscreen system in center dash, & two tone leather seating from Katskin. You try to add shop time as we sanded by hand every bump off the exterior plastic so we could paint it. We did not use body filler to smooth out stuff we sanded it down. The truck had base coat and then all the colors of stripes painted no vinyl added, reverse cowl hood scoop and molded it in plus then look at rear and we smoothed the back out and put in Caddy tailights and removed rear vents and it was done with metal no tricks just a steady hand.

We then shaved the side markers and hid them under a ghost paint scheme bluish color where they are hidden in the day. What is such a big deal about shaving is in this case as we did it sparingly and left the character of the massive door buckets that we also have very small blue led's that come on when door unlock which looks way cool and we are planning on having all the underside LED's come on also. Shaving has become a real big deal out west and we chose to use it just a little to remove the two larger parts that stood out most which were the side markers and the rear vents. Led's will be hidden deep inside the A/C vents with just an glow coming out not counting all the Led's in the rest of the cabin. Even our Tsunami caps have blue led's that run up and down the corners. The amps have led's inserted into each end of the center translucent plastic so that the 2 led's one on each end of amp appear to be running towards each other. Dragon knows his stuff on a completely different level than other interior builders because he took the time to go to one of the top schools for auto system design and install because that part is so crucial one mistake and nothing lights up and it takes double the time to search for problem than it does to get it correct for the first time. So he excells there along with audio/video.

The rear sub enclosures were hand made and the new center console was made to go all the way back between the 4 captains and on the inside we hid the computer we built that runs all XM,DVD,CD, NAV etc. with blue led's and a clear H2 on each side so you can see the blue computer we built that also include a vent system with a cooling fan that puls fresh air inside to keep computer from getting hot. Dragon understands and plans these things in the design and I really have to give him credit as I would not have thought of cooling fan. We put the DVD/CDRW in the lid of the front console and CNC'd a mount that drive bolts to from inside and it is outside on front slope machined into it so it lays flush against the lid slope outside and says H2 on it. We added sound proofing that each section is heavy. We covered everything. I bet just from picking the stuff up we added another 200 to 300 lbs. to the rig it really made rig quiet inside, it is worth the gain in weight.
We went with smaller rims to allow bigger rubber and everything tucked up including the completely jet hot'd polish look exhaust headers all the way out the back the tips are up over axle and ends right where the factory did. The only thing we would need to do to go off road would be take off nerf boards add rock sliders. The clearance is the same as it was when i drove it off the lot.

We did take chrome off as many of the long time forum members will notice but, replaced with allot of new work that no one had done outside with the paint and reverse cowl hood. We really tried to get a good balance as at shows before we painted and did the big job people would come by and say it looks good like you could go off road but, still have bling. We just traded paint and exterior mods bling for chrome bling. I think we brought it close to being a sharp looking but, practical rig balanced out with just some chrome.

We begin next month the spring and summer tuning phase to put all the topend we can get to it in a mile trap. I can do that and immediately in the parking lot change supecharger pulley's reflash it with a tamed tune change fuel in rig and drive on 93 octane home or go on the trailer. My goal was to keep the rig so it could do many thing's even be converted to run 1/4 mile track's.

We added a little more bling inside and since we have black inserts in seat's i'm thinking of some black leather on door panel's that match the center seat leather grain. Nothing to dash as i do not like anything more than we did and since we did the center console in piano black we did parts of the dash in same color mixed with the factory wheat color but added a small amount of chrome.

To put a price on the rig would be tough as we did not keep up with man hours. I know everything sponsors gave was about $30,000. Rig with taxs and some more money i put in it that we kept some of it on project put my side of it to about $75,000. That would include some extra labor on body and paint to meet some deadlines that we brought in from outside the shop I paid. We stripped every ounce of factory paint off the rig which was stealth and had 2 paint jobs put on it till we got the second and one on it now that normally if someone drove up in an escalade or something of same size the labor and paint just one time would be a $25,000 paint job because the rig was stripped apart not tapped up and hidden. Some of You know what I mean but, Orangecrush could tell you how much time to R&R pieces not counting the work on each part after you took it off. So total price on the job could run between $115,000 to $130,000 maybe more and that is using pricing of sponsored furnished equipment that was free to the project. Let me tell You to take time and cut metal to cover the slots in sides on the doors and metal work on back took allot of time. We left none of the H2 indentations on side or on hood not anywhere.

Do not be surprised if in a year or so down the road you do not find a smoother line to the truck from factory. They are I think going to leave it
off-road tough but, move the appeal to the eye more towards the smoother lines as we have done it and that most like the new sleak look of lines and door slots gone etc.. Just a hunch but, I have a good reason for that hunch that GM/HUMMER is thinking about that just as they are going to smooth out the lines on the inside of the H2 first in 2008 with more engine choices.

When AM General first made the rigs they did so with their philosophy in mind. Rugged like the H1 give the buyer another choice with lower price and build a bigger customer base. Now GM thinks differently. Look at the Silverados 2007 compared to even my 1999 silverado and my truck as far as looks inside and out looks like it came from stone age even though it is kept sharp looking. GM is trying hard to raise the comfort and please the eye and make it tough. Not a bad plan really.

I have not meant to doing anything to counter or support the $150,000 job but, We figure if a man will bring us a rig and $50,000 we can most likely deliver a very nice rig and unless he picks what will be a allot of hand built stuff with some bolt on chrome or whatever it could. We could take the same money and build an otragiuos off-road H2 and still improve interior comfort more as well as whatever outside as far as lifts and road armour bumpers or order from Drty or Neil whoevers heavy bumpers and winches you wanted.

But on my rig there was an unreal amount of hand labor put on that truck and it could have cost as high as $150,000 but, it is not worth that to anyone else so therefore it is only worth what someone would pay for it. maybe $60,000 to $80,000, I do not know.

Thanks to so many of you who have looked at Our work and i have never had a person say that they did not like it. It may not be what they would drive but, all have appreciated the pushing of the envelope we try to do yet
functionally wise kept the rig to where with an hours time it could be converted to off-road in Moab. Before the truck ever leaves my hands or I just retire it from show and some speed runs i would like to make this dust thirsty puppy is going to be driven to Moab with Dragon and i in it to spend a week or however long the group from the forum stays and hits the trails. The Mall Queen has got to go off with her buddies and get scratched dinged or whatever and really earn her stripes for doing everything i have asked of her to my setup for pleasure to show setup to speed runs and back to her roots off-roading.

Thank You for all the kind and encouraging PM's and emails. You all know who You are. Hopefully maybe even as early as 2008 I will be done with sponsors and showing the Mall Queen and then we hit Moab that year or next if trip is skipped that year. I will show up with stick on paint protector skin, I'm not going out to purposely harm My girl. I will ask advice as to what rims and tires as well of ther things that would be helpful to have the girl ready for fun.

Thanks TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBob
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2something
People that try to bullsh*t others about things don't do very well here - and you were definitely bullsh*tting. Not only that, but you ruined an H2 by turning into a mall-running hip hop ghetto mobile and then tried to tell us how it's an "extreme off road vehicle" because it has an aggressive tread pattern on a wheel & tire combination that actually lessened its off-roading capabilities.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Elcova Rookie

Rollin Thick is off the scale

DRTYFN: Well I would like you to pls point out where I said it was an "extreme off road vehicle". I never said anything of the sort. Unless in your wisdom you are reading to much into my posting. Oh might DRTYFN! Maybe you need to read my posts over. As well you need to check yourself when accusing people of lying when you don't have any proof. **** More importantly I gave you an option to prove me wrong but I guess you just don't have the B***s to do so. You only have the mouth to blab and accuse.****

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ: I have to say the truck looks fantastic. I agree the work you did was crazy! I love the back and the paint. We did the same thing regarding the plastics, hand sanded everything. We actually hand sanded all the textured plastic on the outside and the inside of the vehicle. Alot of the labour when into this. There was also alot of time spent R&Ring everything as you said. Even though we didn't paint the truck what we did, we still had to remove almost everything inside and outside the truck. It was funny because it almost looked like a stolen recovery we seen at an auction here a few weeks prior to the project. There was a few one off pieces that we made for the truck, which we posted in this same thread. They were a bit time consuming over all we had the biggest trouble getting the pass. side grab handle on the dash to sit perfectly with the plastic. There was a fair bit of trial and error there. The bumpers were also to tremendous amount of work. As you would know because they are stamped pieces as soon as you weld on them it relieves some of the tension and you get warping and so on. To be able to chrome them they had to be filled and smoothed with medal or the chrome would come out like crap. All of the bolts in the bumper and skid plate were also chomed, which was simple. Any ways in closing I think your rig is crazy and I hope you do well with it at the shows.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

With the current exchange rate. What have you?
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!