H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 11-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

hummog is off the scale

Charles

You did a great job handling your truck on the various obstacles at the funlands and don't listen to the negative comments that are coming from individuals who have never been to the Funlands. I extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to bring their H2 to the funlands and prove any conceived illusions they may have.
I guarantee you won't perform much better.
Yes, Charles could definitely use a little more clearance and some better aggressive tires, however, again, he performed well and earned the respect of each and every H1 driver that was there.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hummog:
Charles
I extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to bring their H2 to the funlands and prove any conceived illusions they may have.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I would ask where exactly this is on the open forum, but what city, state is this near? What about invites for the H3 owners?

Charles,
I really do think some MT's could have helped and airing down the tires and front locker. by looking at the video, it didn't look as hard as I'm sure it was. I'm sure it was like slime out there and that always makes the trails way harder... esp. with H1 ruts.

BTW- WTH was on the roof of you GOBI rack, or maybe a better questions would have been- what wasn't?

You had a comment about the factory UC protection not being bullet proof. You are so dead on with that statement. If you are going to keep wheeling you may want to go with the Rubber duck UC protection and HD tie rod kit. With all that wheel spinning, you are going to break tie rods soon enough. Trail Duty (Phil D) can get you all that stuff too. I saw that a couple of the H1's were running Rubber Duck protection for the rock rails. That IS bulletproof.
Good luck with your repairs and cleaning that beast back up.
Tim.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:49 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Hey Tim,

I'll tell you that the Funlands are in western PA... beyond that, its up to George to show you the secret handshake....

Some mud tires will certainly help, and so dis airing down... and of course front locker... and lift.. etc... All good things come in due time

The Gobi rack is sporting two pelican cases, a 60" hi-lift jack, an on board air system and tank, tire, and some other doodads... It great! I love it because now I have room inside the truck again.

I carry a spare tire rod as of last Tuesday when it arrived ... and the rubber duck is coming, probably in January... just so much going on right now... 1000's of little things.

I'm sure you know how it goes.

BTW... I really like the H3 racks you guys made... you got the dimensions spot on for curb appeal. Very nice!

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-27-2005, 09:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not once has he posted anything positive on anyone else's video or photo threads. Maybe I am wrong, but I looked through his post history and it seems to be all about him.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Did someone delete all my comments about Ken's new truck?
Did someone delete my comments about H2-Copilots foyer?
Someone delete my detailed posts in answer to tech questions?

Why do you get off of stirring up trouble?

Nothing else to give? Parasite?

I only have 300 or so posts... If I was an attenion whore... I figure I would have at least 6000 non-sensical posts that had non-hummer crap in them...

Oh my... look at Alex's last 6000 posts....

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-27-2005, 09:47 PM

The boring comment I can handle

And if you don't want to watch... I can handle that too

I daggers in the ass stuff that bothers me.

BTW I am sorry I got you name wrong... and I'm glad we've found a level we can coomunicate on

Rock on!

Old 11-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hummog:
Charles

You did a great job handling your truck on the various obstacles at the funlands and don't listen to the negative comments that are coming from individuals who have never been to the Funlands<span class="ev_code_RED">.Not negative. FACT. The video was usless. What the fawk did it show other than Mr Moron getting stuck???</span>

I extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to bring their H2 to the funlands and prove any conceived illusions they may have. <span class="ev_code_RED">Concieved illusions? Buddy, Charles is not the H2 end all. Just a very stupid representation of the vehicle. A joke. </span>

I guarantee you won't perform much better. <span class="ev_code_RED">I guarenteed most of us could (And put some of you to shame) and mabye not even need to do any wreckless tree falling.</span>

Yes, Charles could definitely use a little more clearance and some better aggressive tires <span class="ev_code_RED">DUH And mabye a set of functioning nuts</span>

, however, again, he performed well <span class="ev_code_RED">Are you a fawking idiot?</span>

and earned the respect of each and every H1 driver that was there. <span class="ev_code_RED">He must give good head. All I saw was 100% ZERO ability. If you guys respect that, then I know it was a setup.</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, PAINFUL to watch. Did nothing to represent the H2 Community. That's what happens, some get big heads when they get behind the wheel of these rigs and expect it to compensate for their zero abilities. It happens. Funny when they realize there's no built in auto-pilot and <span class="ev_code_RED">BLAME OTHER FACTORS and not the obvious.</span>

.<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

hummog is off the scale

So when you coming to the Funlands Mr. Bigmouth!

Come on out and show us how it's done!

Put up or shut-up.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Hummer Messiah

LMAO!!!!

Mabye we can meet somewhere in teh middle?

Utah looks good. H2 Dominated Country.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

So when you coming to the Funlands Mr. Bigmouth!

Come on out and show us how it's done!

Put up or shut-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RAARRR!!!111
IBENRAGED
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Bored? <span class="ev_code_RED">Yes</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Shipbldr, Loved the video. I can sit and watch Hummers all day long.
In mud if you don't get stuck you haven't tried hard enough or gone far enough.

Thanks for posting. Some have nothing better to do than criticize.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:54 AM

Yeah... there's a little excess video in there...

It could use some tightening up.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go get the ax!!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Banned

Dan Rather is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Yeah... there's a little excess video in there...

It could use some tightening up.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go get the ax!!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever hear of a novel editing technique called "cropping"? Holy f*cking Christ, that was a looooong as "movie". And that bitch, Connie Chung, wouldn't even give me the $5 Viet Cong wang rub during it. She fell asleep. Well, so did my shriveled old pecker. Oh well.

Take that axe and sit on it.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Hummer Professional

FiremanJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ship i enjoyed the whole video! Had nothing else going on here at the station so they crew on my engine watched it. we all enjoyed it. and sorry about your window. dont mlet the nay sayers get you down
Jay
96 Road King
82 Vette
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

Cool video of H1s .

Eventhough instead of finessing the terrain they would cut down the obstacle.

What do you expect? Everyone to brown nose?

TOTALLY sucked. That is all.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-29-2005, 08:16 PM

I think the man has a point about the image thing... and cutting down trees. I must will admit it's not something I really thought of too much.

I guess all of us have our own point of view.

Let's be fair to Dennis. He thinks (& I agree he's right) that my H2 probably could have been pushed harder than it was. I choose not to. He probably would have choose otherwise. His call, his wish.

He's got a lot more experience and knowlege than I do in these things apparently. It seems a greater tolerance for damage.

I'm comfortable with that.

We just see the world differently. And that is OK.

I just don't live up to his standards of what a hummer driver should be. I'm comfortable with that too. I'm just having fun on my own terms. I hope he enjoys the same.

You can rest assured that I will not sit in judgement of his driving skills. I just don't feel the need to measure myself against him or anyone else.

Back the tree thing...

I see the whole tree thing from a different angle too.

I guess I got jaded about the whole chainsaws and trees cut down thing.

I must have become "tree insensitive" at work... you see... a couple of twigs at the Funlands aren't the first to die for my Hummer...

Here's picture from "the yard" at "work"

so... let the whining about dead trees roll in!

I think it took about 310 acres of clear cut trees to pay for my Hummer....

And yes... now that you mention it I probably could have winched off of somethings, but no we didn't care to waste the time.

But it is a point taken, and will be in the back of my mind.

My main thought about trees is that they "grow back".

Different world views I guess.

Live well
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM

Folks out there are really that nuts about the trails?

Every once in a while we get a person (or an e-mail from a person) who acts like every tree is sacred... and in the case of some old growth areas.. I can agree with them.

Otherwise, generally the reaction we get here is "Thanks for the jobs."

I always hear stories about tree nuts... spikes and that sort of crap. We generally don't have to deal with that part of things. It's interesting to hear from someone who deals with them on the front lines. Seems thay are pretty extreme.

Sounds like you have a heck of a battle on your hands. I wonder if the tree nuts ever take into account that wheeling helps keep the trails open and passable... which is a big help when the next forest fire rips through and you're a hurry to save the 99.99% of the land that's not on the trail. But I degress.

We generally operate with the attitude that the earth was put here to be used and enjoyed. Yes, we do plant behind... but the small tree "junk wood" carnage is stunning if you've never seen it before. Those twigs get mowed down, not driven around.

I can see you point about the nuts trying to using the trees them "to make hay" about destruction. Oh well, preaching to the choir...

Thanks. It helps me understand a lot better where you're coming from.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:37 PM

rockking is off the scale

Alright.....I can't take much more of this. what seemed like just a friendly posting of a video for pleasure viewing, has become the most ridiculous on-going dialogue imaginable.
Regardless of what those guys did, it's what they chose and doesn't require the blessing or acceptance of anyone......particularly some numb-nuts who honestly believe their H2 is as capable as an H1. Get over it guys....The salesman at the dealer convinced you that you were buying a "real" hummer and you went for it.
I'm sure he told you it had the same capabilities as an H1, however don't you still question why it costs half the price as an H1.
I'm not knocking the H2, however you have to be realistic and stop living in a fantasy world where you think you have one of the worlds most capable off-roading machines.
How about showing us some of you guy's videos depicting some of the "hard-core" trail riding you guys are such experts at.....And I don't mean the same stuff that stock jeeps and samarui's are running.
Get a life and move on.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

[sniffle] Can't we all just get along [sniffle, sniffle]
Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 PM

I was at the mall to tonight...

I saw the most massive speed bump!

Fortunatley I had the video camera...

I agree. I'm ready to move on. I think that Dennis and Alec have some points.

And I have listened.

I don't agree with everything that have to say.

But I certainly agree they have something to say.