H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy C:
A three page thread that does not have the Canuck and the Sasanach shaking their rattles at each other - amazing

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.

I sleep all night and I work all day!

I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers.....

Better?

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H2 2007 this this true

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.

I sleep all night and I work all day!

I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers.....

Better?

Damn, you ghey.

I just heard today that the H2 definitely WILL be getting the new 6.2L 400hp engine. It will be a 2007 model, but availability is unclear as to whether it will be an '07 out in '06 or '07. I'm first in line. Guess which color?
Old 05-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

2007 H2 SUV Changes

Deletions
  • Exterior paint color (18U) Desert Sand.
  • (B57) Uplevel Chrome Appearance Package. (RPO code only. Content moved to (R13) Chrome Appearance Package.)
  • (QHW) LT315/70R17 all-terrain blackwall tires
New Features
  • Exterior Color (48U) All-terrain Blue.
  • Exterior Color (55U) Fusion Orange Metallic
  • New content in (R13) Chrome Appearance Package. (R13) now includes (V67) double-crossbar luggage rack made of brushed aluminum, (ND1) chrome aluminum fuel filler door, (JHA) chrome aluminum hood handles (set of 2) and (JHB) chrome aluminum hood latches (set of 2).
  • Chrome exterior door handles are now standard on all models.
  • (QHY) LT315/70R17D all-terrain blackwall tires.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
Hummer H2 - A diesel-powered Alpha performance model could arrive in 2007.
Hummer H3 - The H3 is scheduled to get an Alpha model in 2007. It will be powered by either a Turbocharged I-5, V6, V8 or diesel engine.
I posted something similar to this in the H3 section a few weeks ago.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Guess which color?
Desert sand, duh.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Ill tell you what, once that diesel H2 comes out im worried about what will hapen to trade in values. Forget the list. The day that sucker comes out with the diesel im there for a trade-in. Love the H2, but miss my powerstroke ford. Having diesel and H2 would be PERFECTION.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 06-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road

overheard in convo with various other H2 drivers over the weekend:

a diesel is soon-to-arrive, but it will be a six cylinder

the 8 liter vortec engine is forthcoming

IMO, neither seem likely as the former would risk making the H2 even more underpowered on the highway and in the streets, and the latter would probably re-invigorate fuel-economy-scrutiny and give a second wind to the slowly fading hummer-gas-hog-panic, and i doubt GMs marketing team is silly enough to do that.

I would guess you could get an EPA rating in the low 20's for highway driving with

a 500lb diet
slight aerodynamic improvements (without making it look sleek, keep the hummer look)
a tranny that was designed around the EPA test the way many vehicles are. The test is standardized and can be designed around. Don't think the high ratings of many cars isn't based on that and I assume that considerable R&D time at Toyota goes to this.

With a duramax and EPA-tuned tranny, i wonder if one could get in the mid 20's highway? Sure you could.

Of course, the H2 isn't currently subject to EPA ratings, but i do think that a public demonstration of at least reasonable mileage would be good for the Hummer brand. Maybe GM could just make a better-mileage H2 and voluntarily subject it to the EPA test. If it could be done, it wouldn't be a stupid move from an image/marketing perspective.

After all, the lack of an EPA rating lets GM dodge the bullet with the H2, but it also lets enviro's call it an "8mpg behemoth" in their propaganda.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31_bandits
overheard in convo with various other H2 drivers over the weekend: Overheard while trying to get a few Z's in a meeting and reading my powertrain tracking sheets to see what I have to plan for in the near future.
a diesel is soon-to-arrive, but it will be a six cylinder Don't hold your breath for this one

the 8 liter vortec engine is forthcoming This one either

IMO, neither seem likely as the former would risk making the H2 even more underpowered on the highway and in the streets, and the latter would probably re-invigorate fuel-economy-scrutiny and give a second wind to the slowly fading hummer-gas-hog-panic, and i doubt GMs marketing team is silly enough to do that.

I would guess you could get an EPA rating in the low 20's for highway driving with

a 500lb diet
slight aerodynamic improvements (without making it look sleek, keep the hummer look)
a tranny that was designed around the EPA test the way many vehicles are. The test is standardized and can be designed around. Don't think the high ratings of many cars isn't based on that and I assume that considerable R&D time at Toyota goes to this. Redesigned body is a really good possibility, new trans is also a very good possibility, but what it will look like, and what it will have to transfer the power is top secret....
With a duramax and EPA-tuned tranny, i wonder if one could get in the mid 20's highway? Sure you could.

Of course, the H2 isn't currently subject to EPA ratings, but i do think that a public demonstration of at least reasonable mileage would be good for the Hummer brand. Maybe GM could just make a better-mileage H2 and voluntarily subject it to the EPA test. If it could be done, it wouldn't be a stupid move from an image/marketing perspective. It will get better mileage

After all, the lack of an EPA rating lets GM dodge the bullet with the H2, but it also lets enviro's call it an "8mpg behemoth" in their propaganda.
There are other vehicles that dodge this bullet too, it just seems like the Hummer is the one that is always targeted by the small minded enviormental idiots. I believe the SRT 10 has the worse EPA mileage....
Old 06-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I Leased my H2 in may for 3 years hoping to trade it in for a diesel I could buy and keep. That will be 2009. (Crossing my fingers)
Old 06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

Since the EPA requirements are what closed the book on the H1 it will be interesting to see how AM General/GM adapt a diesel into the H2. Not because it can't be done but because of the cost. The GMC Sierra's built in 2007 will have an additional cost of about $2500 on top of the about $6,000 duramax option. The H2 is not a low numbered vehicle but compared to the GMC pickups it is low so spreading the cost over all vehicles would be much higher than it is for the GMC pickups. It is not the engine that needs to be certified but the application. So just because the GMC pickups have a certified engine doesn't mean the H2 would since the application is different, much like the H1 was different. Not saying it can't be done but the EPA requirements are rediculous. Of course if the engine that the H2 would get is entirely different who knows what would happen.

It is interesting that companies like Land Rover and Volvo are developing engines for the NA market. My wife really wants an XC90 so I asked about a diesel option to a couple of people and they said that it is in the works. The mpg is rediculous in the vehicle in europe as they said it is getting like 30-40mpg.

Another interesting fact is the development of Diesel/Electric engines that LR, Volvo and of course General Engine Products (AM General) are working on. Do I see a reincarnation of the H1?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
There are other vehicles that dodge this bullet too, it just seems like the Hummer is the one that is always targeted by the small minded enviormental idiots. I believe the SRT 10 has the worse EPA mileage....

YEah, the 'burban/yukon/escalade "ESV"s dodge the bullet. The Navigator.

Virtually any 3/4 ton pickup

and i'm sure many more i can't think of... But as you mentioned, the H2 is the one that takes all the bullets, and as such i think that a very wise marketing move from GM would be to shoot its mileage up into respectable territory and volunteer to be EPA cert'd once that is accomplished... go with a possible 2wd transfer case option to bump it up a couple mpgs, diesel, whatever.

Because, well, while the enviro's will never condone a hummer, and will always freak out in their general direction no matter what - it would be reasonable to give people who aren't anti-hummer something to say in return, and to take the capacity to slander hummers with invented dramatized mileage figures "that 8mpg earth-fcking *******" and so on and so forth.

Its just a thought i've had.

I guess the death of the H1 has left me thinking from time to time about the future of the H2.

God bless soccer moms if they drive sales. You boys and girls be nice to them. If offroad-used and off-road capable Wranglers were all that were sold, they'd have killed the model years ago. It survives via college kids that think its cool to pop the doors off and hang a knee out the side, and beg dad for one until he relents, and old people that chose it over a miata or wahtever as a novelty sunday-driving car.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhagman

Another interesting fact is the development of Diesel/Electric engines that LR, Volvo and of course General Engine Products (AM General) are working on. Do I see a reincarnation of the H1?

I saw that note about the hybrid H1 as well, pretty interesting stuff. Its a shame that the H2s diesel drivetrain couldn't sneak by via sharing cat converters, etc., with something that's already proven.

I hope they do something rash to the H2 to reinvigorate interest and so forth.