H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-26-2014, 12:53 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Wadaya think it will cost?

Hey all,
I am curious what you think it will cost to have all the silver pieces in the cab of my truck painted or line-x'd?

These are the center dash piece (stereo surround), the opposite end dash pieces that hold the a/c balls, the center console, all four door handle baskets.

I would normally do it myself, but I am thinking since they need to be taken out, sanded, primed, painted and such it would be worth it to have someone do it if it wasnt much. (since I know the door handle buckets will probably be a pain in the arse).
Old 01-27-2014, 02:45 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wadaya think it will cost?

I know Line-X is pretty thick and there may be some fitment issues. Someone on one of the forums did them and had some issues. Also each line-x shop is independently owned so shop around for the best price!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 AM

Well it doesnt have to be line-x it could just be paint.
What do you think the painting would cost?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

when i took my grill in, they said i went overboard when i de-chromed it. saying for LineX, it doesnt need to really be prepped for it. i dont know if that is truely accurate.. but... also for my grill is cost about $150.

they will ask if spacing is an issue. i think if you were somewhat detailed in the information, and the shop is good at what they are doing.. you might not run into too many issues. the LineX can be trimmed down (when warm) or sanded down to help fit.

i am kinda curious what a lineX dash, and center console would look like......

i have seen pics of the cargo area plastic lineXed.. and its not bad at all.. just havent seen a dash and boobs and center part.
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 01-28-2014, 03:07 AM

I think our man GuruError did that to his
If not I know someone on this forum did.

I just want to paint them or something since they look so worn.
The rest of the interior looks great.... then you see those things and it really brings it down
Old 01-28-2014, 06:13 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

Just rattle can them, no point in spending tons of cash to have them sprayed with a gun. Spend a good amount of time on the prep then start spraying away! There's always water transfer too if that's something you're interested in.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

accely is on a distinguished road

read up on Raptor U-pol spray. A kit comes with spray gun and 4 bottles, if you search my posts you'll see where I did everything on the exterior that was black. It's basically DIY linex and you can control the thickness. It's amazing stuff and it's still perfect as the day i sprayed it last spring/summer. Everyone thinks it's linex too except I saved a ton of money doing it myself. All you need is the kit which is like $120 and a decent air compressor from home depot if you dont already have one. Search for it on google and you'll find alot of jeep people who do it to their jeep's inner tub and other stuff.

however I would recommend for interior you use plastidip. It's about 6$ a can and it's extremely easy and very durable. I sprayed all my interior dash peices that were originally the wheat color except it was worn and chipping, now they are all black and looks great. check out dipyourcar.com for everything u need to know. you can also find a couple threads of people plastidipping everything from interior to rims to whole cars. I've had multiple vehicles rims dipped and they have held up 100% including my current H2. I also have my 300 SRT8 wheels dipped matte black, they are great.

Last edited by accely : 02-06-2014 at 04:33 AM.