H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road
Default Good Price?? 2006 H2 Lux. Pack

dvd, nav, blue, stock wheels/tires

27888 miles

dealer is asking $31744.00

3 month warranty / take back guarntee w/ in 3 months....

yae or nae????
Old 10-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good Price?? 2006 H2 Lux. Pack

Definately a good deal for an 06 Luxury with navi and those miles..... around the Chicagoland area that truck would be fetching ~$35K

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVR 155
Definately a good deal for an 06 Luxury with navi and those miles..... around the Chicagoland area that truck would be fetching ~$35K

thanks my fellow Seadoo brother....lol. We've got an rxp and rxpx.... Slightly faster...

I offered them 27k just because I really want a good deal. They've had it for over 70 days so I'm hoping they come down a bit.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Never hurts to go in low.... We've got alot in common... I'm also a realtor

2013 Audi S4

2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Never hurts to go in low.... We've got alot in common... I'm also a realtor

To funny... how are you doing in this economy??

I spent 8 hours searching dealers web sites, craigs list, auto trader etc... and there is not one Hummer that is a even close to being a better deal than the one I'm looking at....

I have to just listen to my own words... I always tell buyers if the house comps out, and if it's a good deal... who cares if you pay full price????

It's hard though.....
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Awwww, you guys should be friends on Facebook and share pictures and junk

20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
Awwww, you guys should be friends on Facebook and share pictures and junk

lol

facebook ....lol
Old 11-02-2009, 03:47 AM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

hey ive got a seadoo rxt. can i join this cool facebook clan??

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

I have an 06 Lux w/27000 miles going off lease in December. The residual on it is $42K. I've been researching different sites for a price, and it looks like I'm going to offer $35K for it!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road

If it is at a gm dealer, see if they will certify it and add the extended gm bumper to bumper warranty. Approx $1000 and extends to 6 years from in service date and 100,000 which ever comes first. I can assure you that you will get that $1000 back in warranty work....
Old 11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Get a room, guys...Realtors...damn attention ho's.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest H-Town Realtor
Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest H-Town Realtor

I agree, it's all their fault! Obama had NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS MESS. He's going to save us, he's the "Chosen One"

Sorry, had to vent !!!!!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor
To funny... how are you doing in this economy??

I spent 8 hours searching dealers web sites, craigs list, auto trader etc... and there is not one Hummer that is a even close to being a better deal than the one I'm looking at....

I have to just listen to my own words... I always tell buyers if the house comps out, and if it's a good deal... who cares if you pay full price????

It's hard though.....

Doing OK with this economy, definately working harder for less money but we are getting by fine.

2013 Audi S4

2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Doing OK with this economy, definately working harder for less money but we are getting by fine.

If there is ONE answer I hear more than any other when I ask that question... it's the one you just gave.

Glad to hear your doing good.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
If there is ONE answer I hear more than any other when I ask that question... it's the one you just gave.

Glad to hear your doing good.

Well luckily I have been doing this a while (15 years), besides doing RE sales I also have an appraisal business along with playing with investment properties.... being a bit diversified in these times has definately been a big help..... I just recently took advantage of the downturn and scooped up a great deal on a forclosure property waaaaaay under market value that Im rehabbing to put back on the market.... doing a first rate rehab (gutted the bath with all new drywall, tub and tile, real hardwood, new doors and trim, paint, custom kitchen cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances) and I will be able to throw it back on the market cheaper than the competition with a way superior product so it should sell fairly quickly.... Ive actually got a handful of people interested when its finished.

Anyone in this business who has weathered this storm is here to stay..... one good thing is this whole downturn has purged alot of the morons out, getting a R.E. license is easy, keeping one and making money with it over a long period is a whole different story... I cant believe some of the people I dealt with back when things were just rocking (2004-2006 at the peak).... I dont know how they made it from their bed to their car.... morons!! but in those times you didnt have to know $hit to make money..... those people are all long gone now, selling listings and representing buyers is not what it used to be.

2013 Audi S4

2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Well luckily I have been doing this a while (15 years), besides doing RE sales I also have an appraisal business along with playing with investment properties.... being a bit diversified in these times has definately been a big help..... I just recently took advantage of the downturn and scooped up a great deal on a forclosure property waaaaaay under market value that Im rehabbing to put back on the market.... doing a first rate rehab (gutted the bath with all new drywall, tub and tile, real hardwood, new doors and trim, paint, custom kitchen cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances) and I will be able to throw it back on the market cheaper than the competition with a way superior product so it should sell fairly quickly.... Ive actually got a handful of people interested when its finished.

Anyone in this business who has weathered this storm is here to stay..... one good thing is this whole downturn has purged alot of the morons out, getting a R.E. license is easy, keeping one and making money with it over a long period is a whole different story... I cant believe some of the people I dealt with back when things were just rocking (2004-2006 at the peak).... I dont know how they made it from their bed to their car.... morons!! but in those times you didnt have to know $hit to make money..... those people are all long gone now, selling listings and representing buyers is not what it used to be.

I tell you... I have been blessed. I was at a broker open house and walked down to talk with a FSBO that was hanging around outside. Happened to be that FSBO was a guy who buys at auction and flips, very very good guy and it's a family biz, he does it very ethically. We talked for a while and I offered my services. 3 months later I get a call, that was end of year 2008... I've been listing and selling his properties ever since.

Between that and the REO work I'm doing 2009 has been the rebound year for me... 2008 was pretty rough... but the work I did in 08 is paying off this year in terms of REO listings. I've actually done very light BPO work since 2004.

This entire year I've done 4 non-investor non-reo deals... it's a tough tough environment in the residential re-sale world... and buyers??? I used to be about half and half buyer/seller... this year I've helped 3 buyers get into a home and one of them was a listing that bought from me as well.

I've been doing this since the boom... 2004 was my first year, but I sold 16 homes my first year also... always been a natural. Not a super heavy hitter natural but never wanted to be the superstar.

I am really liking the REO work and the investment re-sale. A lot less emotions involved.

I am taking prop. mngment classes in prep for more REO business as even after this wave passes I would like to stay in the REO line of work. I can then also manage a few properties if duty calls.....

I own my own brokerage so the sky is the limit for me...

Our membership here is dropping daily as well.
to making it in this crazy economy. I learn something new every day before this debacle hit... now I learn twice as much every day!!

I thought about diversifying with appraisal work but in OREGON you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get your appraisal license... lots of supervised hours, which would take away from my other daily routines.

WIth the REO work I think I could get a part time job as an accountant....LOL

Good luck on your flip!!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll chime in with my fellow Realtors. I've been specializing in REO work since before it was cool. This year was best year on record for gross commissions. Our units were down a bit from last year, but we are selling more high end REO properties. So we've been insulated from the downturn for the most part. Nationally REO inventories are down despite what the media is telling you. Everyone is saying this winter the REO inventories will open back up again to normal levels. From what I see and in talking with my clients from all over the nation, REO inventories are down 40% to 50% from normal. Once Obama's band aids fall off, all hell will break loose.

We've got an entire staff devoted to REO work, like you said you need to be a CPA to keep up with the billing etc. Its not for everyone but if you can get the systems in place and the staff to handle the work, you can do quite well.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
I'll chime in with my fellow Realtors. I've been specializing in REO work since before it was cool. This year was best year on record for gross commissions. Our units were down a bit from last year, but we are selling more high end REO properties. So we've been insulated from the downturn for the most part. Nationally REO inventories are down despite what the media is telling you. Everyone is saying this winter the REO inventories will open back up again to normal levels. From what I see and in talking with my clients from all over the nation, REO inventories are down 40% to 50% from normal. Once Obama's band aids fall off, all hell will break loose.

We've got an entire staff devoted to REO work, like you said you need to be a CPA to keep up with the billing etc. Its not for everyone but if you can get the systems in place and the staff to handle the work, you can do quite well.

Congrats on your success! It's the people like you who have been in the game since before the boom who I have real respect for. You were here before and will be here after... most of you anyway.

Like I said, I've been doing BPOs, small small quantity, since 04 when I first started selling RE.

Now that I'm getting REO listings I'm really liking them. If I can manage to keep them coming and make a living between REO and my close clients I'll continue to focus on REO.

Def. has it's down falls.... but so does res. re-sale in any kind of market... just my experience so far..... I'm only a 6 year, almost 7 year, guy.... I have a lot to learn!

One of the first RE/Max offices I worked out had a REO star and that was in 2004... she was top RE/Max agent with over 85 properties sold in 08!!!

And she has no team....
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Congrats on your success! It's the people like you who have been in the game since before the boom who I have real respect for. You were here before and will be here after... most of you anyway.

Like I said, I've been doing BPOs, small small quantity, since 04 when I first started selling RE.

Now that I'm getting REO listings I'm really liking them. If I can manage to keep them coming and make a living between REO and my close clients I'll continue to focus on REO.

Def. has it's down falls.... but so does res. re-sale in any kind of market... just my experience so far..... I'm only a 6 year, almost 7 year, guy.... I have a lot to learn!

One of the first RE/Max offices I worked out had a REO star and that was in 2004... she was top RE/Max agent with over 85 properties sold in 08!!!

And she has no team....

I've been licensed for 17 years and have been in REO for 11. Have owned my own brokerage for 10 years now. It's a niche I fell into and have exploited it. If you are going to make it in REO its all about volume. I average 300+ REO's a year....with a career sales of over 3500 properties.

BPO work if good to hone your skills.

The biggest issue most agents have with REO work is the reimbursment process. Fronting money for trash outs etc can get daunting and at times we have $100K out in reimbursements. If you can get a "system" in place for handling the properties and meeting the timelines, you can do well. Many of our clients arent looking for new agents so its difficult to break into the REO gig. Asset managers dont want to be training an agent, they want an agent that will produce.

What i like about REO work is.....the average person will buy a house once every 12 years....so you always must be looking for new business. With REO work, you establish a relationship and then they feed you the work on a recurring basis.

But its not for everyone. Getting fleas, chased by dogs, walking through human feces and god know what....well isnt for the faint of heart thats for sure.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett