H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-27-2005, 03:03 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

Has anyone thought about the fact that if enough people complain about the engine ability of the I5 (believe me there will be some...), that GM would offer an upgrade for 2006.5 or 2007 models? Who would want an H3 I5 if there was a choice between an in line 6, V6 or a small V8? If they can do the 4.2 or whatever they used to put in the small blazer 2 door a few years ago, I am sure they will find a way to squeeze it in the H3.

Any thoughts on this builder and other H3 owners?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:03 AM

Has anyone thought about the fact that if enough people complain about the engine ability of the I5 (believe me there will be some...), that GM would offer an upgrade for 2006.5 or 2007 models? Who would want an H3 I5 if there was a choice between an in line 6, V6 or a small V8? If they can do the 4.2 or whatever they used to put in the small blazer 2 door a few years ago, I am sure they will find a way to squeeze it in the H3.

Any thoughts on this builder and other H3 owners?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

they are working on an Alpha package, wich I'm shure will have a V6.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:51 AM

For when? And what would you guess for a price?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:43 AM

firm is off the scale

what will that do to the gas mileage, it's already 12-14mpg
Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
they are working on an Alpha package, wich I'm shure will have a V6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Alpha, right now, will be a turboed version of the current engine. No new engines. Of course all of that can change with the wind with GM's situation but don't count on a "V" next.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:

Any thoughts on this builder and other H3 owners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh great, another feet-dragger. How long are you going to wait before pulling the trigger on an H3? Every day that goes by is one less day you can enjoy wheeling an H3.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:29 PM

Here\'s Johnny is off the scale

I know I've read somewhere that they might bring over a diesel powerplant to put in the H3 but I can't remeber from where. Is it just a rumor?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM

tonka61 is off the scale

im not buying the h3 cause of the engine size. i like it but im telling you i6 would be great. best engine to have if they did an i6 they would have a really nice vehicle.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Here's Johnny:
I know I've read somewhere that they might bring over a diesel powerplant to put in the H3 but I can't remeber from where. Is it just a rumor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There were test mules with a "baby duramax" or something in them but this was before all of the shakeup at GM.

Theory is the cheapest route now is to get power out of the current engine through induction and call it Alpha and get that out since there are other changes to the truck than just the engine for the Alpha line. Maybe follow that up in 1 or 2 years with the diesel or a "V".

They have had the diesels in the H3, the Duramax plant has hugely increased it's capacity, so a baby duramax is not out of the question, off the bat, for the Alpha H3. I'm just trying to keep the rumors current.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you keep waiting for the best you will never have the coolest here and now... like i do! ha! if something new and better comes out, ill ditch the h3 for the cooler one! after all its only money!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:35 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:

Any thoughts on this builder and other H3 owners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh great, another feet-dragger. How long are you going to wait before pulling the trigger on an H3? Every day that goes by is one less day you can enjoy wheeling an H3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is mine genius, I already sold it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...ame=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT
Old 06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

why did you sell it in the first place?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
if you keep waiting for the best you will never have the coolest here and now... like i do! ha! if something new and better comes out, ill ditch the h3 for the cooler one! after all its only money! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right! There will always be something better coming, i.e. the H2 Alpha, that one is coming out for sure and a lot of people are still getting the H2s, same with the H1, the new H1 alpha came out already and I'm sure that H1 owners are still pretty happy with their trucks even though it's not an alpha, I'd buy an older H1 if I had the money, the fact that is not an alpha does not bother me at all, and I'm pretty sure the same will happen with the H3s: there will be a lot of people that would buy your 06 H3 if it's cheaper than the alpha version... it is a HUMMER after all, you will never have problems trying to sell it... Just my two cents.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

With GM's cutbacks the H3 will stay the same with some upgrades but no new powerplant. I am so sick of this no power talk. You want power then buy the H2 and live with the fuel eco. **** buy the Nissian and good luck if you come wheeling. It's not a racer car! Say it again class "Hummer's are not built for speed!"
again.. "Hummers are not built for speed" Drive me nuts If I was still selling I would have to go off on the first customer who told me it had no poer or why don't they put a v6 8 10 12 **** put a rocket engine in it and someone will still not like the performance. You like it? Buy it and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
With GM's cutbacks the H3 will stay the same with some upgrades but no new powerplant. I am so sick of this no power talk. You want power then buy the H2 and live with the fuel eco. **** buy the Nissian and good luck if you come wheeling. It's not a racer car! Say it again class "Hummer's are not built for speed!"
again.. "Hummers are not built for speed" Drive me nuts If I was still selling I would have to go off on the first customer who told me it had no poer or why don't they put a v6 8 10 12 **** put a rocket engine in it and someone will still not like the performance. You like it? Buy it and have fun!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm down buddy, take a deep breath and count to ten... there will be a lot of people like myself that will buy the H3 and will enjoy every part of it, I would probably add a SC if it ever becomes available, but for the moment I can say that I'm very happy with the performance of my truck, so now you just have to ignore people saying that is should have a V6 or V8 and enjoy your ride :-)
Old 06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't they have a nuclear version coming out too

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-27-2005, 07:57 PM

TimW is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Don't they have a nuclear version coming out too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No...Bush signed a moratorium on dilithium crystal importation from the Nexxian Galaxy...something about them not "being with us."

Old 06-27-2005, 08:04 PM

firm is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TimW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Don't they have a nuclear version coming out too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No...Bush signed a moratorium on dilithium crystal importation from the Nexxian Galaxy...something about them not "being with us."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Bush like Nucular engines.