H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-27-2003, 02:49 AM

Michael is off the scale

Does anyone have the Savv Headrest Monitors? http://www.savv.com

They make a new 7" Headrest with a Monitor for the H2 which has the RF transmitter included inside the Headrest (for your wireless headphones).
I'd love to install some Headrest Monitors, but none of the stores or Audio install places have any working ones on display. I've emailed both Vizualogic and Savv, and (of course)they both say that they're the best.
I agree about the Myron & davis - too many buttons.
Any recommendations?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:01 AM

1stHummer is off the scale

Only problem with SAVV is that the leather is dyed and not OEM as is the Vizualogic system. This often, but not always, may not look quite original. But the monitors are very nice.

Roy.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:47 PM

1stHummer is off the scale

Sorry PhilD.

Brain freeze, I guess . I meant to say vinyl, but the Vizualogic devices are still the closest match to OEM that I have seen.

Roy.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:45 PM

RollinonDubs is off the scale

I am a beginner at all this electronic stuff. I am installing the DVD kit with the 2 headrest from autobarn. I am having trouble. I can not figure out how to get behind the dash to insert the FM modulator. Can anyone help me? Does it even go behind the dash?

mark allen
Old 02-28-2003, 08:21 PM

AUBURN H2 is off the scale

Rollinondubs

The complete center console cover must be removed to remove the dash area around the radio. Yes, that is where you need to be and you must have the two antenna adaptors as well.

Good Luck!
Old 03-01-2003, 12:33 AM

Tiger Bait is off the scale

Phil, the FM modulator phyically connects in line to your antenna input on the back of the radio. You must take the dash apart to get to that input wire. The FM modulator does not broadcast "over the air" to that frequency on the radio. If so other cars nearby would get your dvd soundtrack instead of the station they were listening to on their radio. The FM modulators are set in the low band range (generally some variant off of 88Mhz) where few stations broadcast. There are some in that range that are sometimes used. SO instead of inadvertently sending out on that frequency, a direct input feed is selected. There is a filter that blocks out all other frequencies when it is switched in line. That is what causes some interference to other frequencis on the radio when installed even if switched off.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:53 PM

Thanks Auburn. I did that and I guess I need to go buy two antenna adapters. When I looked at the back of the cd rediever I didn't see any video or audio output or input. Where do I connect the cables that are supposed to go in the back of the cd reciever?

mark allen
Old 03-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

I have my system installed and have a question. The equipment is under the second row seat. If anyone has installed it there, where did you run the antenna cord for the wireless transmitter? And how is the reception on the wireless headphones?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Reception is awsome on the VIZUALOGIC wirless system. I have four sets of headphones. There is a seat bracket for the upper half of the 2/3 seat (DRIVER SIDE) it has a rod running the full length at the bottom. Wire tie the antenae there and you will be very happy with the performance. No need to run it high up on that frequency.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:35 PM

oc192 is off the scale

Michael,

I have the SAVV headrest monitors in my Z71 Suburban and they are great. Picture quality, fit and finish exceeded my expectations. I will be installing them in the H2 in the spring.

03 H2
02 Viper GTS
02 Z71 Suburban
98 Harley Davidson FLSTF
98 Harley Davidson FLSTF
Old 03-06-2003, 03:04 AM

Michael is off the scale

oc192,

I just ordered the new SAVV 7.8" -LM-S7800W with the HR-7.8 for my H2. Again, this is a new product from SAVV as it includes transmitters in the Headrests for wireless headphones.

I hope to get them installed next week, and I'll be sure to post some pictures for everyone.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:59 PM

Where did everyone get there power from for the vizualogic kit? I cut into the ciggarette lighter and went from there. Did anyone else do this? Also, did anyone have any problems installing the vizualogic kit?

mark allen
Old 03-11-2003, 02:14 PM

Offshore Hummer is off the scale

Hummer Man -

Did you do you're own install or did you go somewhere in Orlando. I want to do the vizualogic w/PS2 as well and wasn't sure who I could use in Orlando.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:41 PM

I decided just to do it by myself. It was a pain but I figured it out. Unless you are good with electronics I would take it somewhere. I live in Orlando also and these are some great places to take it to: Audio Fashion on Colonial Drive and Audio Country on S Orange Blossom Trail. The phone numbers are in the phone book.

mark allen
Old 03-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

I would get SOUND ADVICE to do it. There audio / videoc tech guys knows what they are doing. They are also a big company and wont just leave you hanging out to dry.
You must do a serious power run (dead run) from the battery to the second row seat along the driver side step plates. There is a great access to enginge compartment near steering colum. You can then install a relay to break that ciruit so it only works when the key is in the ACCESSORY MODE. _____NO DEAD BATTERY THAT WAY_____.
You will need a 500 to 750 watt inverter to run a PS2 system and get good quality play.

If you install the visor monitor and possably the headrest monitors you might need some additional video amps. I used Monter Cable amps.
39 to 49 bucks. I ran all wiring and let the SOUND ADVICE boys tie it all together.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:41 PM

Offshore Hummer is off the scale

Thanks guys - I will check them out.