H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: SICK of my bling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
This is my plan so far...tell me what you think:
1. 20" Rockstars in black (KMC)
2. Black 2 tiered brush guard
3. Black rear tail light guards
4. (Possibly) black tube step assist
5. Later on.....Gobi roof rack

Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks....Jamie

Jamie, what happens if you're bored of all the black accessories in another four months? Then what?!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale
Default Re: SICK of my bling!!

Quote:
Why would you say that, are they not tough? Also, wouldn't powder coating cost alot and also be quite troublesome with them already being chrome? I'm just thinking that they are already broken down enough with the chroming process, would stripping them again to powdercoat now futher reduce their strength? Just curious. Thanks though, I will also check out the SMA brush guard you were speaking of. Thanks bro....Jamie

I didnt think too much about the Rockstars not being a good choice for wheeling, but when i saw them in person i realized it would not be a good idea at all. Have a look at the Rockstars compared to the Deisels....there is so much rim exposed to rock rash on the Rockstars as opposed to the Diesels which only have the lip exposed. My rims are kinda like the diesels in the fact that lips is the only part really exposed and i have had very little carnage to my rims. Im running a 13.50 wide tire so perhaps the width helps protect the tim but i have had good luck with my setup for wheeling.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
Jamie, what happens if you're bored of all the black accessories in another four months? Then what?!

I guess then I'll just buy a Prius and sell the Hummer. I heard that they are more evo friendly anyway.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
I didnt think too much about the Rockstars not being a good choice for wheeling, but when i saw them in person i realized it would not be a good idea at all. Have a look at the Rockstars compared to the Deisels....there is so much rim exposed to rock rash on the Rockstars as opposed to the Diesels which only have the lip exposed. My rims are kinda like the diesels in the fact that lips is the only part really exposed and i have had very little carnage to my rims. Im running a 13.50 wide tire so perhaps the width helps protect the tim but i have had good luck with my setup for wheeling.

Thanks man....Jamie
Old 07-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Steve - SanJose

Bling and black make a great combo!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Bling and black make a great combo!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I agree on the rim comments. Those diesels are a great looking rim in person!!! I may end up getting those as well if I can;t wait out until the 08 rims are available. Also, the backspace/ offest if I remember correctly will not work with 37's on the Rockstars. They'll rub too much and since you're running Toyos (are they 35's or 37's?) the 37's will break your air susp. sensor. On the other hand, the rockstars would be easy to rattle can for touchup.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
I agree on the rim comments. Those diesels are a great looking rim in person!!! I may end up getting those as well if I can;t wait out until the 08 rims are available. Also, the backspace/ offest if I remember correctly will not work with 37's on the Rockstars. They'll rub too much and since you're running Toyos (are they 35's or 37's?) the 37's will break your air susp. sensor. On the other hand, the rockstars would be easy to rattle can for touchup.

I just thought that the Rockstars would look good without the bling and maintain function of occassional off-roading. Don't have alot of canyons or hills in this part of Florida. however, I'm hoping Nevada, or Cali will be our next move, and I know opportunity will be there. I like the other rims as well, but its something about the Rockstars that looks good to me. I have 35's now, are you saying there is a possibility that they may rub or is it just the 37's. I currently have Dinamo 20in. Thanks for the help....Jamie
Old 07-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
I just thought that the Rockstars would look good without the bling and maintain function of occassional off-roading. Don't have alot of canyons or hills in this part of Florida. however, I'm hoping Nevada, or Cali will be our next move, and I know opportunity will be there. I like the other rims as well, but its something about the Rockstars that looks good to me. I have 35's now, are you saying there is a possibility that they may rub or is it just the 37's. I currently have Dinamo 20in. Thanks for the help....Jamie

This was just a recent toppic. the 37 13.50's on stock wheels will break your air susp sensor faster than moderation in the Land Use section. A wider rim will make it worse yet...esp if the rim sits in as far as stock.

Your 35's should be OK though...they are only 12.50 wide...even when aired down. Make sure (before you order) that the rim/tire package you go with will still be functional while aired down. Once you flex that truck out all the way or even jsut turing hard left or right, you will get major rubbing. youmay even want to keep your rim/ tire setup if it works while aired down. Just get your rims PC'd. I bet those bad boys would look really sweet all blacked out. at any rate, it would be way cheaper to have them PC's that buying all new rims.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
This was just a recent toppic. the 37 13.50's on stock wheels will break your air susp sensor faster than moderation in the Land Use section. A wider rim will make it worse yet...esp if the rim sits in as far as stock.

Your 35's should be OK though...they are only 12.50 wide...even when aired down. Make sure (before you order) that the rim/tire package you go with will still be functional while aired down. Once you flex that truck out all the way or even jsut turing hard left or right, you will get major rubbing. youmay even want to keep your rim/ tire setup if it works while aired down. Just get your rims PC'd. I bet those bad boys would look really sweet all blacked out. at any rate, it would be way cheaper to have them PC's that buying all new rims.

Not even sure there is a place around here that could powdercoat them. What price would something like this run on average? Thanks...Jamie
Old 07-31-2007, 05:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Not even sure there is a place around here that could powdercoat them. What price would something like this run on average? Thanks...Jamie
Quote:
Superior Powder Coating 18.14 miles from
(850) 936-8080
784 Green St
Crestview, FL 32539-2820
http://www.dexknows.com/search.ds;js...1 5D0.worker5

Sandblasting & powdercoating should run around $75ish/wheel.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Sandblasting & powdercoating should run around $75ish/wheel.

WOW, only 15 min away and never heard of the place. However, only lived here a year. Thanx a ton! How strong is PC and does it breakdown the strength of the wheel much? I def might consider this. Thanks man....Jamie
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

Make sure to tell them that you prefer durability to shine. There are a few powders out there that offer a decent combination of both. Temperature isn't high enough during the baking process to compromise the strength of the wheel.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Make sure to tell them that you prefer durability to shine. There are a few powders out there that offer a decent combination of both. Temperature isn't high enough during the baking process to compromise the strength of the wheel.

Thanks man....Jamie
Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

speednr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Both of these wheels still seem like bling to me? jsut cause they are not chrome they are still blingy.

ANY SPELLING ERRORS ARE TYPOS, OR , THEY ARE DONE ON PURPOSE.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednr1
Both of these wheels still seem like bling to me? jsut cause they are not chrome they are still blingy.

can see your point to a degree, however they are not something that wil look fawked up after mud sits on them for a while.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...however they are not something that wil look fawked up after mud sits on them for a while.

Actually, chrome is less likely to stain from mud than black paint or powdercoating, especially if it's a matte finish.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Actually, chrome is less likely to stain from mud than black paint or powdercoating, especially if it's a matte finish.
Not true. I've seen chrome get some nasty water stains on it. Also, you can't touch up scratched bling as easily as you can black.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Not true. I've seen chrome get some nasty water stains on it. Also, you can't touch up scratched bling as easily as you can black.

I agree, my chrome rims are already stained from last weekend. The mineral deposits have etched into the chrome wheel. AFter a quick polish, you can still see them, but not as bad. I can;pt wait to PC these.

For those PCing their rims, do just a drty said. YOu can always armor all your tires and rims and wipe them down. THey shine up really nice. YOu can also get a small texture to it at some places.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

That was my thinking as well....scratch...hit it with the rattle can