H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Is anyone else stockpiling parts?

Since our H2s are no longer in production, I was wondering if anyone else has started to buy replacement parts just in case....i.e. dash plastics, door panels, consoles, etc? My intent is to keep my H2 indefinitely, and have recently started searching for hard to find parts. Am I the only one?

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

New York City is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is anyone else stockpiling parts?

well I just purchased my first h2.
Will definitely keep it as long as possible.

As for stocking parts, I don't know about that.
I mean I own a 96 impala ss and I can walk into the chevy dealer & find any part I want.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

Your not alone. I just upgraded my factory Nav/radio unit,speakers and amp because the factory amplifier went out on me. The factory Bose system rocks. When I upgraded I ran new wiring and kept all original wiring intact. Even though I spent about $2500 on a new system, I bought another brand new Delco amplifier so I could put the original system back together in the future. So far I've stocked up on a OEM front carpet, OEM drivers side bottom leather seat cover, and air suspension compressor. If anyone knows of anything that is bound to go that we should get a back-up of list here please.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York City
well I just purchased my first h2.
Will definitely keep it as long as possible.

As for stocking parts, I don't know about that.
I mean I own a 96 impala ss and I can walk into the chevy dealer & find any part I want.

That's different though.....Chevy dealers are still in existence. HUMMER dealers are extinct. I don't want Chevy or Cadillac crossover parts on my truck.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH23H2SUT
That's different though.....Chevy dealers are still in existence. HUMMER dealers are extinct. I don't want Chevy or Cadillac crossover parts on my truck.
LOL...what?

Deuces and 3s are GM. So you can, literally, walk into a 'Chevy' dealer and get the same part that came on your HUMMER. The only way you'd get a 'Chevy or Cadillac' part, as you put it, is if that part was cross-platform from the get go. They're not gonna try to sell you a strictly Escalade part for an H2...why?, because it won't fit.

Long story short...I don't see a problem in the future with getting almost ANY mechanical part for my deuce. It shares so much with the 2500, and they made a RACK of those, so we'll be good.

As for the unique parts, which I see as being mostly interior and body part, I've got a few dash pieces and a grill, my original front bumper....stuff like that; but i mainly keep them because I've modded the ones in my truck and these give me the option to roll back any of my changes fairly easily.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

That's because the 96 Impala (although a favorite of mine) is still just a rebadged Chevy Caprice.

I have some parts but not many. As mentioned the drive train won't be an issue ever however the interior yes. I have my full set of stock dash pieces, most parts I have are my original pieces that I have swapped for aftermarket stuff.

I also think I have 2 sets of roof lights. I love the look of the stock roof lights and would hate to have to install a smoked or clear set....
Old 05-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

with so many spare parts roaming around..someone sell me some tow hooks!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
LOL...what?

Deuces and 3s are GM. So you can, literally, walk into a 'Chevy' dealer and get the same part that came on your HUMMER. The only way you'd get a 'Chevy or Cadillac' part, as you put it, is if that part was cross-platform from the get go. They're not gonna try to sell you a strictly Escalade part for an H2...why?, because it won't fit.

Long story short...I don't see a problem in the future with getting almost ANY mechanical part for my deuce. It shares so much with the 2500, and they made a RACK of those, so we'll be good.

As for the unique parts, which I see as being mostly interior and body part, I've got a few dash pieces and a grill, my original front bumper....stuff like that; but i mainly keep them because I've modded the ones in my truck and these give me the option to roll back any of my changes fairly easily.

I recently bought a lightly used complete set of dash plastics with no cracks around the screw holes. Got lucky on that set off eBay. Also picked up a brand new in the box factory console. My left ac vent has stress cracks around the two screw holes. I haven't switched it out yet because it still works just fine and the cracks are minor imo. I also kept my factory chrome grille. On a side note, I would be careful about believing that you'll always be able to find parts from a GM dealer. A few months back I tried to order a completely new fuel line set up and was told by three dealers that it was discontinued. It hasn't even been ten years since the last production and already functional parts have been discontinued. Just my 0.02

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)
Old 05-19-2013, 02:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:

+1

Old 05-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
with so many spare parts roaming around..someone sell me some tow hooks!

I've got a set of OEM black that I have since I've swapped out for chrome hooks. Make me an offer.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNY15
+1

I had an upper control arm replaced by a GM dealer and they put on a part from another GM SUV. It clearly wasn't a match with my original that was on the drivers side. I was pissed but the job was already done, I told them in the future I want OEM replacements. They told me that true HUMMER parts are being discontinued with interchangeable parts. The upper arm was stress squeaking from the weight of my truck.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I recently bought a lightly used complete set of dash plastics with no cracks around the screw holes. Got lucky on that set off eBay. Also picked up a brand new in the box factory console. My left ac vent has stress cracks around the two screw holes. I haven't switched it out yet because it still works just fine and the cracks are minor imo. I also kept my factory chrome grille. On a side note, I would be careful about believing that you'll always be able to find parts from a GM dealer. A few months back I tried to order a completely new fuel line set up and was told by three dealers that it was discontinued. It hasn't even been ten years since the last production and already functional parts have been discontinued. Just my 0.02

Same thing happened to me when I replaced my fuel pump. I need to check my receipts with part #s so I can let you guys know exactly what parts are being substituted for.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I've got a set of OEM black that I have since I've swapped out for chrome hooks. Make me an offer.

I messaged you! Check your inbox when you have the chance.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had an upper control arm replaced by a GM dealer and they put on a part from another GM SUV. It clearly wasn't a match with my original that was on the drivers side. I was pissed but the job was already done, I told them in the future I want OEM replacements. They told me that true HUMMER parts are being discontinued with interchangeable parts. The upper arm was stress squeaking from the weight of my truck.
There's no such thing as 'true HUMMER' UCA. If you run the HUMMER part number for the upper control arm (25905442) you'll find that the UCA was a cross-model part from the get go...

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/.../25905442.html

...used on everything from Escalades to 3500s. You received the same part you would have received if the HUMMER brand was still around...prolly just a normal revision to an existing part. Mechanically, these trucks are not as 'like nothing else' as some would like to think.

Now, if AMG goes under, then the H1 guys are 'up sh!t creek.'
Old 05-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two entire hoods, a complete set of doors (no interior trim) and a hatch for an SUV.

I sold 4 interior trim panels for doors to a member that was in desperate need of them for 300 bucks. (I could have gotten that out of one)

Mark
Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I have two entire hoods, a complete set of doors (no interior trim) and a hatch for an SUV.

I sold 4 interior trim panels for doors to a member that was in desperate need of them for 300 bucks. (I could have gotten that out of one)

Mark

If you run across a full black set of interior door trim panels, please let me know as I have been looking for some. Thanks in advance

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
If you run across a full black set of interior door trim panels, please let me know as I have been looking for some. Thanks in advance

I will...

Also, in case anyone needs new leather, I have a complete set of katzskinz leather seat covers, headrest covers, etc, etc... black, perforated.

Mark
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I will...

Also, in case anyone needs new leather, I have a complete set of katzskinz leather seat covers, headrest covers, etc, etc... black, perforated.

Mark

PM sent

Old 05-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
PM sent

I'm going to pull the box out when I get a sec, I'm slammed at the shop.

Mark
Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

lol.. what else you got for sale?

shoot me a PM.. i only got $125 in paypal, but if its something i got to have.. ill find the funds

if its in "Black" i will want it btw.. mainly interior pieces
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193