H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-24-2002, 01:29 AM

Gray is off the scale

Hi my name is Gray and I am only 15 and will be turning 16 shortly. I will be driving a black H2 adv. series and I was curious about a few things because I would like to customize my car to suit me.

1st- Has anyone put a lift on there H2? If so how big and how do you like it?

2nd- What do you think of this interior? http://www.legendshummer.com/custom2.htm
The top right one

3rd- I reall want XM radio what are your thoughts on it?

4th- I am thinking about getting the Terminator 550 upgrade... has anyone had this done?

http://www.terminator427.com/termina...?cart=SVsByndR

Thank you for your help and time!!

Gray
Old 12-24-2002, 01:29 AM

Gray is off the scale

Hi my name is Gray and I am only 15 and will be turning 16 shortly. I will be driving a black H2 adv. series and I was curious about a few things because I would like to customize my car to suit me.

2nd- What do you think of this interior? http://www.legendshummer.com/custom2.htm
The top right one

4th- I am thinking about getting the Terminator 550 upgrade... has anyone had this done?

Thank you for your help and time!!

Gray
Old 12-24-2002, 01:39 AM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Dear Gray,
Welcome aboard. Many of your questions have been addressed in other threads. Please take time to browse the Forum topics a little bit.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-24-2002, 02:27 AM

Tiger Bait is off the scale

1. I don't recall anyone on the forum having done a lift, but I think the consensus from other threads is that it is not favored.
2. XM is great I have it installed and also have it for home. I think you will find a consensus here of those who have it, love it.
3. That interior is very nice. If you do more searching, you will find it is the interior from the concept H2 that GM and Hummer built for the car show circuit and isn't available anywhere including the guys who have posted the picture on their site.
4. The performance upgrade seems nice, but too expensive. If you want go fast, buy a 'vette or viper.

checking the other things available on that engine upgrade site, their entertainment system upgrade is about $5000 over priced.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:52 AM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

Dude...your gonna be the bomb at your High School.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:34 PM

Gray is off the scale

why not the lift?

Gray
Old 12-24-2002, 07:09 PM

The lift is not necessary to off road. It would actually make it very top heavy and prone to tip or roll in an accident on the highway.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:24 PM

Gray is off the scale

do you reccommend the navigation system? i am not that great with directions so i think it would help me. If so what do you reccomend? What is the best supercharger deal? Also, i know i am asking a lot of questions but i want to do this right, what do you reccommend for putting in a DVD system?

Gray
Old 12-24-2002, 08:37 PM

IMHO superchargers are a waste of money. If you want to go fast get another vehicle. If you want it for low end torque, get an H1 witha diesel you will be spending the same 55,000 +25000 for the deal you saw. New H1's can be had for this amount.
I love my Alpine DVD navigation system. I am moving it and my Alpine DVD changer to the H2 after Christmas. That's the only time my installer is free. The key is where to put the monitors. There is a thread with one shown mounted in a custom enclosure in front of the mini overhead console (with sunroof). It looks good, but I think they are soaking him as well.

I am considering mounting a single ALpine monitor on the dash to the left of the sdash for NAV only.
I also like the premade head rests that are at www.autobarn.com.
The installation of the Alpine monitors in the overhead console (without sunroof)at the site you put in an earlier post are a very good location, but the whole system is W A Y over priced. You could get that done for no more than $5000, not $8900. That's a screw job.

You must carefully shop for accessories. Most dealers and aftermarket guys know this vehicle is hot and some people are paying over sticker for them. SOOOOOO they assume that everone will and will also pay that for accessories. Not me and you shouldn't either.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:01 PM

Gray is off the scale

I understand the H2 is not made for speed but i would like to just have it up there in HP and torque... so what exactly in everyones opinion is the best deal? and another thing... Where would the best place be to put an Navigation screen? im definately going with the headrests... just curious about the nav. screen...
Last thing for now... at this website http://www.yellowh2.com/Mods.htm
the guy has the nightvision installed...does anyone reccommend that? and what about the Xbox he has installed...has anyone done that and how did it work out?? thanks so much for everyones time!

Gray
Old 12-25-2002, 05:37 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Get the Hummer first, then all your answers will be answered. Its your dad's money, spend it whatever and however you want, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, thats what money is for. My older son will turn 16 in 2 years, I wouldn't mind giving him my Hummer.

In fact, all your questions have been asked and answered many times over in previous posts. Most future or current Hummer owners do their homework read through them first, you and everyone save a lot time and energy.
Old 12-25-2002, 05:56 AM

1 bad h2 is off the scale

RIGHT ON MAC!
I BELIEVE THE KID IS GETTING A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY!!!!!!!AND A TAD BIT AHEAD OF HIMSELF
Old 12-26-2002, 06:41 PM

Gray is off the scale

well holy crap sorry for asking a question... i mean i thought you guys would help me out! i read all the posts!! every single one... i just wanted the LATEST input from people!

Gray
Old 12-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry there's no Cliff notes for this forum, kid. You'll have to do like everyone else does- READ! You lazy little.... Sorry Jason, I wasn't really gonna call him a turd. I swear.
And by the way kid, get the biggest lift you can. And fill the back with six 12" subwoofers with 2000 amps of thumping power. And don't forget the chrome!!! Put it everywhere you can. And make sure you blast Eminem. That way when everyone at your school calls you a tool, they'll be right.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

GRAY-

If I were you and money was no object, I would put a 10" Whiplash or Full Throttle Suspension on the H2 with some 44x18" Super Swamper Boggers on some 15x14" Weld StoneCrusher wheels. I would also add 4 15" Kove Armageddon U subs in the back powered by 4 Soundstream Tarantula Widow Maker 2000 watt amps. I would use a Pioneer NAV-SYS900DVD for both the audio/video system and navigation. You can look at any one of these items by going to the manufacturer's websites.

-HUMMERDOGG
Old 12-26-2002, 10:36 PM

ACR H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gray:

The top right one

Gray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Gray,
First of all, your a very lucky kid to be driving an H2 at 16. I would get a sports car if i were you, maybe a 03cobra or a Z06, much more fun at that age, but o well, thats just me.

As for a few of your questions:
1)i dont know much about any lift kits, SMA sells one, check it out at Here

2)That interior is for the concept H2, good luck trying to get your interior to look like that.

3)I think XM radio will be added in 04, so you might as well wait and get it then if you did no already.

4)I would not go with that 550 Terminator kit, first you will have to upgrade your brakes, the H2 wont be able to stop with all that power, plus i dont know if you want a 550hp H2 that is even higher off the ground with the lift kit you want, not safe. second, you can get that much HP by just adding a few parts from Breathless Performance (SC, headers and exhaust), which will end up costing you less then half the price of the Terminator 550. but if you have money to burn, then go with the LPE H2 kit, he uses an SC and no one modifies cars better then LPE GoHere for more info.

Good luck

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 12-29-2002, 12:29 AM

redrum is off the scale

ACR H2,

Are you an ACR owner also?