H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

This was posted on another forum, thought I'd pass it along:

From automobile mag, not online yet.

GM expects to show a concept version of the H3 (the most likely name for the next Hummer model) at November's SEMA show. Company officials describe the concept as a near-production prototype. According to suppliers, the H3 will be based on the new mid-size-truck platform underpinning the new 2004 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks.

GM suppliers say the new mid-size SUV will come out in fall 2004 as a 2005 model. The initial version of the H3 will be a four-door SUV, although an H3 SUT is also rumored. Spy pics of early H3 prototypes show short overhangs, a tailgate-mounted spare, and of course, that imposing, seven-slot grille that so irks Jeep product planners and litigators.

The H3 will likely cost $30-$35k. "The price ladder at Hummer will go down," confirms a senior GM official, who adds that whatever product follows the H3 could be even less expensive. Such a vehicle could be called the H4 and be similar in size and mission to the Wrangler.

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

From automobile mag, not online yet.

GM expects to show a concept version of the H3 (the most likely name for the next Hummer model) at November's SEMA show. Company officials describe the concept as a near-production prototype. According to suppliers, the H3 will be based on the new mid-size-truck platform underpinning the new 2004 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks.

GM suppliers say the new mid-size SUV will come out in fall 2004 as a 2005 model. The initial version of the H3 will be a four-door SUV, although an H3 SUT is also rumored. Spy pics of early H3 prototypes show short overhangs, a tailgate-mounted spare, and of course, that imposing, seven-slot grille that so irks Jeep product planners and litigators.

The H3 will likely cost $30-$35k. "The price ladder at Hummer will go down," confirms a senior GM official, who adds that whatever product follows the H3 could be even less expensive. Such a vehicle could be called the H4 and be similar in size and mission to the Wrangler.

- Dan

SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I do not like the H3 concept. The H2 I think brought Hummer to the mainstream by makign the vehicle practical. Making cheap versions will just tarnish the name.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-08-2003, 03:38 PM

Batson34 is off the scale

Here we go again!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:54 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan:

_From automobile mag, not online yet.

The H3 will likely cost $30-$35k. "The price ladder at Hummer will go down," confirms a senior GM official, who adds that whatever product follows the H3 could be even less expensive. Such a vehicle could be called the H4 and be similar in size and mission to the Wrangler._

- Dan
If the H3 out performs Jeep off road, how ould that tarnish the Hummer name.
I think it's good that you have a High end Hummer and an affordable as well. I don't see myself buying a $100,000 Hummer. I am not happy with the direction and quality of Jeep and an affordable Hummer sounds great to me, it would replace my Retired Jeep Cherokee.
I think GM wants to give Jeep a run for its money not cheapen Hummer. The H1 will always be the ome we want to own, but I see myself in the future with 2 kids in collage, so just be=cause we all don't have 6 figure incomes should we be shut out from the world of Hummer?

http://www.ezwebsales.com/H2/1black.jpg SUT on order since 12/02 - 10 months to go!
-------------------------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Hi. I am the one that thinks a cheap version of the Hummer will make the name "Hummer" less of an impact. I know I may be pummeled by this but part of the Hummer experience is knowing you can afford it. Some owners of H1's probably feel the same about the H2's so I guess its all relative. I for one do not put Jeep and Hummer in the same category.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-08-2003, 07:32 PM

I wish I could afford an H1, but i'll have to settle for an H3.
That is almost like saying they should only make Grand Cherokees or Range Rovers.
I think it is good to have entry level Hummers then people get more exposed to Hummer and want an H1.

I want an H3!
Old 08-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Dan, I just received the Automobile magazine yesterday. The last sentence in that report, which is not included in your first post here, is rather intriguing, and related to H2 and H1's future direction.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

If that is how the H3 is going to turn out I say BRAVO! Although I was completely wrong about the slanted windshield in other threads.

I agree with SoCalXmer that when the H3 outperforms similar sized Jeeps that we are in business and it is better to bring more people to the party. I would love to talk to H3 owners and have them come along on trips and more. Right now we are leaning toward the new GMC Envoy XUV with the sliding top (very cool) but if the H3 turns out right maybe we will pick it up instead. I would love to be an all Hummer family.

If any of you have seen the GMCTV on TechTv where they go through the entire GM truck line discussing locking diffs., 4 wheel steer, traction control, mid-gates, and XUV sliding top you will know that the direction GM is going with trucks is simply incredible. While Ford continues to cut spending on development and Dodge is still off on another planet GM is coming up with the most innovative designs and technology I have seen.

Consider this: "Answer honestly when I ask which performs better off-road and then overall; the H1 or the H2? I think I know what most of the answers will be but consider that the H3 could out-perform the H2 in some situations and now we have a fun forum.

Keep up the good work GM. Keep the Hummer name growing and keep it true!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:02 PM

I agree Mac. The Hummer familey can take ove where the Jeep line is failing. I just hope the H3 dosen't have that curved windsheild, that looks stupid! Hummers are boxy, I like boxy because boxy is tough.

I want an H3!
Old 08-11-2003, 07:48 PM

Drag is off the scale

Hell, I've said it too, I want to see what the H3 can do. If it's nimble and agile, then I don't see it as cheapening the brand. After all, the Land Cruiser sells well in the Toyota line up, and they make Camry for the love of pete. Nobody says "I won't pay full market value for this new Land Cruiser beacuse Toyota makes cheap sedans". Well, maybe they do, but I think that that would be stupid.

Is anyone going to go the SEMA show in November? The article says that H3 may debut there, and I wouldn't mind. Can you say "Group Rate"? I can.

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"