Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other HUMMER Models

Old 12-26-2002, 04:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Al is off the scale

I placed a deposit for the 2004 H2 SUT. The dealer advised me that they are asking $5,000.00 over the MSRP. Supposedly the H2 SUT will be built in limited quantities. If I buy an original H2 I could add a lot of accessories for $5,000.00. I'd like to hear from others who may have put down a deposit on the H2 SUT. Are other dealers asking the same?

PS - I plan to order mine in yellow!
Old 12-26-2002, 04:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Al is off the scale

I placed a deposit for the 2004 H2 SUT. The dealer advised me that they are asking $5,000.00 over the MSRP. Supposedly the H2 SUT will be built in limited quantities. If I buy an original H2 I could add a lot of accessories for $5,000.00. I'd like to hear from others who may have put down a deposit on the H2 SUT. Are other dealers asking the same?

PS - I plan to order mine in yellow!
Old 12-27-2002, 04:00 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Why give them $5000 deposit now just so you can wait in line? then pay $5000 on top of the MSRP. When that SUT is available, walk into a dealer and pay $5000 above MSRP, he will give you the SUT regardless of the waiting list. Better yet, pay MSRP, wait a month or 2, you'll still be the first on your block. Money talks, there will be many Hummer dealers ready to take your money.

I ordered my Hummer 1 month after first H2 delivery, got it 4 weeks later. Without being on a waiting list, I got my Hummer 1-2 months after people who have been on the waiting list for years. SUT will NOT sell as many as H2 SUV, many love it but very few will buy it; I don't think you need to worry about not being able to buy a SUT.

SUT is a nice looking pickup truck, fun to talk about it, but no more than that, because it is not real yet. The real big deal is what we got in our garages now, the real thing, HUMMER. You can buy it now.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree with you MAC on several points, but I don't feel like debating today so I will claim "everyone is entitled to their opinion".

Now, if you read the original post, it said that the dealer is asking $5000 over MSRP, not that they were asking for a $5000 deposit. The post never specified what the required deposit was.

Now that we have that straight... I put my SUT deposit down a few weeks ago. I told my dealer that I refuse to pay above MSRP because I could easily go elsewhere and get one for that. They had no problem with that, especially seeing how I ordered so far in advance. The only reason I could see paying above MSRP is so you can grab an SUT off the lot before the next guy. Remember though, money doesn't do much talking when the SUT on the lot is already under deposit (ordered) and technically sold. It only talks for available vehicles.

I don't know what your financial situation is like, and I won't ask, but for me $5000 is a good chunk of change that I would not be shelling out if I didn't have to. Its stupid if you think about it. Order now and pay MSRP, or wait until they're rolling into the dealers and pay $5000 over just to take one off the lot before someone else does. And why wait until then to order and wait another couple months? Ordering now gets me the first SUT at my dealer at MSRP.

You're doing the right thing, but I would tell my dealer now that you're not paying over MSRP. If they can't do that for you then walk away & find a dealer that will.

As far as colors, who knows what they'll be offering for the '05 models. I'm waiting to decide on that & other options until next fall when GM starts to accept production orders. That $5k you save by not having to pay over MSRP could pay for that nice Motorola iRadio Telematics nav screen in the dash!

Welcome to the SUT deposit club [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
- Dan
ps: I call them the '05 models because they are slated to have 2005 VINs
Old 12-27-2002, 03:29 PM

NSXTC is off the scale

My salesman said that by law, anyone can walk into a dealer and claim any car they have on their lot... No matter if there's a waiting list for that particular one. If it's in the lot, the law states that they must sell it to who ever wants it. They don't make this publicly known.

Now, they can mark it up how much they want since the buyer wants it sooo bad. The way they look at it is if you're going to knock someone off the waiting list, you're going to pay a premium. 8)

The other thing the dealer can say is that the model that the walk-in wants is sold and the buyer is picking it up later today.

It's all up to the dealer and how well/bad they are doing in sales that day.
H2SUT.com
----------
Red metallic, Lux package, Poron backup sensors, throttle body by-pass, Independent dual DVDs, Volant air box, DRL mod, chrome hood handles and latch.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Dan, you are right, I was wrong about deposit amount.

When I called around for H2, a salesman told me he has a long waiting list, but he will sell me a black one coming in next day if I was willing to pay a few thousands extra. Of course they would do that, the only reason he sits there is to make money, as much as can. As George Hamilton said: "But, that's what I do."

I have been on waiting list for new autos 4 times. I can understand and agree with what you are doing. Once was Isuzu VehiCross, it came in months later, I took one look and declined. Another one I found it elsewhere, 2 MBs I took. I also agree and will not pay $5K over MSRP. I did pay $5K over in '91 for a MB SL when it first came out, but I was young, no family and stupid.

I love SUT look, but never had a need for flatbed except for Xmas tree, but do need the trunk many times a day.

Al, good luck.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure you're right about any vehicle on the lot being for sale, ordered or not. You can bet that I'll be watching and tracking my SUT's order, manufacture date, ship date, and delivery. All of those are available to the dealer via computer after your order is placed.

They sell my order to some high roller who can't keep his pants on and I'll handcuff myself to the front door of the showroom. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(you reading this Crowley Hummer??)

- Dan
Old 12-28-2002, 03:51 AM

Just to let you know...

I was told I had to pay MSRP for the SUT (I put a deposit down about 2 months ago), didn't have to pay anythng extra.