H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-04-2005, 01:07 PM

stevomc is off the scale

hi from germany, im very new to this forum.

i just ordered my hummer h3 two days before. i will get my car in 2 weeks. a h3 lux. with some extras.

now i have a question. can someone tell me more about the 7 monsoon speaker sytem. what is it like ?

i ordered the h3 without seeing it in real :-) i only know the car from pictures and the internet .. so plz tell me about the soundsystem.. what will i get

thanx and best regards from germany

stevo
Old 11-04-2005, 01:07 PM

stevomc is off the scale

i just ordered my hummer h3 two days before. i will get my car in 2 weeks. a h3 lux. with some extras.

now i have a question. can someone tell me more about the 7 monsoon speaker sytem. what is it like ?

i ordered the h3 without seeing it in real :-) i only know the car from pictures and the internet .. so plz tell me about the soundsystem.. what will i get

stevo
Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order. Monsoon system sounds great but I will let someone else describe it better since I don't have mine yet.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point

The monsoon system is AWSOME....is sounds great you will enjoy it. Would you be able to get satalite radio like XM in Europe> My father wants to take my H3 to Greece.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 PM

stevomc is off the scale

hi,

thanx for reply

i will have a satalite radio in my h3. i dont know if i can use it in germany? i will see and i will tell you when i have it!. i will get my hummer on the 21st ...

so when i have tested teh satelite radio i will post you a pm or in this forum..so all will know :-)

best regards

stevo
Old 11-04-2005, 03:34 PM

Game Over is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevomc:

stevo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Cool.. Another H3 owner from Germany
Old 11-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

I WannaHummer is off the scale

Hey there. XM will not work in Eurpoe. XM has 2 geosynchronous sats over the US, which means they are always focused over the US. B/C of this Mexico and Canada can sometimes get service, just depends where you are.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheArchiTexan is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to be the party crasher but i will tell you something..Monsoon sounds perfect and everything but the subwoofers are made out of paper..They will eventually blow, and you cant go get new subs because the amp is in the head unit and it is wired where u can only buy monsoon speakers. They will last for a year, trust me ive been throough like 4 already on my last car.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheArchiTexan:
I hate to be the party crasher but i will tell you something..Monsoon sounds perfect and everything but the subwoofers are made out of paper..They will eventually blow, and you cant go get new subs because the amp is in the head unit and it is wired where u can only buy monsoon speakers. They will last for a year, trust me ive been throough like 4 already on my last car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you do this.
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...5/m/4081074441

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Slightly off topic...

We used to live in Gelnhausen, a small town to the northeast of Frankfurt and Hanau. We traveled through Kiel on our way to Sweeden. I remember that it was a very pretty city. I look forward to getting back to that area again someday.

Like I said, way off topic. Enjoy the H3.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

How it sounds is personal, I like it, and it for me it has plenty of bass and clarity of high signals.
As for speaker replacement, all speakers are replaceable with aftermarket speakers, except for the rear, which is not subjected to weather problems.
The rear speaker is replaced as a box, but it is not required to purchase the amplifier, it is serviced separately.

As for satellite radio, can you get Worldspace satellite in Germany? If so, you might be able to switch out the XM receiver box for a worldspace receiver. They operated quite similarly, especially since Worldspace is one of the owners of XM, and they have co-developed many of the units used by each system.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheArchiTexan:
I hate to be the party crasher but i will tell you something..Monsoon sounds perfect and everything but the subwoofers are made out of paper..They will eventually blow, and you cant go get new subs because the amp is in the head unit and it is wired where u can only buy monsoon speakers. They will last for a year, trust me ive been throough like 4 already on my last car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of music and how loud do ya play it??? Have you got the bass cranked? There's nothing intrinsically wrong with paper cones if well-made. Anyway, the H3 warranty ought to cover the subs if there is any problem.

I didn't want the Monsoon system...until I heard it. Its much better than the systems in a lot of high-end cars.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black_H3 is off the scale

They will eventually blow, and you cant go get new subs because the amp is in the head unit and it is wired where u can only buy monsoon speakers. They will last for a year, trust me ive been throough like 4 already on my last car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LMAO!!!!!!

I just blew my first one And like I posted above, the sound engineer at the Hummer dealer said I shouldn't be listening to it that loud and that wouldn't happen
I luv the system, sounds awesome, but like they say, the speakers tend to blow if your not careful.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Die System Felsen!

Did I say that correctly?

The system is nice! What type of systems/cars are you playing/ driving? that will really determine on if it is nice to you or not.
Congrats on the H3.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

how can you only buy monsoon speakers? if you have a positive/negative wire from the HU then any speaker will receive power from the HU. i can foresee problems with changing a HU with a monsoon system but not speakers. a speaker is a speaker. oh, and paper cones are fine. you can run a high-end system with paper cones and it can sound amazing. sh!t, vinyl (old technology) can sound better than digitial music. analog recording has more warmth than 10100011001 digitized sound.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:26 AM

stevomc is off the scale

hi again from germany,

thank you a lot for your reply on my questions. im looking forward to get my h3. i will tell you when i will blow my first subwoofer :-) no i think i will not... blow it. but very thank you for the answers.

best regards from germany

stevo
Old 11-05-2005, 03:29 AM

stevomc is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by timgco:
Die System Felsen!

SMILE ... LOL .. yes i understand .. but we say in germany "das system schockt" .. i think you wanted to say "the system rockz" :-)

felsen = rock
but
rockz or rocks = schockt [macht spass, ist geil, ist der hammer]

regards

stevo
Old 11-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevomc:
hi again from germany,
stevo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the forum.

BTW, nice looking dog stevomc. and here's my "bo's'n" -boatswain.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:28 AM

stevomc is off the scale

and here I AM with my LOVE "Dimba"

hi to all H3 Lovers from Germany

Attached Images

Old 11-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

And here is my Alaskan Malamute at 4-months...