H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

whos had a crown! what is it? does it hurt? how long does it take? i just went to the dentist for a tooth thats been buggin me and it turns out my silver filling has made my tooth get a crack in it... so they want to give me a crown.. now im a really big baby, and im only familiar with how they drill and it hurts, do they have alternative methods?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Hummer Authority

whos had a crown! what is it? does it hurt? how long does it take? i just went to the dentist for a tooth thats been buggin me and it turns out my silver filling has made my tooth get a crack in it... so they want to give me a crown.. now im a really big baby, and im only familiar with how they drill and it hurts, do they have alternative methods?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

You can pull the tooth bad idea .Your dentist should have explained it to you.A crown is like a cap they file down tooth and cement a porcelin one over tooth. either have him gas you( nitrous good stuff) or novicane (needle) if tooth is bad than a root canal(they suck). The prep for the crown shouldnt hurt more than a filling if you have a good dentist. . Watch out for bad dentists
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell them you want to be put under! I think they call it sedation dentistry

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Hummer Authority

yeah see my dentist is asain and dont speak well... she tried to explain but had a hard time coming across well i have no idea if she is good or not either... i dunno i hate going to the dentist im a big fat baby
Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw! Wannabe?

Laymans terms:
First you want to make sure that the decay has not reached the point where you would need a root canal. Because not getting all the decay and proceeding with the crown ($1400.- +) would be a bad idea. You want a good base to set it on.

Crowns are great and they are normally placed in two appts. The first one being a prep appt. in which they would drill it down to fit under a crown and take impressions. You will feel vibrations, and you may experience that mouth full of water feeling and have to sit with some crap in your mouth while it sets. Then they will put a temporary crown made of acrylic on the "nub" (if they are good it will be relatively close to your natural color) and that will remain until the lab has made your permanent one.

They do have alternatives to being totally conscious, such as N202 (nitrous oxide=laughing gas) or a light IV sedation. But I really think you will be fine. The girls will laugh at you and call you a pussy in the back room. Depending on your insurance, if you let me know what it is I can probably give you a good idea what is covered and whats not, the sedation is normally not covered for crown preps.

Does the drilling really hurt you or is it the thought? If you have a large filling in there already it won't be any worse than that was.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

Brian H is off the scale

I've never had novican or the gas. I guess I have just been lucky with my toofers. I just like smiling at the world!
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Hummer Deity

Hey, you look like my father.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Brian H is off the scale

Lol...too funny. Hiya son, it has been many moons since I have seen you.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask this guy.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy went with the new round crowns.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Hummer Deity

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Ask this guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

He looks like a Hippo.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:56 AM
Hummer Authority

haha i got aetna insurance... this was my first time going to the dentist at this office... i usualy go once every like 2 years anyways this tooth already has a silver filling, so i guess they will take it out and fix that tooth up and put the crown on it.. im just a big baby... its doesnt necesarily hurt, but getting the shot in the gum and then they rub it and aw man it just sucks i white knuckle the chair the entire time i told the dentist i would just stop chewing on that side then she told me my other side has a crack too just not as bad damn dentists!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:14 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

maybe get a second opinion. Keep in mind you will need a driver if you get nitros. I was told it is a WA law. Whatever!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Ahh... Dentistry Dentists. Hmmm.... they are what bought me my Hummer.

Yer tooth is cracked, it needs to be fixed. Quit yer bitchin and get the crown. The alternatives are much worse.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:30 AM

Edspad is off the scale

Dentists are kind of like Barbers..you keep looking around, try this one or that one, Until you find what your looking for, or give up and go with the False Teeth.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

gcraybas is off the scale

wannabbe,
I am a DDS in Syracuse, NY. It is interesting to read all of the posts on regards to your treatment. I agree on not wanting to have a crown or potential root canal to restore the mercury fishing weight in your tooth. I would seek out a DDS that is progresive and with advanced technology. I recommend having a CEREC onlay/Restoration (if it is possible) to replace the void the silver has left behind. This CAD/CAM restoration is based on an enamel-like porcelain this is milled while you wait (one appointment), metal-free, conserves tooth structure, bonded to your tooth (strengthens enamel and has similar physical properties that lessens post-op symptoms). A CEREC is less $$ to your out of pocket expense. This tecnology is a huge investment for a DDS to make that gives the greatest return based on the advantages listed above. The barber analogy is correct, there are very few high quality perfectionists that practice dentistry and are affordabble. Just remember "Garbage in Garbage out". The majority of patients are not educated consumers for their mouth, but they are for everything else. Ask qustions about you options.You should demand state of the art technolgy for your care! I Would. I own an H2 and H3. Demand the best, you are worth it!

http://www.cerecuse.com

Greg
Old 11-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Hummer Authority

thats what im talkin about, thanks for the info! im definetly going to look around as im not too sure about this particular office i visited... the facility seemed a little rustic. Ill ask them what procedures they use, but she did mention they would have to grind the tooth, take an impression put a temp crown on and ship the mold to a lab and have them make the tooth then wait for it to come back and install it.. but if i could do it all in one visit that would be awesome! im a real baby when it comes to this!