H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey gang
I have come across the chance to get real late model train horns. These are no joke. I heard one setup on a Colorado truck. He uses a 1 gallon tank and it's own pump. He said You could use a 1/2 gallon tank but, on either setup just have air pump setup to refill and cutoff. He has it setup on it's own switch and mounted under body because they are big.
Gang these horns are the loudest thing I have ever heard. They are aluminum and can be polished or painted. I'm having Him to find out what they could be bought for and how many are available. He says it will not be a ridiculous price but, more than these baby aftermarket horns. You would sware You just heard a train at the crossing. If You are interested please start a list here for Me to see how many wants them. It may be We can get a better price on volume. I have mine already but, have not been priced to me yet. I kid You not You could blow this horn running 75 down the freeway and 6 cars in front of You would hear it. Well came across them and thought I would see if anyone wanted any. I have seen many requests for good loud horns. These could be illegal in some state do not know. Not even sure if I'll get in rouble in Arky land.
Let Me know so i can see how many and how soon I could get My hands on them to ship to You. I just want to help and horns will be at what ever cost is plus the actual shipping cost. Just like to return to the forum for all the guidance i have gotten. Just a way for Me to say Thank You.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Can you get any pics? Can you get just the horns w/o the compressor? Ballpark idea on cost? How big are the horns themselves? Is it raining there?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Hummer Authority

PARAGON i will try and have more info in a few days. I will take digital camera and get pics. They come without compressor. All You will get is the horns, 3 horns per setup different size each with different tone to each. Sound, just pull up to a RR crossing and sit and listen that is what it sounds like. I'm told though You can control loudness with high or low pressure. I will get good measurements but, they are big. Way bigger than what You see for H2's in websites. But, they give a train size sound no joking. They are LOUD.
I'm thinking of mounting them on the frame. I do not think there is room under the hood.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-06-2005, 11:13 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Taz, if those are like the ones the truckers here in CA. have they are very loud. Here in CA. though they are also illegal, but then again so is tinting your windows.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Authority

These are so much louder than trucker horns not joking. I would bet they are illegal anywhere but, a little bad guy sneaks out every so often. I'll just have to be careful when i use them like at shows to draw attention to the Mall Queen. Or if someone just get's on My last nerve. They could cause a heart attack if used on the wrong person. As I mentioned the loudness can be controlled with pressure so they can be toned down. I would thing 2 1/2 gallon tanks to sitch between presure or an adjustable valve with remote to adjust pressure. You could mount a pressure gauge in cab and test it at different levels to know how loud it is a different pressure. I would think a remote nitrous valve could be used on tank. Some nitrous are just on or off but, i think i remember seeing a remote adjustable valve.
PARAGON i forgot it is raining here.
TAZ
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Quote:
These are so much louder than trucker horns not joking.

I know, the truckers out here use the train horns. If it were the ones that come from the factory I doubt they would be illegal .
Old 06-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya post pics. So you have this but have not installed it yet? I have the Real Wheels Air Horn and that gets up to 135 db, and thats loud.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:49 AM

rodster is off the scale

Train horns and Hummers were mentioned in the same WSJ article recently. It's here.

Best quote from the article: "For the past few months, Jose Lopez de Zaldo of South Beach has been periodically awoken in the wee hours of the morning by what he thought sounded like trains. 'I was very perplexed,' says Mr. de Zaldo. 'I've been living in Miami Beach for 15 years and never heard train horns.'"
Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Without naming names, I happen to know a guy up north with a mac-daddy setup going into his black SUT right now. There is a problem with the compressor, but all's installed and ready to go. I have a feeling sounds and pics are on their way.

So just hang in there and see what he posts. BTW, around 140 dbs.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Tazzer,

I may want in, but I need more info. If I need to give up ground clearance, no-can-do. I had a 2 compressor, 5 horn, tank-free set-up in the Tahoe, which I can replicate in the H2 for around $70. I'll wait for more info from you. Thanks, Bro'. Mighty thoughtful of you!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I oppose the train horn idea, not that it doesn't seem like a cool toy. However, for the expense and effort- how many times would you actually "toot" it. Not to mention the thought of possible litigation if applied during your daily commute.
For instance- someone cuts you off, you blast it and a Prep School Van full of privileged children get hurt because the driver got spooked and ran into the guard rail.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:23 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

I'm interested... Please keep me posted on pricing...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 06-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Hummer Authority

I will be going to the shop Thursday. Had planned to go sooner but, some other businesss stuff came up. I hope to have Pics, measurements, and cost. There may be a limited number but, that has not been determined yet. Just making an estimate I do not see how they can fit under hood. may be wrong though. We have been doing other things and not trying to figure horn install. We figure We'll make it work reguardless. We have to polish them also so they are going to be a last thing done type deal. I hope to have all the info I can collect at least posted Friday.
OH Co-pilot You are correct it will require selfcontrol as to when You use them. I will use them carefully but, in My situation it is for WOW at the shows. Drawing attention to My Girl.
Very good addition to this discussion though, OH most logical one.
TAZ
Old 06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I can think of so many times I'd like to have them. Damn stupid peo... Uh... How about ripping down the qtr blowing those things! I've already been told the H2 looks like a Brinks at night going down it. Let's add sound!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine found a train horn in the junkyard. He hooked it to the air in his shop and BLEW MY F&*NG HEAD OFF !!!

They're super duper loud, especially up close.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:27 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Quote:
A friend of mine found a train horn in the junkyard. He hooked it to the air in his shop and BLEW MY F&*NG HEAD OFF !!!

No doubt. They will cause more accidents than they will prevent. Here is something close to the ones I was talking about.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by H2 Rocks:

Roxie,

Imagine if I honked that on our way up Lion's Back!!!

Oh I so want one now.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Hummer Authority

The train horns are much bigger than the baby horns in the picture. I may have measurements tommorrow. I emailed a guy to see if he could get them for Me. These horns are heavy also. Made out of aluminum or at least the set I got donated to me are bu, seem dense. I just cannot relate in anyway how loud these are. It is all relaive to the pressure you put through them. The guy that showed Me his sound was off the hook. We had people come from way down the street to see what it was. I would say 1/2 mile away and from next street over with buildings seperating. You can control the loudness depending on how much of a risk taker you are.

But, You need to keep in mind that these horns are used on a train going what 30 to 60 MPH depending on if in a city crossing and they are heard with no problem above the train engine and track noise going on at the same time.
LOUD is all I can say.
TAZ

Quote:
Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A friend of mine found a train horn in the junkyard. He hooked it to the air in his shop and BLEW MY F&*NG HEAD OFF !!!

No doubt. They will cause more accidents than they will prevent. Here is something close to the ones I was talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:

Roxie,

Imagine if I honked that on our way up Lion's Back!!!

Oh I so want one now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do that and I promise I will serve ****ty Canadian Ass Beef at the BBQ!
Or I could call it Sweet Revenge Canadian ****ty Ass Beef. Either way it'll be YOUR ass! If you were big enough, I'd open a restaurant, and I'd put your ass on the menu as "Lions Back Horn Honker" served Rare...
and I'd be laughing all the way to the grill!

I so know how serious you are, that I just wanted to make myself clear. In fact, I'm having so much fun thinkinig about it, I just might do it anyway.