H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

posted by "jimbo" at www.wegotmud.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My jeep is offically better than a $55,000 plus suv... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:48 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work at VW, so the owner wants me and the other porter to make a display of tourags in the snow...so automatically, I grab the keys to my jeep, and I start making a path for the tourags to go on...im in 4 wheel drive, and I see my buddy in the top of the line V8, with Air suspension (adjust height etc.) and I start to move some more...and all i hear is..."SSCCHHHHHHVHHHHHHHHHH".....tires spinning! that d-bag got a tourag stuck! so I put it in 4-hi, and was doing some 4x4 donuts....and after all the digging, rocking, and other techniques, the tourag didnt come out (the owner wanted us to try all means possible before taking the tow-straps out...) so we tried and tried, finally I got tired, hopped in my jeep, backed it up near the tourag...hooked up the tow-strap, 2 seconds later, the tourag isnt stuck anymore! muahaha....I think it is time for a sticker above my hitch that reads, "Place Tourag HERE!"

After all the bashing I missed, I figured I'd get a fresh thread going.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Expert

posted by "jimbo" at www.wegotmud.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My jeep is offically better than a $55,000 plus suv... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:48 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work at VW, so the owner wants me and the other porter to make a display of tourags in the snow...so automatically, I grab the keys to my jeep, and I start making a path for the tourags to go on...im in 4 wheel drive, and I see my buddy in the top of the line V8, with Air suspension (adjust height etc.) and I start to move some more...and all i hear is..."SSCCHHHHHHVHHHHHHHHHH".....tires spinning! that d-bag got a tourag stuck! so I put it in 4-hi, and was doing some 4x4 donuts....and after all the digging, rocking, and other techniques, the tourag didnt come out (the owner wanted us to try all means possible before taking the tow-straps out...) so we tried and tried, finally I got tired, hopped in my jeep, backed it up near the tourag...hooked up the tow-strap, 2 seconds later, the tourag isnt stuck anymore! muahaha....I think it is time for a sticker above my hitch that reads, "Place Tourag HERE!"

After all the bashing I missed, I figured I'd get a fresh thread going.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I had taken pictures of the 2 Jeeps I rescued from snow last year on New Years Day.

It's funny how the jeep-nard neglects to mention he probably didn't have stock tires.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM

05H2-Bob is off the scale

Jeeps are better than VWs
Old 01-29-2005, 01:08 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Jeeps are cool...............and tough
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Hummer Expert

That Jeep be "BLING'N"!
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-29-2005, 01:21 AM

Superman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I wish I had taken pictures of the 2 Jeeps I rescued from snow last year on New Years Day.

It's funny how the jeep-nard neglects to mention he probably didn't have stock tires. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does that have to do with anything???

Tire tread is obviously one of the most important aspects of traction there is, so if he had the foresight to mount a better tread than more power to him. We all end up without our stock tires after they wear out.

I don't think that anyone on this board would realistically argue that Stock Hummer can follow a stock Jeep on the trail and keep up.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:26 AM

Whoever did that needs to get smacked
Old 01-29-2005, 01:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:

Nope, the stock H2 will leave the Jeep in many/most situations. And lets be clear here, the Rubicon and the H2 are on par, any other stock Jeep will be hard pressed to follow an H2.

S <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has already long been established on this board that there is no substitue for solid axles front and rear. A stock Jeep will keep all 4 tires on the ground while an H2 is hanging them in the air. The rubicon has front and rear lockers, a 4:1 transfer case, solid dana 44's. There is no stock vehicle in the world short of a unimog or g wagen that can match that kinda capability out of the box. The defender 90's were pretty good, but who wants an all aluminum vehicle that suffers from electrolysis corrosion, besides, they don't make them anymore anyway.

I don't even wanna go into what I saw three guys in two H1's doing in at Haspen acres one day. There buddy in his 70's 3/4 ton chevy had his hands full pulling them out of mud holes. those things sink like stones.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:44 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Jeeps rock
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 01:55 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
Nope, a Rubicon that is STOCK will not have swaybar disconnects and will pick tires up off the ground almost as frequently as an H2.

S <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a wrench and thirty seconds?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, a Rubicon that is STOCK will not have swaybar disconnects and will pick tires up off the ground almost as frequently as an H2. Plus the H2 has an advantage with it's wheelbase in some situations. Rubi's are nice, but I have seen them fail trying to follow an H2 and vice-versa, as I said, I consider them to be about par.

S <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have to agree with Seth on this. I have dseen the RUBI work. GREAT RIG! But that short wheele base will flip it over in some situations where the H@ will keep climbing.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Before I got my H2, I was a loyal Jeep fanatic for 8 years.

I can tell you in comparison between my 8 years with my Sahara SE and 2 years with my H2, I can NEVER EVER go back to Jeep brand.

The H2 can do so much more, more cargo, more people, a hell of alot more stable on or off road, safer, more capable off-road I can attest, the list goes on and on. Hell you can even go as far as saying it even gets alot more attention(The whole world can vouche for that.) if you're an attention whore.

If the Rubicon was the same price as the H2, The Rubicon would lose miserably in sales. Well, I think I don't need to go any further.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-29-2005, 02:09 AM

I wasn't talking about adding a grand worth of stuff. Disconnecting the sway bar is a matter of backing off two nuts and folding it up. It is faster than gassing up, filling your wiper fluid, checking your tire pressure, etc.

When people get Jeeps they come with little nuts on the bottom of the door pins. You have to remove those four nuts to remove the doors. A Jeep with the doors off is not a "modded jeep". Same goes for the sway bars. And yes, you disc the front sway bar on a rubicon and you have an out of the box rock buggy. You can not say that about any other vehicle made in America.

I have owned three jeeps and we have one company hummer and I would not try to follow a stock wrangler sport with a ls rear in the H2.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I still see my Jeep friends from time to time. We went up to Stave Lake last year. We played follow the leader. Most of the areas I lead, they could not follow.

Like me, most of the owners here have had the privilage of experiencing both the Jeep brand and the Hummer brand. You on the other hand are starting to sound desperate.

Until you've done that, you're efforts to convince the majority here are in vain.

My Video Collectionez